Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wish Traynor had been aboard that RAF plane today and plummeted to a horrible death, I would then liked to see his mangled body shoved down the portaloos at T in the Park to be be pissed and shat on, before scraping up any remains and crumbling them into the cappucinos of Doncaster and Regan. c**t

Shit, i greenied by accident.

I'd expect better from you Gordon.

The SFA have told clubs at today's meeting that Rangers must go into the first division at all costs. They were told that if Rangers have to go to division 3 there will be a football armageddon in Scottish football. Regan said Rangers will not go into the SPL but must go into division 1 or there will be a 18 million black hole that Scottish football will not recover from. He said that if they think that they wont be effected they are living on a different planet.

Sky have told the SFA that they will put up with Rangers out the SPL for 1 year but no more than that. As a incentive they will pay the SFL clubs 1 million pounds split between the 3 leagues and some Rangers games will be televised.

When it comes to 'sporting integrity' (no sniggering at the back there) versus financial survival there is no contest. Supporters of non-SPL clubs should consider that the other SPL clubs are trying to make the SFL bail them out of a hole that, in many ways, they have dug for themselves.

Meanwhile, a survey of Rangers supporters (validated by Rangers number) and carried out by the RFFF found that around 75% of Rangers fans were favourable to Rangers starting again from Div. 3. Frankly, we don't care if a few SPL clubs go to the wall as a result. In fact, we will enjoy contributing to the P&B threads on their administration and the discussion of the most suitable punishments for the financial doping that got them there..

It's fine. Everyone can just reform as a newco with no debt, get put into the 1st Division for a year and then be right back to normal in no time. :)

Stuart Gilmour said tonight that the best option for St Mirren would be:

1. Sevco go to the first division next season.

2. SPL expands to 14 next year - 3 up, one down.

3. SPL expands to 16 year after - 3 up one down.

f**k what would be good for St Mirren. They've been at the fucking basement end of the SPL ever since they came up. If budgeting for second-bottom every season still leaves them entirely dependent on sucking the old firm's tits for nourishment they should be wound up tomorrow.

Thanks for that. Did he give specific reasons for why these options were best rather than normal procedure of newco to apply and enter at Sfl3 level?

Basically we're unable to downsize quickly enough - if we'd known this was going to happen, we wouldn't have signed up the high earning players on contracts for next season. Even if in the unlikely event that sevco don't get promoted for next year, we'll not risk being over extended.

Sponsors have been polled by Cockwombles staff, and there were best case / worst case figures given for SPL SFL1, and SFL3. SFL3 was considerably worse than SFL1. Sky won't walk away, but will renegotiate terms.

It's fine. Everyone can just reform as a newco with no debt, get put into the 1st Division for a year and then be right back to normal in no time. :)

See if Dumbarton had known that we wouldn't have bothered arsing about in the bottom 2 leagues for 16 years before winning last years playoffs. We'd have just done a Sevco and not bothered with all this football malarkey for promotion.

Basically we're unable to downsize quickly enough - if we'd known this was going to happen, we wouldn't have signed up the high earning players on contracts for next season. Even if in the unlikely event that sevco don't get promoted for next year, we'll not risk being over extended.

Sponsors have been polled by Cockwombles staff, and there were best case / worst case figures given for SPL SFL1, and SFL3. SFL3 was considerably worse than SFL1. Sky won't walk away, but will renegotiate terms.

Odd, the other propaganda said the contract would remain the same for next season.

That is bullshit, and you know it.

Rangers have been in administration since February.

If your club were still budgeting for them still being in the SPL this coming season then more fool you.

Getting sick of hearing this argument now.

Can't believe I'm defending my county neighbour's financial mismanagement here, but they won't have racked up anything like £100+ million debt if they are forced to go down the administration/liquidation route like GTFRFC.

Could someone take a moment to explain again why HMRC couldn't just seize Ibrox and rent it back to Sevco until they had recouped all they were due? Still can't believe that isn't what happened ...

This post isn't meant to sound as bad as it will, some of you may even agree with me here.

When the SPL was founded in 1998 it wasn't to help Scottish football, it was to make large sums of cash for the original 10 clubs expanding to 12 2 years later.

The SFL have continually wanted to make it easier to get into the SPL with more promotion places and playoffs, but were told no.

Now we have the SPL clubs needing the SFL's help and i myself can't help but feel f**k you.

Guaranteed it is the same teams who blocked ideas of more relegation from the SPL who are the ones in the most financial trouble here.

I know Falkirk haven't always been a role model of financial prudence, but we do pay our debts and our players on time.

The SPL has too many clubs who try to spend their way away from relegation, where as our cutbacks cost us our SPL place.

Sort your own mess SPL, not our problem.

Well see, if say Killie went bust in this scenario there would be no discussion, no bail out, no threats, no parcels full of nails, no boycotts.

We'd be deid, forever.

You wouldn't be dead. You would simply follow Sevco's tracks laid neatly in front of you. Newcos' 2, 3, 4 & 5 coming soon.

Shit, i greenied by accident.

I'd expect better from you Gordon.

Any chance you could take 'Rangers' vote tomorrow? To see somebody making a c**t of a simple YES/NO vote would be hilarious.

This post isn't meant to sound as bad as it will, some of you may even agree with me here.

When the SPL was founded in 1998 it wasn't to help Scottish football, it was to make large sums of cash for the original 10 clubs expanding to 12 2 years later.

The SFL have continually wanted to make it easier to get into the SPL with more promotion places and playoffs, but were told no.

