Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Furthermore it should also be noted that the SFA has confirmed that in the event of there being a dispute over registration the matter will be referred to FIFA. We can confirm that the SFA has today rejected to issue the registration for one of our clients to an English Premier League Club. The Club in question disputes the rejection and will now write to FIFA seeking their intervention. We expect a speedy response from FIFA."

I think the SFA are just happy to defer this decision to FIFA. Better to let someone else make the decision.

It's going to be quite funny seeing Daily Record headlines line, "Rangers swoop to sign Arbroath starlet."

... Arbroath starlet set to turn down Gers, as interest from SPL club Dundee is revealed.

Fizzy pop forum for these headlines.

Ok, so based on feedback from davej and magnethead I will change the list of SFL clubs saying No to Newco in SFL1 to:

Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead and Ayr Utd

In addition we have Dundee and Airdrie who I believe will be abstaining next week. I wonder how that will change the required number of Yes votes needed? I have a feeling that Cockwomble will try to convince Longmuir it needs to be 51% of Yes/No votes, not 51% of the number of member clubs...

And morton.

Mr Cosgrove.

If you are reading this, please give that deluded, rangers pandering, self preserving, lamb feasting, agenda touting, armagedon voicing, scaremongering, job loosing, waste of space, Jim Traynor an absolute pounding tonight.

All the best.

Dave.J

Well said. Can't wait to hear him tear that Vogon p***k apart at 6:10pm. :D

Today's vote is a big step forward, well done to the 10 SPL chairmen who voted NO. I feel for the Killie fans though, Johnston really is a moron who is putting the club in deep shit with his decision to abstain in the vote. Now it's up to the SFL clubs to hopefully do the right thing despite all the scare tactics from Cockwomble and his pals and force Newco to play by the rules and apply to the Third Division like any club would.

Is Traynor on tonight? Sounded last night that he wasnt to be appearing.

Probably writting up an exclusive from a high up source that Sky are definately leaving, 4 clubs are bankrupt within 2 weeks and the price of curly wurlys are going to increase.

Liam McLeod on Twitter earlier said that Traynor was definitely on.

It's going to be quite funny seeing Daily Record headlines line, "Rangers swoop to sign Arbroath starlet."

Too late, Dunfermline have already signed Josh Falkingham :P

I know it was posted earlier but this auld dearie cracks me up" whit aboot the hearts no paying thur players??"

yeah we know they didnt pay them , but they were telt and they done whit they were told !!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16482_7862632,00.html

ETA media link cos Im a total fud!!laugh.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

Cheers

And morton.

So the list of No to Newco in SFL1 now looks like:

Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Ayr Utd and Morton.

Eight clubs is fantastic at this point. Anyone got any more? Or conversely, are any of the above likely to waver?

... Arbroath starlet set to turn down Gers, as interest from SPL club Dundee is revealed.

Fizzy pop forum for these headlines.

I'm looking forward to the Sevco stories next season, it'll be like a series of Scottish Cup 'diddy wee team' articles:

Joiner Bob Smith doesn't usually finish work until 10 at night and can only train twice a week, but he can't wait to pull on the famous blue and white strip of his boyhood heroes Rangers.

"Uv bin a big Gers fan aw ma days, I cannae wait tae run out at Ibrox oan Setterday. I never dreamed I'd get this opportunity and a cannae wait tae tell ma grandkids aboot it"

If Rangers go into SFL 3 the big losers are the current SPL clubs. Their budgets are bloated because of SKY and Rangers money. If Rangers go to SFL 3, then that will be a boon for the clubs in that division. Assuming Rangers escape that division, clubs in the other two divisions will subsequenlty receive their share of the "Rangers money".

The SFL could strike a TV deal and create more revenue.

Rangers bugdet will be cut to size, I don't think they've got many high earners left anyway. They'll be forced to live within their means. They'll have a share issue in a couple of years, and generate millions.

In the meantime the SPL will be a one horse race and worthless as a competition. Clubs on bloated budgets could fall by the wayside. Who wil be the next SPL side in SFL 3 ?:D

Some of the most deluded pish yet seen on this fine thread. Operating Ibrox and MP, with more than a hundred non playing staff with spl crowds, sky money, cl crowds and and cl tv money left your rabble losing more than a million per month.....now you think at £12 a ticket, with no tv cash and the inevitably tiny crowds you will able to live within your means?? How ?give us the numbers to back this up? how will you cut costs on business rates,tax,ni,maintenance, utlities and other fixed costs?? McCulloch and Wallace cost more than the entire budget of most sfl3 teams. SPL clubs will only lose out on 2 visits from rfc...but will save a fortune on policing and security (and insurance ) and have more access to prize money and european revenue.

Cheers

So the list of No to Newco in SFL1 now looks like:

Raith Rovers, Clyde, Dunfermline, Stranraer, Stirling Albion, Peterhead, Ayr Utd and Morton.

Eight clubs is fantastic at this point. Anyone got any more? Or conversely, are any of the above likely to waver?

East Fife should be on that list also

Actually a resonable statement from Green there , SFL should come out now and place them in SFL3 , games over lets get on with the season. f**k the SPL

Green said that he was "deeply disappointed" by the 'no' vote.

He added: "If our application were to be accepted, Rangers will play in whichever division the SFL sees fit and we will move forward from there."

The first hint from anyone at Sevco or Rangers that is anything less than arrogant, usually with some veiled threat included.

I suspect Green is beginning to understand the reality of where they are and how little support exists for them, outside their own inbreds.

It would be nice of the usual apologists such as Jabba, the Rangers 'ambassador', Ally and ex players learn what a slice of humble pie tastes like. biggrin.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis