Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ok, so based on feedback from davej and magnethead I will change the list of SFL clubs saying No to Newco in SFL1 to:

Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Ayr Utd

In addition we have Dundee and Airdrie who I believe will be abstaining next week. I wonder how that will change the required number of Yes votes needed? I have a feeling that Cockwomble will try to convince Longmuir it needs to be 51% of Yes/No votes, not 51% of the number of member clubs...

Thistle today have said that they would not support the Newco in Div1 proposal.

Cowdenbeath will vote Yes I'm sure.

I think Sevco's only hope is that all the 1st division teams vote for it and they can sway a few more from Div 2 and 3.

Seriously though what Div3 or 2nd Div club is going to vote for it? I certainly wouldn't.

I think the SFL's next dialogies should be along the following lines:

"Good afternoon Cockwomb Mr Doncaster, I understand you want to cut some sort of deal involving Sevco entering the First Division in exchange for the crumbs of a TV Deal and some league reconstruction, which should be happening anyway?"

"Yes that's correct. Rangers going into the Third Division is not viable"

"It's Sevco Neil. Rangers no longer exist you fucking buffoon"

"I don't think it's viable to refer to Rangers as Sevco"

"Shut the f**k up, here are OUR terms:

1. You will give us the play off spot and all the other goodies regardless.

2. Sevco WILL go into the Third Division whether you fucking like it or not. Any attempts by you to bully the SFL into any other outcome will not be looked upon favourably re the application.

3. Should you proceed with any risible SPL2 threats, we'll broker our OWN TV deal and ALL the money will stay in the lower leagues. You should note that this will last for a minimum of three seasons, based on the assumption that Sevco win the Third, Second and First Divisions at the first time of asking.

I don't feel that's a viable solution.

Well, we feel it's perfectly viable, and we hold all the aces, so either agree, or f**k off.

Good day to you.

I think the SFA are just happy to defer this decision to FIFA. Better to let someone else make the decision.

The trouble with this is that the players contracts are governed by TUPE, which FIFA have no governance over - and neither do the SFA. They're going to find themselves embarrassed in the UK lawcourts again.

Edited by knapdarloch

I don't have a MW radio, can I listen to Sportsound online or via Sky?

5 months in and you ain't got it sussed, tut tut......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17325775 bookmark it.....

And dont know re Sky with it being a mw feed....

I don't have a MW radio, can I listen to Sportsound online or via Sky?

On Sky, channel 0116 mate.

Just realised it's MW only. Use the internets, with Sky you're snookered.

Edited by mozam76

Embarrassment for Ayrshire! Rather than ripping into my neighbours for supporting a club with no morals, I (incredibly :blink: ) feel sorry for them because this MJ scumbag has let us all down.

i feel the same to be honest

hope it doesnt hit them TOO hard

just enough to make mj realise

The trouble with this is that the players contracts are governed by TUPE, which FIFA have no governance over - and neither do the SFA. They're going to find themselves embarrassed in the UK lawcourts again.

As far as I can see, the players have no legal obligation to TUPE to Sevco Rangers. Many of them chose not to.

The complication is the transfer of the football registrations, because Green tried to buy them for Sevco Rangers as assets. The dispute will be to determine whether Sevco Rangers have any right to hold on to the registrations of the new players.

As such, there should be no reason for the legal courts to be involved. The legal courts would favour the players/PFA/buying clubs.

Assuming Sevco 5088 (that name is ever-so-slightly growing on me) get into SFL3, I hope they'll be signing a few working class hero type players, you know Alf Tupper or Wilson type guys. Then again, there's the immigrant worker market. In my line of work (construction), the Poles will undercut anyone by as much as 40% (may be a slight issue with PAYE & NI there but that shouldn't be a big stumbling block to TCFKAR)

What can the SFA/SPL realistically offer the clubs in divisions 2/3 to allow the newco into SFL 1?

You find that people who are greedy, money grabbing, and without any moral compass assume that everyone else has the same lack of values. Therefore everyone is bribe-able, it is just a matter of how much.

Doncaster is someone who comes across as having these attitudes and values. mad.gif

What they can't understand is that there are people out there who play by more traditional rules and attitudes. People who live in their community and are not trying to carve out big careers for themselves by doing whatever it takes.

Hopefully we can all support those traditional values against the bribes, backhanders and wink wink nudge nudge approach. biggrin.gif

Mr Cosgrove.

If you are reading this, please give that deluded, rangers pandering, self preserving, lamb feasting, agenda touting, armagedon voicing, scaremongering, job loosing, waste of space, Jim Traynor an absolute pounding tonight.

All the best.

Dave.J

Mr Cosgrove,

Just in case you are busy and to avoid the chance you miss this - here is again the message again.

Mr Waldo

Assuming Sevco 5088 (that name is ever-so-slightly growing on me) get into SFL3, I hope they'll be signing a few working class hero type players, you know Alf Tupper or Wilson type guys. Then again, there's the immigrant worker market. In my line of work (construction), the Poles will undercut anyone by as much as 40% (may be a slight issue with PAYE & NI there but that shouldn't be a big stumbling block to TCFKAR)

Is it not Sevco Scotland now?

I genuinely don't know.

apologies if posted already

DUNDEE FOOTBALL CLUB STATEMENT

Dundee CEO Scot Gardiner today made the following statement on behalf of the Club.

"In order to try and bring some clarity to the situation for our fans and sponsors, I would like to outline some of the events of the last week or two in relation to Dundee FC and our position within the SFL.

When it became clear that the Clubs of the SFL were going to be called into Hampden on 3rd July to either take a vote or as it has been put, give a steer, in advance of a vote on Rangers Football Club being admitted into either Division 1 or Division 3, I immediately called the SFL.

The purpose of the call was to receive some guidance on whether Dundee FC would be conflicted in voting for either option as we would potentially be the direct beneficiaries of a yes vote in either case. I was very concerned that Dundee FC could be attacked or criticised for trying to influence the situation and or gain benefit for the Club by voting for either option.

The initial advice was that SFL rules clearly state that, save in extraordinary circumstances, ALL Members must vote and cannot abstain, such action would incur a heavy fine and there was an existing precedent.

Prior to the meeting however and following discussions with the SFL Office Bearers and their legal team, we were informed that these were extraordinary circumstances and there was indeed a clear conflict of interest and it would be against natural justice for us to vote. We could take part in the debate but not the vote. We were the only team in Division 1 told this as no other Club was conflicted.

Now that there is to be a formal vote on these matters at Hampden on the 12th July, our technical position is clear. We do not have to abstain as we cannot vote due to the stated potential conflict of interest which would be against natural justice. This is not our choice, it is however a fact that we cannot vote.

None of this means that we have been notified by the SPL, SFL or the SFA that our status as an SFL Club has changed or is due to change because we have not. We do hope however that this situation can be addressed as quickly as possible as it is clearly and obviously a tremendous distraction for all of us at Dundee FC with the season looming larger than ever."