Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Never going to happen. Surely just about all of the Div II and III clubs would be looking forward to the extra numbers of Zombie FC fans at their grounds and the added media spotlight. I think you'd be lucky to get 8 out of 30.

Annan will apparently go for it according to one of their fans- the chairman, according to him, is a bluenose.

There are question marks over the intentions of Partick, Dumbarton, Hamilton Comicals (depsite an apparent "no" statement last week) and Cowden, because of Donald Findlay's involvment. Different opinions see them in different camps.

9 clubs (Raith, Morton, Falkirk, East Fife, Petehead, Clyde, Stenny, Alloa, Stirling, Stranraer) seem already intent on a NO. The other clubs are either consulting with the fans or pledging a vow of silence until the actual vote is formally concluded.

Even if, charitably, you count 5 clubs as accepting the proposals, that means Sevco need 11 YES votes from the 15 clubs remaining (Airdrie will abstain owing to a conflict of interest) to secure SFL1 entry. Given what seems to have been a fractious and ill-tempered meeting today of the SFL chairmen, that would seem to me to be a very tall order.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

An averge which would quickly alter without Rangers, as you are well aware.

You're right of course, but last season the games that Sky covered with neither of the OF playing still averaged 136,000 or about 10% of the EPL average; that would be about £75M annually if viewers = $$$

However you cut it Sky have got a Hell of a deal

That is a very interesting document which, for the first time i think, puts some science behind a lot of the speculating and scaremongering. Someone smarter than me will hopefully be able to pick out the juicy bits and summarise.

More average match viewers than La Liga by nearly double is a surprise.

So how do they actually come up with those viewing figures? Does it take into account folk Sky+ing it to watch later? How do you gauge how many people are in a pub watching it? Electrical surge for folk at half & full time getting the kettle on? What about gas cookers? etc,.....

Annan will be in the No camp. The Chairman said a couple of weeks back that he would want to vote in a team i.e Spartans.All friends since EOS days.

Spartans have already said that they wouldn't apply to join the SFL at the same time as Sevco. I'm not sure if other previous applicants like Cove Rangers or Edinburgh City intend to apply either.

If you think Scottish football is messed up, you should see what's happening in the USA.

ZwnTk.jpg

What the f**k is going on there? Can someone please explain?

I know the swastika was a peace symbol, but what about the rest?

So of the thirty SFL clubs, the situation is this:

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

19 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes":

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir

15 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

Needing 15 from 14 left.

They've had it!

You forgot Falkirk wink.gif

No coincidence that the non apology was made today, giving the media and those blazers in positions of influence a reference point to beat the SFL/SPL Chairmen with

Just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower lower too. This should hopefully make the SFL chairmen's decision that little more easy now.

Turnbull Hutton is spot on here. Ignoring laws and wrongdoing for personal benefit - especially financial benefit - is well within the dictionary definition of "corruption".

When he calls the clubs and organisantions pushing this attempt to save RFC "corrupt", he's not exaggerating for effect.