Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Basically the SPL lack the balls (pardon the pun) and want the SFL to deal with the whole sorry mess

Aye, as long as they deal with it correctly.

That is, put them in division one then take the blame from the fans. 8)

Edited by Skinheed

he could be very lonely this xmas depending on which way he votes.

he might be sitting all alone tapping his tigerfeet slippers.

That's right.

I wondered where No.8 had disappeared to!

He may already be away down to Southampton.

Why exactly is this vote being delayed tomorrow? Surely the teams in Europe need to get this sorted out as soon as possible. Why are they fucking about? Kill the c***s.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

At what point is the SPL chairmen going to tell us that they would prefer to keep Rangers for the money but are too afraid to tell their fans?

You know who you are.

That is basically what the issue is in a nutshell

For the record, I'd say Stranraer's statement today (earlier on this thread and here) has been the best constructed answer. Very few slips of the tongue about 'relegating' them but treating them as they are. A cold, dead, old club, and a phoenix club that doesn't have great prospects of getting off the ground right now.

First time I've seen it and it is an impressive statement. It'd be nice if their Dumfries and Galloway neighbours could see their way to voicing some similar sentiments.

Exactly my question. I've posted about it on the OS and in the First Division thread. For me (and assuming Spencey's called it right), it smacks of a cowardly unwillingness to rock the boat, or upset Sevco5088. A golden opportunity to be seen on the right side, especially after two administrations, and it looks like the board are going to shite it.

All the more galling after Rangers attempts to put us under over the Zurab Khizanishvili transfer in 2002/3.

As for your second paragraph, I genuinely think Chairmen are STILL underestimating the fans. I have no doubt whatsoever that some of them think "Aye they'll be annoyed this season, but it will all have been forgotten about this time next year".

I fucking hope not.

I would have thought we've already been nobbled. i.e. "If you vote NO, then you're not going up"

To be honest, I'll be gutted if we don't vote NO. Voting NO is the only honourable thing to do when threats are being bandied around by the SFA/SPL.

Are we so used to bending over and taking it, that we can't say NO anymore?

I've got enough respect for the St Mirren support to not comment on the latest news. I'd be keen to know their thoughts though...

Chairman is thinking with his wallet. I will be giving serious consideration to the cancellation of my CIC subscription. I don't intend giving my money to an institutionally corrupt "sporting"competition or to a BoD that condones it.

I think Gilmour is having a laugh here, he's rightly concerned about finances but is also trying to sell his shareholding in the club. The club clearly have no mandate to vote for the newco in the SPL, and so I would hope that they don't. If it comes out that they are involved in putting the heavy lean on SFL teams to vote them into division one then I'll be well miffed.

Basically the SPL lack the balls (pardon the pun) and want the SFL to deal with the whole sorry mess

Correct and while they were all shouting no to Newco they had the SFL1 plan baking on a low heat all the time. What they never considered was that the SFL would object and that's where their whole shameless plan has exploded in their faces. Up to the SFL now to show the SPL up for the spineless jellyfish that they are by saying NO and finally forcing the SPL to deliver the final verdict. Given Regans quote today I dont see the SPL even voting tomorrow - if the SFA have told the SPL no then that's it and a no from the SFL should end this farce once and for all next Thursday.

I would have thought we've already been nobbled. i.e. "If you vote NO, then you're not going up"

To be honest, I'll be gutted if we don't vote NO. Voting NO is the only honourable thing to do when threats are being bandied around by the SFA/SPL.

Are we so used to bending over and taking it, that we can't say NO anymore?

It;s a bit like in Ireland when they kept coming back with a new referendum till they eventually got what they wanted regardless if Ireland needed or not <_<.Keep changing and bending the rules till everyone accepts it or use threatening tones and tales of doom n gloom if it is not accepted.