Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Saturday 29th December - presuming Stranraer, as losing play off finalists, move up the second division

Smashing, think of all the local derbies next year with Ayr, Queens and Stranraer all in the same division. Only thing, Stranraer will miss out on the travelling knuckle draggers following Sevco - as they pass each other in the promotion/relegation places at the end of the season

Woah, woah, woah! Genuine consideration to not just whether it'll be SFL1 or SFL3 but Scottish league football in general? Could this be down to clubs realising it's possibly too late to give them a place not knowing if they'll be able to fulfil fixtures?

AR15firing.gifSevco

Exactly my thoughts this morning - and Longmuir's phrasing is interesting.

Ground?

Players?

Infrastructure?

Can this even be considered for SFL3 let alone SFL1?

Let's hope they get punted. Could be a lot of changes being discussed if that happens. May I suggest a thread title well in advance? Tables of the Reconstruction.

OK, can anyone who understands f**knugget logic explain this post to me:

with it being one of these two teams taking the spare position in the SPL surely these two shouldnt be able to vote in our vote as uncertain if they will be SFL clubs at start of new season.

So as they shouldnt vote how would thier vote count

eg

if both vote = 31 votes

neither vote = 29 votes

but if neither vote how do the votes for them count and will it be 15 or 16 votes that are required? could it have a situation of 15 votes for and 16 votes against but we still get into Div1 as have 50% of the official number of 30. And if they abstain do me start at -2 votes for no other reason than SPL vindictivenes? (feck typing this making me more confused)

Why would Dundee and Dunfermline voting equate to 31 votes? Please don't tell me they think they've got a vote... :blink:

As many of you know, we held supporter meetings on Tuesday at our small but neat dinkydome of dreams. I went over to visit my dear 82 old mum in Johnstone first, before heading over to the ground. The conversation went like this, and I am not kidding...

'So son, what is it you're going over there for again?'

'It's a meeting about what's happening with this whole Rangers thing mum - could cost all the other teams a lot of money'.

'Yes, have seen a lot about that Rangers on the television - no-one seems to like them much any more, do they?'

'Aye mum. That's right. Fancy a cuppa?'

:)

Smashing, think of all the local derbies next year with Ayr, Queens and Stranraer all in the same division. Only thing, Stranraer will miss out on the travelling knuckle draggers following Sevco - as they pass each other in the promotion/relegation places at the end of the season

Stranraer fans I know are keen to have the four home games with QoS and Ayr.

They prefer this to the orcs, most of whom would have been alighting at Cairnryan, no doubt.

Don't hand over a coin until your clubs have told you exactly what they intend to do for you next season.

You have the right and through supporters groups you have the vehicle to carry your concerns to the tops of your clubs and all the way back again. It's really quite simple. Demand answers from the people who want money you can barely afford to give. Don't buy until you know exactly what your are getting.

And whatever you do, ignore the spin.

Jim Traynor May 2010

Has anyone said when Dundee and Dunfermline will be put out their misery?

So many ways I could choose to answer this. Now, let me consider my response. No poz, no, don't do it - diddy love-in needs protecting at the moment. 8)

There undoubtably has been bitterness and schadenfreude towards Rangers as an entity but that is understandable to me. To anyone like me that grew up supporting a diddy team in an area crawling with Rangers fans, it wasn't the Rangers BoD that was in your face every day with a misplaced arrogance and inflated self-worth - it was their fans and I'll admit to taking some petty satisfaction that the worst of social inadequates that latch on to Rangers, yet have been to Ibrox less than I have, are having a bad time of it now. The fact is that there is still an utter lack of humility or contrition from these roasters even now that the extent of Ranger's cheating has been made clear - so hell mend them as far as I'm concerned.

It is possible to support a course of action in a logical, sober way - to see the newco in Div 3 in the knowledge of the consequences - and at the same time enjoying seeing some of the dregs of society worrying about what to do on a Saturday outside of marching season biggrin.gif

Excellent post.

Delighting in Rangers' plight and wanting the competitions we watch to have some integrity are entirely consistent positions.

Someone said that too many were motivated by a thirst for revenge rather than one for justice. They're not mutually exclusive.

I have no difficulty in admitting that I want Rangers to suffer badly for two main reasons:

1. I absolutely despise the club.

2. It's right and proper that they do.

That both those statements are true is not a problem for me.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Absolutely. Thumping two local rivals on our way to second division glory would be pleasing indeed 8)

We'd also get to avoid newco for, at least, two seasons!

Edited by Mr X

Has anyone said when Dundee and Dunfermline will be put out their misery?

Well it's got to be before next Thursday or they'll be voting on Newco getting into a league with no vacancies.

Also read today,(can't mind where or who), that they're trying to bring the meeting/vote forward to Tuesday.

Btw, who's the guy Davie White from Falkirk who was on Talksport today? Director or General Manager or something. He said he'd be happy for Newco to go into 1st Div next season if it meant getting reconstruction the following year.

To be honest, I'll be gutted if newco are admitted to the SFL at all for next season when they can't even guarantee stability or the fact they'll finish the season.

No big sponsor, no licence, no squad (!) - the only reason they would be admitted is because of their loathsome gloryhunting fanbase which they have accumulated over the years through cheating and exploiting bigotry.

Edited by King Kong Bundy

Stranraer fans I know are keen to have the four home games with QoS and Ayr.

Believe it or not, I'd much rather go down to Stranraer from Aberdeen rather than Airdrie. Queens, Stranraer and most likely Ayr will be happy with that. Pars, Falkirk and Raith fans will be happy. The Dundee derby returns... there's eight teams across the 1st and 2nd getting bigger gates already - what's bad about it?!

They prefer this to the orcs, most of whom would have been alighting at Cairnryan, no doubt.

I thought Stranraer's problem was that everything's going to go through Cairnryan soon so very few need to head south into Stranraer now with all the buses running north directly from the terminal rather than heading down to the train station?

Edited by Hedgecutter