Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Pretty simple. Sky has lots of viewers who watch Scottish Football on their channels. Scottish football doesn't cost them very much for the number of viewers it gets.

(costs about 2% of what the premiership costs, but gets WAY more than 2% of the viewers). Scottish games get about 200k viewers, compared to 1M viewers for premiership matches.

Unless Sky wants to throw away one of it's better watched and cheapest sports, they will have to stick with SPL.

If these figures are true then it shows what a piss poor deal was negotiated by the wombling cock. A fifth of the EPL viewers but only gaining 2% of the revenue? This shows that Scottish football and Scottish viewers are more important to Sky than the SPL have estimated. This is a brilliant deal for Sky - they've negotiated it well. And now they've got a chance to renegotiate further due to there being no OF games.

The most important thing in a negotiation is understanding what's important (and not) to the other side - the SPL have failed to do this and sold our game short.

Rangers media is for poofs and pirates.<BR><BR>In the greatest ever Ranger thread some f**k-nut said Nacho fucking Novo - on the reasoning that in fact he is a true blue, not a ***** and as always followed Rangers due to some line he put in his book about his youth?? - Jesus wept.

Edited by rajpelt

An averge which would quickly alter without Rangers, as you are well aware.

Without Sevco, it would drop to about 100k average. 10% of premiership average.

Sky needs SPL just as much as SPL needs Sky. Cockwombles lies and threats will be exposed soon enough, Sky don't do walking away....

If these figures are true then it shows what a piss poor deal was negotiated by the wombling cock. A fifth of the EPL viewers but only gaining 2% of the revenue? This shows that Scottish football and Scottish viewers are more important to Sky than the SPL have estimated. This is a brilliant deal for Sky - they've negotiated it well. And now they've got a chance to renegotiate further due to there being no OF games.

The most important thing in a negotiation is understanding what's important (and not) to the other side - the SPL have failed to do this and sold our game short.

Agree to an extent. But Sky were the only ones at the table at the time. Main point is, Sky won't be walking away. Or if they did, someone else (BT?) would snap up the SPL as it's a bargain at current price, with or without SEVCO.

Sky are in a vulnerable state, given the hacking scandals aflicting NewsCorp, and the increasing savvy of competitors.

They are already losing customers to more flexible cable deals, they are not in the position of effective monopoly they are used to.

I can't see them bothering to re-negotiate this deal, they have much bigger problems.

From Twitter

@BBCchrismclaug: #SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Have they changed the rules it was 75% this morning 23 clubs

Rangers media is for poofs and pirates.<BR><BR>In the greatest ever Ranger thread some f**k-nut said Nacho fucking Novo - on the reasoning that in fact he is a true blue, not a ***** and as always followed Rangers due to some line he put in his book about his youth?? - Jesus wept.

How very very DARE you demean poofs and pirates!

Or it could consult the actual figures.

http://www.kilmarnoc...1~160369,00.pdf

That is a very interesting document which, for the first time i think, puts some science behind a lot of the speculating and scaremongering. Someone smarter than me will hopefully be able to pick out the juicy bits and summarise.

More average match viewers than La Liga by nearly double is a surprise.

I'd take anything Chris McLaughlin says with a Siberian mine's worth of salt.

Embarrassingly poor throughout the crisis and little more than an Ibrox conduit.

By the sounds of it Doncaster hasn't helped matters today. I was a bit concerned earlier that the SPL chairmen would buckle under the intense pressure and vote them into the SPL but now we have an assurance from Regan that that won't happen (presumably his had has been forced by a watchful UEFA / FIFA).

The battle will switch after tomorrow's formality to a scramble for SFL votes in the next 7-14 days. The 30 chairmen, like their SPL counterparts, will come under phenomenal pressure from the media but , so far, I can't see where Sevco's 16 votes are coming from.

Anything can happen, but it looks like they will be applying for a third division place crated by their own downfall, having already royally pissed off the majority of the membership on whom their election depends.

It's a Sevco facepalm, to be honest. They really would have been better to have kept their heads down and muzzled their attack-dog proxies in the media, and I guarantee that they would have been looking at a much more favourable outcome to their plight.

Give him enough rope and eventually.................

If he doesn't and a volunteer is needed to carry out the deed put my name down. It will be a humanitarian act and I would cry "That's for the diddys", as I was doing it.

Aye, 50% required for a completely unforeseen and never-to-be-repeated alteration of the rules purely for the benefit of another league. I'm fucking sure that's what the blazers have suddenly decided. This has been punted to the SFL so that when clubs are being boycotted the weasels in the top tier can claim to have been against it and beg fans not to punish them for the diddies' decision. f**k.

From Twitter

@BBCchrismclaug: #SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.

Have they changed the rules it was 75% this morning 23 clubs

Never going to happen. Surely just about all of the Div II and III clubs would be looking forward to the extra numbers of Zombie FC fans at their grounds and the added media spotlight. I think you'd be lucky to get 8 out of 30.