Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If we were to get £40m+ per season from a TV deal, they could kick off games at 2am on a Tuesday morning for all I care.

Wonder how much profit 1-2million subscribers could generate in profit?

FFS, we could introduce sensible gate prices if it was done properly.

Edited by ayrmad

They do televise every match, though, with often 5 or 6 kick-offs staggerred over a weekend... Their deal is for 240 games while ours is for 60, and I doubt fans here would favour say 1 game on Friday, 2/3 spread over Saturday, 2/3 Sunday, 1 Monday.

However, they're doing very well, yes.

Probably with our games are they compete with EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A etc.

If we moved to a summer league it's highly believable that we'd have the most desirable games for TV companies and football fans all across Europe.

Exactly, and I'm advocating a channel for Scottish football not just the SPL, if you only count the SPL how can you expect your board members to count anyone else.

SPL TV or Scottish Football TV. No difference. As a Scot who lives here and gets off his arse to go and watch his team, I wouldn't buy a dedicated package for our leagues. I would if I were unable to get to the games I want to get to.

As I said - if I were out the country, I'd buy it like a shot. I'd hope St Mirren were on, but would happily watch all the games. It's the same as the Sky NFL coverage - I keep hoping the Broncos are chosen as the week's live game but they usually aren't! I watch whoever is on though, and enjoy the game anyway.

That's why I think SPL / Scottish fitba TV is a risky thing. Not sure if we have the appeal to go it alone. I can see it being bought by ex-pats, but how many? Any time I've been abroad, there's Brits gathered in NY or Vegas pubs - but it's for Man Utd v Liverpool, not St Johnstone v Dundee Utd - or, as you suggest, teams from lower leagues.

I think our football is good. I think our teams are good, I just don't know if we have a wide enough appeal for a stand alone TV channel. I certainly have zero confidence that we have the administrators capable of organising and promoting it. Doncaster for example? I think he's capabie of going into a meeting with Sky and signing his name on a piece of paper - but beyond that, I think he's a fcuking cockwomble.

Edited by pozbaird

This is a bit of a myth, though... due to international tournaments, and the UEFA Embargo, they generate pretty few weekends which aren't up against something. We could as easily do that, by starting in July.

It says 6 on Canal+ and 2 on TV2.

Most big countries on the continent show every game... Germany, Denmark, Netherlands other examples?

It'd go down like a lead balloon here.

Canal + have a deal for the other games per week until 2016.

Yes, but TV2 have paid ~£40m for two games per week, plus highlights. Canal+ have paid almost twice that to show the other 6 matches.

SPL TV or Scottish Football TV. No difference. As a Scot who lives here and gets off his arse to go and watch his team, I wouldn't buy a dedicated package for our leagues. I would if I were unable to get to the games I want to get to.

As I said - if I were out the country, I'd buy it like a shot. I'd hope St Mirren were on, but would happily watch all the games. It's the same as the Sky NFL coverage - I keep hoping the Broncos are chosen as the week's live game but they usually aren't! I watch whoever is on though, and enjoy the game anyway.

That's why I think SPL / Scottish fitba TV is a risky thing. Not sure if we have the appeal to go it alone.

I'm pretty sure you could get 500000 sit on their arsers in the UK & Ireland alone at a tenner a month.

Sorry if it's been said before, but I hope no Chairman tomorrow agrees to anything without seeing the evidence to back up the predicted financial consequences.

Exactly. The figures are made up pish.

For the first time in a generation, the diddy clubs have actually got a say in things. I really hope they don't give in to this blackmail.

I hope FIFA kick the SFA's arse over this whole fiasco as well.

Oh, and I hope that c*unt David Longmuir get's the fucking boot as well.

Edited by lodmoorhill

The first article says this

Of course, if Green’s Sevco is refused permission to join the First Division but admitted to the third they, instead of Stranraer, will be at home against Stenhousemuir.

.. in the Ramsdens Cup? Why??

Exactly. The figures are made up pish.

For the first time in a generation, the diddy clubs have actually got a say in things. I really hope they don't give in to this blackmail.

I hope FIFA kick the SFA's arse over this whole fiasco as well.

But they have to be carefull as well, I see Uefa got bumped http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1831887.html by CAS over the Turks failure to pay transfers and had its ban lifted....(well, on 3 years probation)

Turkish club Bursaspor have been cleared to participate in the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League following a decision taken by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on 22 June 2012. The club had been suspended from European competition for one year and fined €50,000 by the UEFA Appeals Body on 30 May 2012 for overdue payables for transfer activities dating back to 2007.

On 8 June 2012, Busaspor filed an appeal with CAS. Yesterday, the CAS ruling stipulated that Bursaspor be excluded from one UEFA club competition for which it qualifies in the next four years, but that this exclusion is suspended for a probationary period of three years. The club was also fined €250,000.

Get a grip .. SKY is a private company and bid for the rights as it sees fit .. they are not a charity nor the government. Starting to sound like a welfare claimant .. FFS.

Really ? get a grip ! ....... just incase it flew over your head ! have you ever heard of consumer power ?.It's where people can pressure companies to give the customers a fair deal where they feel they are being ripped off.So we are being ripped off by SKY in favour of subsidizing the EPL which every person who buys a SKY sports package in Scotland does.If in a fair world then SKY would be coughing up around a tenth of what they pay the EPL just because it's proportionally fair.Just think what kind of competitive league we would have then.

The English may not buy a sports package to watch Scottish SPL games,but we Scots do !.You can't buy a separate SPL games package only,you subscribe to all their sports as a whole.So when your watching the EPL and thinking they have a much better league ! ask yourself why our league is so shitty ? is it because the money raised in Scotland by SKY is not proportionally shared between the two leagues ?.

So again it's not the death of Rangers that has caused Scottish football to be at the edge of ruin,it's SKY and the possibility of less TV revenue if the newco ain't in the SPL ASAP.SKY's grip on the sharing of TV money is not dissimilar to the way the OF stranglehold had on the rest of the SPL.The way I look at it is daylight robbery and think off the EPL as the OF and the SPL is the diddy league being starved of much needed cash that goes down south into their leagues when it should be spent in Scotland where it was raised.

SKY is pumping so much money into the EPL it's unbelievable,they are making sure that the EPL is the richest league in the world and we in Scotland are just another way to finance the whore and nothing else.People are so fixated on Rangers causing the problem and don't see SKY as the culprit here,if SKY maintained our level of TV revenue then the newco would be in the 3rd ASAP and no discussions about other clubs going to the wall.

Just think about this for a minute ! SKY deal stays as is ! no talk of other clubs going to the wall and the newco is dealt with as just another new member in the 3rd.SKY offers a less deal just because the newco is not in the SPL ASAP and our clubs may hit financial ruin.Why aren't our media trying to protect the SKY deal or better ? surely it's for the benefit of all our teams for the media to maintain the TV deal ?.

I'm pretty sure you could get 500000 sit on their arsers in the UK & Ireland alone at a tenner a month.

Maybees aye, maybees naw. SFTV (Scottish Fitba TV) - launches with a magazine show hosted by Jim Traynor & Hugh Keevins. Today's studio guests - Billy Dodds, Craig Burley, and Andy Goram.

500,000 you say!?

Maybees aye, maybees naw. SFTV (Scottish Fitba TV) - launches with a magazine show hosted by Jim Traynor & Hugh Keevins. Today's studio guests - Billy Dodds, Craig Burley, and Andy Goram.

500,000 you say!?

I think the draw would be that the spots aren't going to be automatically filled by any old OF fans or players, what the fcuk do any of them know about the diddies.

We're looking for balance not same old same old.