Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thats true, but the article states that there are 20 clubs ready to go to the wall if they lose the £60k they currently get. That, quite plainly, is nonsense. Its, roughly, the equivalent of one, maybe two, players salaries. Every single club in the country could run with one less player in the squad, if they had to.

£60k = one or two players salaries. For a div 2/3 club? Really? Even if it's 2, I can't imagine we have many on £600 a week.

Guest Pampered Adolescent

BTW, sorry if this post reads too much like a Standard Grade Media Studies essay. Rather like most of the Record's output, I knocked this together at the end of my lunch hour.

I personally thought that Traynor knocked one out at the end of his lunch hour :lol: ......hopefully one of his last.....:guinness

Anyway, where is Chico at the moment?

Cheers

PA

£60k = one or two players salaries. For a div 2/3 club? Really? Even if it's 2, I can't imagine we have many on £600 a week.

Probably not, but remember you have add bonuses, expenses, NI contributions and any other variable costs too.

I know the article doesnt say it, but I was also presuming that the payments werent equal across all divisions. £60k is the average across all 30 teams, but I would imagine Div 1 teams get the most, with Div 2 then getting more than Div 3.

Edited by Mr X

I personally thought that Traynor knocked one out at the end of his lunch hour :lol: ......hopefully one of his last.....:guinness

Cheers

PA

Chick is still wandering around central station in the aftermath of his 15 hour train journey hoping someone will recognize him and ask for a soundbite of some sort!

Safer bet than the integrity and mass support of all the diddy grounds pulling "us" through. What's tragic is that you lot seriously believe that you can go it alone

Not as tragic as actually believing Celtic are so wanted that they will end up in an English league. More chance of Rangers coming back from the dead :lol:

Probably not, but remember you have add bonuses, expenses, NI contributions and any other variable costs too.

I know the article doesnt say it, but I was also presuming that the payments werent equal across all divisions. £60k is the average across all 30 teams, but I would imagine Div 1 teams get the most, with Div 2 then getting more than Div 3.

I feel I may have to report you. That answer is too logical and sensible in the present climate. Please add some hysteria to any future answers.

To show Traynor's depth and grasp of all things non-OF, he once devoted almost an entire 'Your Call' to a Barry Ferguson injury scare.

On another point, I've been disappointed that Dundee have not condemned the Newco into Div 1 scenario, but suppose we're not in a position to condemn anything, with our recent history. Even fired off an e-mail to our CEO. Still hope he votes the right way behind closed doors!

Meeting being arranged with #RFC & Donald Findlay QC (my advisor). Dont buy season books till Donald gives his report. Pls RT#VeryImportant

The latest from 'bomber'

I'm disappointed he doesn't type/text the way he speaks.

No chance he wrote that. It's after 12, he'll be pished

No I'm a Celtic fan but in the long term, yes. As it will be for you if you like your club or care anything for Scottish club football or are you joining the bile gobbelers on here

<_<

yes. It would be much better to follow a club in a league system fixed for short term financial security.

Scottish football's ills will all be cured by gerrymandering the exact same system dependent on the exact same two clubs, that has led us into the mess in the first place.

Sure, no one is claiming it will be easy and that there will be no casualties amongst the clubs. But the "20 clubs will go to the wall" claim, from big Jimbo, is truly laughable. In the medium to long term, demoting Rangers to SFL3- just the same as has happened to other clubs in this position- is not only the only way for the Scottish game to maintain some degree of self-respect, but also to have the possibility of growing, strengthening and diversifying in the future.

The last named sentence aint happening with the two arse cheeks keeping the game under the same stranglehold that has been evident since 1986, and most noticeably since the grotesque SPL was shat into existence in 1998.

Oh ye gods. I've not been on since Saturday, and I've got a busy day....I've summarised for people before, could somebody please sum up the last 24 hours or so please? Any good articles or particular posts worth reading? Any real news? Thanks!

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Sitting in my local and a newco top wearing goon has just been chucked out for not covering his top. The scumbag was effing and blinding in front of his wee girl.....nice.

Technically the orc is probably in the right. Most boozers have a policy on 'football colours'. Can't see any relationship between Newo and football as things stand today: P 0 W 0 D 0 L 0 F 0 A 0 GD 0 :lol:

Right, off tae the pub now.....:guinness

Cheers

PA

Neil Lennon is a tosser.

OK it's slightly off topic but it has to be said.

I'll probably get it in the neck for this, but here goes.

Yes, I agree Neil Lennon is a tosser.

But only as a manager.

He is too hotheaded to be a top flight manager.

He showed his credentials when rose to the bait that Mcoist threw at him (Shameful).

He had no managerial experience to be able to take over a club that was playing in Europe.

He showed as much tactical awareness as General Custer at the Little Big Horn.

He won the SPL with a poor team when there was one of the poorest sets of opposition available.

Hopefully the new SPL (without them) will be more challenging.

Cup competitions are not his strong point.

Should instil in his players that every game is a cup final no matter who you play.

The only thing I feel sorry about is the shit he has had to put up with off the field (or on - at Hearts).

Nobody should have to put up with that nowadays.

But this does not make me change my mind about his managerial skills.

I thought he was a bad appointment, and still do.

Despite taking a shower 15 minutes ago, I still feel grubby and soiled from having posted up that Traytor article earlier this morning. So here to redress the balance is an excellent blog piece lambarding the lardarse:

http://wingsland.pod...g-far-and-wide/

One of the finest things I have ever read on the Internet.

Fucking sensational. happy-smiley-8769.gif

Cheers

PA

He's off giving DNA samples today following the unearthing of what is believed to be a Pictish sports journalist skeleton from 700AD. Seems nothing has changed since then..............................

Democratheadupass.jpg