Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Neither of those comparison images show the same stand. Even when the point is slightly valid, you still manage to f**k it up.

When ra peepul come to Tannadice they bring a bigger stand with them! :o

Ra peepul. bowdown.gif

How they'll be missed. :( Ho hum.

MOTHERWELL last night joined those opposed to Rangers being allowed into the SPL.The board asked supporters group, the Well Society, and shareholders, who voted byan 82 per cent majority to vote against Rangers’ return.

After listening to Sportsound last night my confidence in the right thing happening here is seriously starting to drop. Turnbull sounded resolute in his opinion but I sense he is dismayed that the unnacceptable pressure the SPL/SFA are putting on the SFL chairmen will see others fall into line.

It would be a travesty if that happens. In fact it would be a travesty if they were even in the SFL3.

Aye, that's how I heard it. When asked what his gut feeling was on what the outcome would be he sounded resigned to the fact that they would end up in the 1st.

If that's the case then the only way fans would start going back would be if natural justice took over and The Rangers were relegated into the 2nd.

If that happened I would start believing In God.

Not my reading of it. I think one or two SFL clubs will waiver but they were probably heading in that direction anyway. Most will keep there own counsel but probably be pissed off at being lectured by Cockwomble. These guys are not stupid and have put years into their own clubs, can't see sufficient numbers being swayed.

You're right I think and we should expect a "yes" from some with a very heavy heart, But when you're so close to the breadline and basic sustainability, it's a rock and a hard place isn't it?

I read the nice report from the St.Mirren meeting. I can understand where Gilmour comes from but ... FFS he says things like "had we 12 months to prepare" and uncertainty over sponsorship. I say BS to that as it's his - and the other twelve (eleven) owners of the SPL - fault.

Had he and other CEO's/owners kicked the butts of the people they employ (Cockwomble) they'd have "certainty" by now. Administration began in February and HMRC rejection of CVA was announced on 1st June (?). But the latter event's probability had been duing the rounds for weeks before. It was simply bad corporate management NOT to discuss "what if's" with sponsors.

Just as not deciding beforehand what do with Rangers and later Seveco5088. Bad corporate governance ...

As to St.Mirren not being prepared - there's the summer transfer window looming ...

ADDED LATER: They could have held an EGM!

Borys

Edited by Borys

Cockwomble now saying that the vote might not take place today, to wait and see what the SFL do.

When will he and the "journalists" get it into their thick skulls that the SFL can't vote until the SPL have told them to GTF.

He;s been on Radio 4's Today programme, he's currently on 5Live. Saying the same thing over and over. I still don't believe him. Wonder why.

Really is doing the rounds today. I still suspect a royal shafting. Maybe with the Queen in Glasgow (will she be at SPL meeting as Gers proxy?) we will get a decision.

Chris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaugNeil Doncaster admits there's a chance that no firm decision will be taken today. #SPL #Rangers

Well there is a surprise...blow me down. Can no one make a fucking decision!!! If the vote is to allow them in to SPL a vote will take place, if its not then the vote will not take place. Hahaha...democracy!

Edited by monrovianmonk

Cockwomble now saying that the vote might not take place today, to wait and see what the SFL do.

When will he and the "journalists" get it into their thick skulls that the SFL can't vote until the SPL have told them to GTF.

On whose behalf is Cockwomble speaking? It has been suggested that the document he produced last week was done without the knowledge of at least some SPL chairmen, certain SPL chairmen have reaffirmed they will vote NO, Motherwell have now stated their position, an unofficial meeting of SPL chairmen was called off last night and replaced with a 'conference call'.

I'm inclined to believe Cockwomble has gone rogue and the SPL will vote today.