Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But they are Rangers

corporate liability

why do you think the boss from barclays got the boot because what others done?

i hate all the bigotry stuff but their are loads of decent celtic and rangers fans out their, and to be quite honest i wouldn't like to be in their (decent rangers fans) shoes and the uncertainty in scottish football was starting to get to me as it has been non stop since febuary, i just wish it would end, just put them in the 3rd and get on with it and if my club can't survive financially so be it

This might have been mentioned before, but the media seem to think that if Newco go into Div 1 they will only be out of the top flight for 1 season. I think they would struggle to get out of the 1st division next season. They've only a small squad so far, much of it inexperienced relatively speaking. If they started in Div 3, they would probably gain consecutive promotions back to the SPL, so 3 years out of the top flight instead of (in my view) 2years if they went to Div 1.

I think Newco will need investment to win even the 3rd.

Wallace and Broadfoot won't want to hang around and effectively kill their Scotland chances.

ah p&b i will always be in youre debt for helping me to find rangers media, and i'm loving how this is all a ***** conspiercy and all of scotlands "mhedia" are against them. even tho they've been loyal for years and have led the crusade to keep rangers as high up the league as possible.

well all i can say to that is

HAHAHAHAHAHA, HA

My understanding is that what will happen now is that SFA will lead the charge to "save the game".

Regan will come out tomorrow and announce that they are riding to the rescue and that they will broker a deal between SPL and SFL that will bring about major re-construction in return for SevCo parachuting in to SFL 1.

The plan will end up being something like as follows;

Next season 3 promoted from SFL 1 to SPL, 1 relegated

Meaning 14 team SPL in season 2013-2014 and giving SevCo almost a one in three chance of getting promoted back into top flight next year.

Season 2013-2014 would operate with a 6/8 split, this would satisfy Sky in last year of contract as feasibly they could get four OF games (if SevCo have made it up and finished top six).

At end of season 2013-2014 another three clubs promoted, one relegated, giving a 16 team SPL in time for season 2014-2015.

At this point the "new" SKY deal would be ready to kick in but they might decide it wasn't for them. Should hopefully be more competition from the likes of BT Vision established by this point to give them a run for their money.

How the 16 team league would actually operate and what would happen below the SPL in terms of structure I have no idea but this is the SORT of thing that I can see being offered in a bid to win round SFL support for the unpalatable option of SevCo into second tier.

Regan will definitely come out tomorrow and back reform in order to get Sevco into second tier, wait and see !!