Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A real chance for green and newco here. all they have to do is say to sfl - we will only appy to join SFL at league 3 level. that, it appears is what a great deal of oldco rangers fans want. it is certainly what most of us want and a lot of SFL chairmen want.

tell sfl to go f**k themselves over sfl 1 offer it's 3 or nothing - call their bluff.

he won't of course but they would certainly go into new ca,paign with a great deal more goodwill....if goodwill is the right word

Not sure if anyone has pondered this yet. Up until today, Rangers fans came on here and insisted that post-liquidation, it was still the old Rangers, with all the history, all the trophies, and all the nice wee stars above the badge. Have any of them came on here, post-No to newco, and attempted to claim: 'SFL diddy team? Who, us? Nah - that's the newco version....we're still the old Rangers, with all the history, all the trophies, and all the nice wee stars above the badge.'

Maybe... in a parallel universe somewhere... there is an old Rangers. I reckon those Hadron Collider boffins could find the old Rangers if they looked hard enough.

Edited by pozbaird

What can the SFA/SPL realistically offer the clubs in divisions 2/3 to allow the newco into SFL 1?

The payment of their current contract obligation of £1.8 million a year.

Cheers

So the list of No to Newco in SFL1 now looks like:

Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Ayr Utd and Morton.

Eight clubs is fantastic at this point. Anyone got any more? Or conversely, are any of the above likely to waver?

Annan and East Fife were definitely in opposition to last week's voting. As for wavering, the SPL are trying to play it on two fronts. For the wee teams, the annual settlement constitutes a much larger section of their income. That could change their vote. But how is the threat actually enforceable? The SPL are obliged to pay that.

I think this is one of two double bluffs.

The second threat is the creation of an SPL2. I think this is a non-starter though. Firstly, they've already alienated quite a few First Division clubs - the bigger ones - who would be vital to the credibility of a breakaway. Then you just have to consider the time that's left. The vote is on July 12th FFS: there is hee-haw chance of it being pulled together in time for an August kick-off.

It is nothing but threats and coercion. I do not understand what has really unfolded today. The SPL have given away probably their largest piece of leverage: that they could just re-admit Sevco into their league with penalties. A bluff, but no more than the other set of ridiculous threats in the SFL document. They seem to be banking on a vague feeling from the SFL meeting that Sevco should be in the First. Looking at the number of Nos, they are either misguided or several clubs are lying to their fans.

Listening to the Bomber here, it's feckin hilarious but it's also so cringeworthy that it's making my skin crawl, I donno how much I can cope with...might have to give up and listen to fat Traynor getting bheasted :)

Listening to the Bomber here, it's feckin hilarious but it's also so cringeworthy that it's making my skin crawl, I donno how much I can cope with...might have to give up and listen to fat Traynor getting bheasted :)

Brilliant performance from Bummer Brown, AKA Rab C Nesbitt, . He packs his bags and walks away with a comment from CG "if I told you his comment, his safety would be in doubt"!

Doesnt give a toss about the diddy clubs - what a small thick minded bawbag he is, no wonder Green wont waste any time with him

Probably said some sentence that he coulnd't translate into English. The boys are walking away, aint buying the season tickets, superb. Financial meltdown, what a laugh - that club created it!

Rangers fans are due nothing to Scottish football, lol

I am just listening to the Radio Scotland sportsound just now - absolutely fantastic from Stuart Cosgrove! He is ripping Traynor apart, showing him to be a complete Muppet and him and Jim Spence are doing a fantastic job of showing the west coast media shambles that has dragged on for far too long!

The payment of their current contract obligation of £1.8 million a year.

Annan and East Fife were definitely in opposition to last week's voting. As for wavering, the SPL are trying to play it on two fronts. For the wee teams, the annual settlement constitutes a much larger section of their income. That could change their vote. But how is the threat actually enforceable? The SPL are obliged to pay that.

You'd also imagine that the increase in gate money, sponsorship and awareness the lower leagues would get with Rangers there for a three year minimum would at least equal any money lost if the SPL do a runner?