Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm a bit confused on something and hope someone can help me out:

Apart from the vote from the SPL clubs on whether to admit the Newco to the SPL, would the SPL clubs not have another vote on whether to accept the reconstruction that would go along with this Newco in Division 1 mechanism?

Or have the SPL chairmen already decided to accept any such reconstruction, pushing the vote on the SFL chairmen, and allowing the SPL to say they will breakaway and form SPL2 etc. (which I assume would have the SPL chairmen's backing as well)?

You're spot on with that. However I think it would be difficult for those SPL chairmen who have pinned their colours to the mast to now vote for league promotion/relegation changes.

Stewart Milne has already made his position clear and could note vote for SPL reconstruction without looking ridiculous. Steven Thomson at United said, when he announced his intention to vote No to newco, that he would not go against the fans' wishes; well they're pretty clear. Can't see Vlad agreeing to this change.

All that said, as an Arab I will be happier when I see Steven Thomson making a clear, public statement of his intent.

Edited by Granny Danger

It was always going to be down to the SFL clubs after the SPL charimen came out and said NO to Sevco.

They need to stand strong and stay together here.

If old Willy Wonka is correct in saying 2 non-league clubs are applying to get into the 3rd Division then we have a chance to kill Sevco for good.

Has Green even applied for the 3rd Division yet?

I wouldn't take these proposals 100% seriously yet, they are being leaked to through the media to test the supporters reactions.There isn't enough time to reconstruct the whole set up. Unless they have been planning it since Rangers went into Admin, which i doubt.

The clock is ticking. I have until June 30th to renew my season ticket to catch the early bird price. It's not going to happen. I can't be true to myself if I renew in the current situation I find myself in.

I don't ask for much. 45 years of winning nothing may seem like self-inflicted torture but I still have the same level of commitment to my club that I had in 1967 when I first attended a match at Somerset Park. During this time I have been enthralled by some of the great matches, the skill, the endeavour, the outrageous incidents, the humour, the banter, the passion, the joy and the sadness.

However, it's now 2012 and the one thing that I could add to that list is to be torn from my grasp. Despite the empty trophy cabinet, one thing that I've always had is.............hope. But the football authorities have decided that I am no longer entitled to hope. It's to be confiscated.

With the release of the new proposals for Scottish football, SFL teams have been handed an ultimatum. They have been told to ratify the inclusion of Sevco in the first division. They have been told to sanction rule-breaking. They have been told to reward cheating, theft, bigotry, arrogance and bullying. I use the word 'told' to emphasise my point.

The SFL clubs have not been given a choice in the matter. They must agree to the new proposals..............or else !

There has been a direct threat to clubs who vote against Sevco's inclusion in the first division. If my club participate in blocking this proposal, SPL 2 will apparently be created and my club will be consigned to the wilderness and the flame inside me, that I described as hope, will have been extinguished. The truth is, Ayr United could go another 45 years without winning anything of note but I would still have been there, supporting my team, with my mates, my voice, my money and, of course, my hope.

That's to be taken away from me now though. The powers-that-be in scottish football have colluded to present a new beginning for football in this country. They are not concerned about the views of the paying public, they don't care if the fans are against their new plans and they don't mind that every right-thinking football supporter is appalled by the reward being given to the biggest cheats in scottish football history.

So, what did I do wrong ? What offence did my team commit ? How could me, or my club, have avoided this catastrophe ?

Everyone connected with Rangers was complicit in their wrongdoing. The Board, the management, the players, the staff and the supporters. They are all guilty by association. Nevertheless, it is the supporters of every other team who will be sentenced in the next few days. That's justice................scottish football style.

For years we've been calling for league reconstruction and now it's being thrust upon us. It looks nothing like what we have been asking for but the clever people have decided what we, the fools, will get. We will be given what's best for Sevco because that, sadly, is the immediate priority for scottish football. Everything else and everyone else is secondary.

It's with a heavy heart that, should these proposals come to fruition, I'll be turning my back on scottish football. I will no longer stand at the Somerset Road end of the ground, shouting on my team, urging them to produce their best and win the match.

These corrupt individuals will have taken from me something that I can't afford to lose......................hope.

Excellent post........well said sir.

Yes he does. He has Tom Hobbs (82) from East Kilbride http://www.thescotti...p-up-money.html

So where does Tom's money go? Is there a Bomber account somewhere? Another fighting fund?

Has Bomber been Disclosure Checked yet so he go into the homes of vulnerable adults asking for money?

That is genuinely frightening!

Bomber has NO financial nous whatsoever, no backers from what i can see and is happily taking cash from an 82 year old?

Greens already said he isnt for selling or walking away, so whats going to happen to that coffin dodgers cash?

ive got to wonder if brown was selling double glazing or something and just so happened to see that this guy had a scarf round his oxygen tank or something?

