Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Couple of things:

Why are Dundee abstaining from the proposed vote?

The most important people in all the forecast scenarios will be the fans, when will we see the forecast workings and have they factored in the collapse of all clubs through disillusionment?

Edited by Fife Saint

Graeme Macpherson ‏@Graeme_Macphers Meeting over. Fairly amicable. Show of hands at end seemed to favour Newco in Div 1. Some in favour of SPL with sanctions.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

Seeing as the SFL isn't in any position to vote on putting them in the SPL, was this journalist by any chance taking a show of hands from his comrades?

I've heard people say that for an SFL rule change it's over 66% (also heard 50%) of clubs in the league have to say yes. If that's true rather than going by number of votes then in practice an abstention is a no vote.

I'm sickened that we're not voting No straight-up though.

That might be Dundee's mealy-mouthed line on it, but it will be over 50% of votes cast. By abstaining, a club casts no vote so the criteria for Yes/No to win goes down equally on both sides.

By jove, I think I've got it! Here it is boys, the Scottish Football Deluxe League.

Celtic and "Rangers" (not to be confused with the club formally known as Rangers) contest the league in a one off mega event broadcast direct to the brains of every sentient being across the known universe.

Revenue generated will be in the region of many squillions of pounds. This will be passed on to every Scottish football fan and we will be fed Nessie caviar from the naked bodies of Glaswegian virgins in our la la houses in the sky over Govan/Parkhead (delete as appropriate)

All other sport is no longer relevent and is henceforth banned.

Good day

Have I got this right?

The SPL and the SFA want to know what way the SFL are going to vote by tonight. The SPL meet tomorrow and will decide if they are going to let the club formally known as Rangers to play in the SPL. Is the only reason they are pressing for a decision on the SFL/1st Division is because if it is a "NO" then they will let them play in the SPL?

The Gilmour quote from tonight seems to back this up i.e. if the SFL have given no indication as to how their vote will go then their will be no SPL vote tomorrow. This is getting utterly fucking farcical now. Someone somewhere has to pull the trigger. Not too far fetched that SFL will vote no on 12 July following a bottling by the SPL clubs tomorrow and then it's back in the SPL clubs court forcing them finally to vote one way or another at yet another meeting even further down the line. Will this coming season start on time ????

Couple of things:

Why are Dundee abstaining from the proposed vote?

The most important people in all the forecast scenarios will be the fans, when will we see the forecast workings and have they factored in the collapse of all clubs through lots of disillusionment?

Exactly my question. I've posted about it on the OS and in the First Division thread. For me (and assuming Spencey's called it right), it smacks of a cowardly unwillingness to rock the boat, or upset Sevco5088. A golden opportunity to be seen on the right side, especially after two administrations, and it looks like the board are going to shite it.

All the more galling after Rangers attempts to put us under over the Zurab Khizanishvili transfer in 2002/3.

As for your second paragraph, I genuinely think Chairmen are STILL underestimating the fans. I have no doubt whatsoever that some of them think "Aye they'll be annoyed this season, but it will all have been forgotten about this time next year".

I fucking hope not.

For all GB'ers.

It's C E L T I C.

okay, lesson 2

it's B L O O D S T A I N E D

thank you

Are you sure? I thought they were trying to write B L U E S T A I N E D ;)

The Gilmour quote from tonight seems to back this up i.e. if the SFL have given no indication as to how their vote will go then their will be no SPL vote tomorrow. This is getting utterly fucking farcical now. Someone somewhere has to pull the trigger. Not too far fetched that SFL will vote no on 12 July following a bottling by the SPL clubs tomorrow and then it's back in the SPL clubs court forcing them finally to vote one way or another at yet another meeting even further down the line. Will this coming season start on time ????

Basically the SPL lack the balls (pardon the pun) and want the SFL to deal with the whole sorry mess

No more on the Sky stuff .. thought so .. just keep it simple stupid.

Let's play at panto insults ... much more your level !!

Is there any point ? especially with you acting like an orc from ragers newco media !.

You know feck all about corporate structuring and public imaging,but you did throw in what you would call VALID points.

A little research into some things then you can find out that reducing the SPL's TV revenue ain't good for SKY's image and future profits especially since the newco will be in the SPL at some point and possibly killing off the golden goose as we are to SKY.

All this crap coming out of the SFA about SKY is feck all but scare mongering because SKY will still make a huge profit from Scotland as a whole even if the newco ain't in the SPL ASAP.

Look out he's behind you :ph34r:.

So there are 6 clubs in the SPL that would go to the wall if they were relegated, eh? I smell shite.

even if it were true that 6 SPL clubs could go to the wall, isn't it the fashionable thing these days to form a newco and dump the debt ?

Seeing as the SFL isn't in any position to vote on putting them in the SPL, was this journalist by any chance taking a show of hands from his comrades?

Sounds like more shite coming from the Herald.

Not many newspapers are coming out of this looking good.

Who is this guy anyway? Another sports writer. Seriously how many do we need?

The Rangers PR machine is now in overdrive. Public apologies, private bullying of individual decision makers. If seems to be very effective all of a sudden. I would love those that sent the SFL "financial meltdown" document to let a journalist look at their email inboxes ahead of it being sent. I bet Green's mob had a hand in it.

I am sickened that so many are being scared by the bullies at the last minute. We all know the right thing to do. We all know Green does not care AT ALL about Scottish football. Anyone who listens to his pathetic begging and bullying and crocodile tears is a fool