Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Extract from todays piece in the Daily Ragtag :

Hutton emerged from the SFL’s crunch meeting at Hampden adamant Rangers should be demoted to the Third Division.

He rejected proposals to parachute the Ibrox newco into the First and slammed the SPL and its chief executive, Neil Doncaster, for saddling clubs such as Raith with their problem.

Hutton, who insists he has been threatened and bullied into making a decision, says the SPL is now unsustainable and branded it a dead parrot.

He urged them to disband and allow Scottish football to reinvent itself with top-flight clubs applying for SFL membership instead.

After Doncaster warned SFL clubs that as many as six SPL sides would go to the wall if Rangers aren’t allowed into the First Division, a seething Hutton said: “In essence, the SPL is like a dead parrot. It’s financially unsustainable.

“So it’s hardly up to the First Division to sustain that. There could maybe be a recognition from the top that accepts the SPL is dead so let’s wind it up.

“It hasn’t worked for the past 14 years, it has been a failure. It’s all gone belly-up.

“Let’s start again and I’m sure the SFL would welcome applications from teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation that is based on sporting integrity. "

Has there to date been an answer to these simple questions re the stitch up into SFL1:

1) what happens of Sevco don't get promotion from SFL1 next season? Unlikely but possible.

2) what happens if, say, Romanov decides to kick Hearts into touch next season, liquidate and start as a newco? Do they get treated the same?

1) The amount of promotion places wouldn't be decided until the last day of the season dependant on where Newco finish. ie: If it's 7th then top 7 go up.

2) No.

After listening to Sportsound last night my confidence in the right thing happening here is seriously starting to drop. Turnbull sounded resolute in his opinion but I sense he is dismayed that the unnacceptable pressure the SPL/SFA are putting on the SFL chairmen will see others fall into line.

It would be a travesty if that happens. In fact it would be a travesty if they were even in the SFL3.

Surely if they DO delay the vote today then the SFL can just abdicate any responsibility WHATSOEVER - there will be nothing to vote on!!

Except that it wouldn't be abdicating responsibility. The SFL have nothing to vote on currently as there is no vacancy. The vacancy will only arise in the event that the SPL chairmen grow some balls and finally hold a vote.

Extract from todays piece in the Daily Ragtag :

Hutton emerged from the SFL's crunch meeting at Hampden adamant Rangers should be demoted to the Third Division.

He rejected proposals to parachute the Ibrox newco into the First and slammed the SPL and its chief executive, Neil Doncaster, for saddling clubs such as Raith with their problem.

Hutton, who insists he has been threatened and bullied into making a decision, says the SPL is now unsustainable and branded it a dead parrot.

He urged them to disband and allow Scottish football to reinvent itself with top-flight clubs applying for SFL membership instead.

After Doncaster warned SFL clubs that as many as six SPL sides would go to the wall if Rangers aren't allowed into the First Division, a seething Hutton said: "In essence, the SPL is like a dead parrot. It's financially unsustainable.

"So it's hardly up to the First Division to sustain that. There could maybe be a recognition from the top that accepts the SPL is dead so let's wind it up.

"It hasn't worked for the past 14 years, it has been a failure. It's all gone belly-up.

"Let's start again and I'm sure the SFL would welcome applications from teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation that is based on sporting integrity. "

I like this man lots. Live within your means? It's what we all strive to do whatever the circumstances.

So what are people's predictions for today? I think only one of two things will happen. Either Sevco will be voted in to the SPL or the vote will be suspended. The lack of leadership on display from anyone involved in the running of Scottish football has been shocking. Once things settle down we need to replace the people at the top with ones that are able to drive through the necessary changes to our corrupt game. Had high hopes for the McLeish review but he proved himself on Radio Scotland this morning to be as big a *** apologist as anyone else in the game.

This whole episode has been a shameful embarrassment. Last one out switch the lights off...

Just listened to an interview with Doncaster who claims there's only 2 viable options, Rangers in the SPL or 1st Division and that he wants to protect the 41 other innocent clubs from financial armageddon....ehm Neil, there's 30 clubs in that number that you have put into the shite through the rigged monopoly of the SPL, the predicted apocalypse wouldn't affect them.

Just listened to an interview with Doncaster who claims there's only 2 viable options, Rangers in the SPL or 1st Division and that he wants to protect the 41 other innocent clubs from financial armageddon....ehm Neil, there's 30 clubs in that number that you have put into the shite through the rigged monopoly of the SPL, the predicted apocalypse wouldn't affect them.

So what are people's predictions for today? I think only one of two things will happen. Either Sevco will be voted in to the SPL or the vote will be suspended. The lack of leadership on display from anyone involved in the running of Scottish football has been shocking. Once things settle down we need to replace the people at the top with ones that are able to drive through the necessary changes to our corrupt game. Had high hopes for the McLeish review but he proved himself on Radio Scotland this morning to be as big a *** apologist as anyone else in the game.

This whole episode has been a shameful embarrassment. Last one out switch the lights off...

Suspended. Trying to get SFL to reveal their hand if we say no to SFL1 SPL clubs will let them in. SFL should refuse to vote until SPL FINALLY decide

Cockwomble has just been on the Today programme. His current line is "Why should the 41 innocent clubs suffer?" My answer would be to add 2 words to that question - "any more",

If 41 clubs are innocent - what does that make the rest of them?........:angry:

Does anyone know what the process for replacing those at 'the top' is? Is there a periodic election proccess? Can they be removed via a vote of no confidence?

I think (and actually hope) they suspend it - and that the SFL call their bluff next week by just sitting on their hands and getting on with the Ramsdens Cup!

After listening to Sportsound last night my confidence in the right thing happening here is seriously starting to drop. Turnbull sounded resolute in his opinion but I sense he is dismayed that the unnacceptable pressure the SPL/SFA are putting on the SFL chairmen will see others fall into line.

It would be a travesty if that happens. In fact it would be a travesty if they were even in the SFL3.

Not my reading of it. I think one or two SFL clubs will waiver but they were probably heading in that direction anyway. Most will keep there own counsel but probably be pissed off at being lectured by Cockwomble. These guys are not stupid and have put years into their own clubs, can't see sufficient numbers being swayed.

So will we need to fix the first division to ensure Rangers get promoted? With the squad they currently have I see no reason why they would be shoe-ins to win promotion at first time of asking. What if they went bust during the season? We'd just be back at the same place again.

If we have been living beyond our means so much that we can't afford the **** to be out the league for more than one season then we need to start again. Is the Daily Ranger finally starting to "get it"? http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/07/04/rangers-in-crisis-fans-would-rather-see-own-team-go-bust-than-newco-in-spl-86908-23904046/

Turnbull Hutton, as well as having the coolest name in football, is exactly the type of person we need in Regan's position.

I'd actually consider going to a Raith game as a thankyou, something I could never imagine pondering 6 months ago.