Now we have the SPL clubs needing the SFL's help and i myself can't help but feel f**k you.

Guaranteed it is the same teams who blocked ideas of more relegation from the SPL who are the ones in the most financial trouble here.

I know Falkirk haven't always been a role model of financial prudence, but we do pay our debts and our players on time.

The SPL has too many clubs who try to spend their way away from relegation, where as our cutbacks cost us our SPL place.

I agree 100%.

Your chairman isn't very bright is he?

f**k what would be good for St Mirren. They've been at the fucking basement end of the SPL ever since they came up. If budgeting for second-bottom every season still leaves them entirely dependent on sucking the old firm's tits for nourishment they should be wound up tomorrow.

1. We didn't budget for 2nd bottom last season, and by outbidding Hibs for Jim Goodwin(before feb 14th), etc, we weren't planning on 2nd bottom next season. You might not believe it given our performance against Ayr last year, but we played some pretty good football!

2. Maybe if a 16 team top division had been in place, we might not have had to suffer the shit-fest Gus ball years.

3. Maybe with a 16 team top league, then a whole raft of teams could be looking at getting in there - even your team.

As I said, I voted for Div 3, but I can understand why the majority voted Div 1.

Edited by iceblink

St Mirren being totally dependant on Rangers should be nothing short of embarrassing for Gilmour to admit.

So much for St Mirren punting the zero debt pish if they can't last 2 seasons without Rangers.

We should get punished for living within our means :blink: .

Caught up at lunchtime, expected a fairly large number of posts in reaction to today's meeting/predictions for tomorrow's meeting.

What I did NOT expect, but probably should have, is yet another delay in ANYONE coming out and saying what appears to be the unsayable:

The rangers football club cheated its way to dominance over a period of decades,and completely ignored their responsibility to help eradicate the problem of sectarianism in Scotland - rather they actively promoted a separatist agenda as part of their business strategy (in common with another club).

After having been found out in their theft of money from the taxpayers of this country, rangers refused to accept that they were acting in anything other than a proper fashion - even trying to sign or destabilise players when they knew they had no funds to carry through transfers.

Having been allowed to transfer control of the club to their preferred administrators, they acted thus:

Made no redundancies AT ALL in over FOUR months - contrast this with the administrations at Portsmouth and Bradford Bulls.

Stalled and dissembled when tasked with finding a way to move the club out of administration.

Finally allowed the club to be liquidated, which saw all creditors lose ALL their money. The only assets the club had were sold to a "consortium" of extremely shy backers for a sum which was remarkably adjacent to the administrators' fee.

At no time in this sorry saga has anyone connected with this disgraced organisation shown the slightest regret at the damage done to creditors' businesses, the tens of millions of pounds stolen from the UK taxpayer, or the shame and ridicule being brought upon the Scottish game and, by extension, Scotland itself.

The reaction from all connected with rangers - the directors, the administrators, the management and especially those poor fans who "are only concerned with the football, we're no' bigots", has ranged from contempt to arrogance to downright hostility towards any who might foolishly have expected some kind of contrition from "ra peepul". Reactions included:

1. Discriminatory payments from the RFFFFFFFFFFFFF to highlight how they perceived Dundee Utd, among others, had wronged them.

2. Rabble-rousing and redundant calls for "transparency" from Alistair McCoist - the public face of the club. Calls which led to threats of vandalism and violence against a fellow SFA club. Calls which were entirely unnecessary, as the club already new the answers they were screaming for.

3. Threats from club "ambassador" Sandy Jardine that "we will remember who has stood against us, and we will be back". (Is "club ambassador" a vital position in a club in administration?)

4. Threats from fans to boycott other SPL clubs, in order to "punish" those clubs by denying income.

Now, to Sevco 5088. Still no apologies, obviously - just a promise that any zombie club would simply keep rangers' history while leaving any responsibility behind.

Whether or not Green tried to alter contracts in June, as claimed, or not, his threats to any player not meekly accepting his view of TUPE - and any club daring to sign said players - are nothing more than intimidation, with no basis in law or justice.

Sevco have made no attempt to shed light on where their money is coming from to run the club - who is/are the backers? Surely this would have to be disclosed before any application for SFA membership, let alone application to the SFL.

If this lot want to play in the SFL, they have to give assurances that they can fulfil their fixtures - I have seen no indication that this would be the case. Imagine the reaction if they gain an SFL place and then fold before Christmas. I am given to understand that the maximum ticket price in Div 3 is £12, but I don't believe the maintenance cost of ibrox will decrease by 60% in line with gate income. (This is assuming they sell out every home gamelaugh.gif)

Oh bugger it, I really can't be arsed. The only solution for the good of our game, Scotland's reputation in international football, and for the country as a whole, is to erase this poisonous "brand" from the face of our sport. We've got a new season just round the corner, and no club in Scotland knows what their league competition is going to look like. This mob's behaviour, and the craven inaction of the game's custodians, is KILLING Scottish football.

And I haven't even gone into Bomber's sash bash in front of Strathclyde's finest, the in-out Knights, the racist slurs thrown at the only serious bidder H&D managed to attract, the tax-free payment to another club's manager shortly before unloading an unwanted player to the selfsame club, the holding of shares by representatives of other SFA members.....

Dear God, someone grow a pair and cut this monster's head off, stuff the mouth with garlic, stake it through the heart and burn it at a crossroads.

Rant over. Sorry peeps, the rage is strong tonight.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Can't argue with that, Gaz.