Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Why wouldn't you be interested if games are shown in a more responsible manner?

Show SPL and SFL games.

Show behind the scenes at clubs.

Show teams in action in their community.

Wee discussion programmes.

Blah blah blah

There are loads of things involving our game you could show, it doesn't have to be like it is under Sky, we can target it to our audience rather than their audience.

Sky doesn't give a shit about me or my club but a tenner a month or so to see my club mentioned and shown occasionally could be appealing.

It's all about priorities surely? Sky Sports & ESPN with HD costs £60 pcm. BT are likely going to replace ESPN on people's subscriptions when the £3 BILLION Premiership deal starts. Coughing up even more money for the Old Firm away games is not exactly appealing.

I've already cancelled my sports subs, will settle for the games shown on council telly.

at the start of the season its like that without the friday game here anyways though

Aye, for 1 week.

People moan incessentaly about the disruption/inconvenience caused by showing 1.5 games per round (edit: and alleged crowd impacts). Imagine 6 per round.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It's all about priorities surely? Sky Sports & ESPN with HD costs £60 pcm. BT are likely going to replace ESPN on people's subscriptions when the £3 BILLION Premiership deal starts. Coughing up even more money for the Old Firm away games is not exactly appealing.

I've already cancelled my sports subs, will settle for the games shown on council telly.

We wouldn't have to show every OF away game, they can take a wee home game as well as the rest.

Why wouldn't you be interested if games are shown in a more responsible manner?

Show SPL and SFL games.

Show behind the scenes at clubs.

Show teams in action in their community.

Wee discussion programmes.

Blah blah blah

There are loads of things involving our game you could show, it doesn't have to be like it is under Sky, we can target it to our audience rather than their audience.

Sky doesn't give a shit about me or my club but a tenner a month or so to see my club mentioned and shown occasionally could be appealing.

I'm not interested because I actually go to SPL games. I suspect I am no different to many fans - I wake up on the morning of a home game, and I'm already thinking about the game. Then when it's time to get ready, I go through the 'car keys, money, ticket, scarf, hat - check' routine. I look forward to meeting my mates, allowing myself a half-pint cos' I'm driving, and I look forward to this if it's St Mirren v Aberdeen, St Mirren v Killie, or St Mirren v Club 12.

If, let's say, St Johnstone v Dundee Utd is on Sky - I might tune in, but I'm unlikely to do so. If SPL football was a stand-alone pay for it at a monthly cost channel - I wouldn't want it. I am interested in the other clubs, but not enough to buy 'SPL TV'. Again, just my personal decision. If I had emigrated to Canada, Australia, or Eng-er-land... I would be 100% definitely absolutely, stick-on certain to buy any SPL TV package.

They do televise every match, though, with often 5 or 6 kick-offs staggerred over a weekend... Their deal is for 240 games while ours is for 60, and I doubt fans here would favour say 1 game on Friday, 2/3 spread over Saturday, 2/3 Sunday, 1 Monday.

However, they're doing very well, yes.

That article says 2 games per week plus highlights

Aye, for 1 week.

People moan incessentaly about the disruption/inconvenience caused by showing 1.5 games per round (edit: and alleged crowd impacts). Imagine 6 per round.

Surely that would be less :unsure:

Not advoctaing for it, but if they were all to be shown then they could be drawn up at start of the season and nothing would need to be moved bar postponements etc.

I'm not interested because I actually go to SPL games. I suspect I am no different to many fans - I wake up on the morning of a home game, and I'm already thinking about the game. Then when it's time to get ready, I go through the 'car keys, money, ticket, scarf, hat - check' routine. I look forward to meeting my mates, allowing myself a half-pint cos' I'm driving, and I look forward to this if it's St Mirren v Aberdeen, St Mirren v Killie, or St Mirren v Club 12.

If, let's say, St Johnstone v Dundee Utd is on Sky - I might tune in, but I'm unlikely to do so. If SPL football was a stand-alone pay for it at a monthly cost channel - I wouldn't want it. I am interested in the other clubs, but not enough to buy 'SPL TV'. Again, just my personal decision. If I had emigrated to Canada, Australia, or Eng-er-land... I would be 100% definitely absolutely, stick-on certain to buy any SPL TV package.

Exactly, and I'm advocating a channel for Scottish football not just the SPL, if you only count the SPL how can you expect your board members to count anyone else.

Aye, for 1 week.

yeah but it shows it can fit in fine

in this country we complain about other countries getting better TV deals, but they accommodate them whereas we want to show 1 or 2 games on a Sunday and be paid as handsomely

Let's imagine for a minute that Jim Traynor is correct and as a result of SFL clubs doing the right thing Scottish football dies. Any ideas what jobs he could do for a living? I think he could end up being a taxi driver, one of those ones who has a wrong opinion about everything.

Nah, No8 fills that particular position a lot better than Traynor ever could.

if we are talking about tv deals the best way for all partys would be to go would be down a pay per game route imo

anyways

enough of all these tarrier distractions

whats 5088 gonnae dae withoot thonn audi's

Have lost track of discussions a wee bit on here but SFL TV is a go-er for me as long as it involves all leagues.

I may be wrong here - didn't SFL give the highlights to STV in the past for Div 1 free of charge and it was still dropped due to lack of interest?

By the way. Is it possible that newco may not even get into the third division?

Seems to be that not a lot of people are covering this scenario...

Yes it is possible but ra people won't acknowledge that, in the same way they couldn't see administration............in the same way they couldn't see liquidation.

Cam anyone clear up what the SFL vote actually is,

Is it just for New Club to be placed up in the 1st or registered in the 3rd as well?

Albion Rovers will vote for 1st - it keeps Airdrie in the same division and they expect to miss the 'huge games' in two years by getting relegated.

Also a summer league. English football is still more popular in Norway but they wont have any real competition during the summer (aside from the Euros/World Cup)

This is a bit of a myth, though... due to international tournaments, and the UEFA Embargo, they generate pretty few weekends which aren't up against something. We could as easily do that, by starting in July.

That article says 2 games per week plus highlights

It says 6 on Canal+ and 2 on TV2.

Most big countries on the continent show every game... Germany, Denmark, Netherlands other examples?

It'd go down like a lead balloon here.

Traynor, King, Broadfoot etc etc have apparently offered their services as nominated drivers, Legg(less)o tried to offer his

can just see leggo giving elbows a backy on his unicycle

Yes it is possible but ra people won't acknowledge that, in the same way they couldn't see administration............in the same way they couldn't see liquidation.

Cam anyone clear up what the SFL vote actually is,

Is it just for New Club to be placed up in the 1st or registered in the 3rd as well?

Albion Rovers will vote for 1st - it keeps Airdrie in the same division and they expect to miss the 'huge games' in two years by getting relegated.

The meeting tomorrow is to "discuss" the proposals put forward last week,in order to gauge the feeling amongst the clubs , they are saying there will be no vote,but we will wait and see,IMO, you would think with the amount of emails/letters received,they know what the mood is ,especially after Longmuir produced a statement thanking every one for the correspondence he has received since the proposals were "leaked"