Don't count any income from settlement and prize money, project your income, set your playing budget, pay your bills, make sure income - budget - bills >= £0, SIMPLES.

Of course, I was simply noting that this "we get nothing from SPL" point is a myth. However - and this applies to SPL as well as SFL - it's fully understandable, especially in these tough economic times, the clubs are going to be very reluctant to [1] lose big money and [2] lose it at short notice, unless they really have to (which now they do).

Rangers men such as King,McColl and Park ...............

The latter part of your post was sensible and considered as ever but what the frig are "Rangers men"? Proddies with an apron who know the funny handshake? Men who know how to rip the public out of £94million?

Your support seems to scare away any investor as you'll find their address then send a parcel bomb if dischuffed of what school they went to.

Teach us why you are just normal fans.

Is today not the deadline for the Newco application for league membership?

Nope. In typically bewildering Scottish football fashion, the SFA have asked Sevco to lodge supporting documentation in respect of the transfer of OldCo's SFA membership by today. They will not formally consider the application until Sevco have found themselves a league to play in. So, we wait, until July 4 to see whether they're in the SPL, and then, ...

Edited by The Old Northerner

People keep saying SFL clubs get nothing from SPL (and in turn value generated in SPL by OF) but this is not correct... Annual Settlement and League Cup prizemonies inject millions into SFL every season. This is just reality.

And before anyone starts, it's possible to note this without it being any advocation of making a special case for them.

The implication of the document, though, is that this is at risk, without actually explaining how. Its not like the SPL can simply stop paying because they take the huff if Rangers 3.0 arent allowed in the 1st division.

So the SPL are proposing to introduce a pyramid system at the bottom end involving Highland, Lowland and Junior clubs while effectively cutting off the pyramid at the top end that would allow SFL clubs into SPL2 then SPL1?

No, its either or. Either you agree to restructure, including a pyramid at the bottom, or we form SPL2 and cut you all off.

Just a thought.

Given the vigour with which HMRC seem determined to investigate the actions of all of the players, in the saga, (Directors, Administrators etc) with a view to recovering as much revenue as possible, I'm wondering how easily the officials at the SFA & SPL are sleeping in their beds?

Why?

Well, if they had met their responsibility to, effectively, monitor the actions/accounts of RFC, in the years prior to the sale to White and then conducted their "fit and proper persons" test efficiently then, maybe, the whole fiasco could have been avoided.

Does this make the bodies & their officials liable, in law, I haven't a clue but I feel that it could be quite likely!

Negligence, normally, does!

As I said, just a thought!!

I have a feeling you're talking rubbish.

I have been giving this some thought as you can probably imagine. The drip drip drip affect of negative news has taken its toll on the support as has the infighting. It is time to put an end to it all...That time is in fact long over due.

If John Brown has a consortium there...Make Green an offer. If it is rejected move aside and shut the f**k up!! As far as i can see only Non Rangers people have been able to put a deal together. OK they will in all probability leave after making a tidy profit but as long as the Club (not the oldco) are there at the end i have no problem with that.

Rangers men such as King,McColl and Park had years to put together a deal when SDM was selling. They didn't want to know. They could easily have come up with a better offer than Whyte..They didn't want to know..Now the Oldco are dead..gone..they are all of a sudden concerned. Piss Off!! You had your chance and you sat on your hands while we watched the prolonged and agonising death of our club.

That I think is a pretty damning indication of the state of the club and how inevitable this end game was. Guys, with far more cash than Whyte, Green or Murray, who were proper Rangers fans would touch the club. To me, that says they didnt want to be the ones holding the bomb when it finally went off.

Now we have been rejected from the SPL Rangers have to do the honourable thing (for once) and apply to the SFL 3. It will help to build bridges with some of the clubs who feel cheated by what has gone on in the past. It is time to draw a line under it and start again.

I think its also worth pointing out that this latest development isnt anything, directly, to do with Rangers. The blame for this charade lies firmly at the feet of the SPL and SFL. For once, someone connected with Rangers has actually been very reserved in their comments. Going by previous rants, you would of half expected Green to come out this morning and proclaim doom and gloom for the football accross the planet if the SFL didnt vote for the proposals.

Nope. In typically bewildering Scottish football fashion, the SFA have asked Sevco to lodge supporting documentation in respect of the transfer of OldCo's SFA membership by today. They will not formally consider the application until Sevco have found themselves a league to play in. So, we wait, until July 4 to see whether they're in the SPL, and then, ...

WOW! I thought I was confused before :o

The latter part of your post was sensible and considered as ever but what the frig are "Rangers men"? Proddies with an apron who know the funny handshake? Men who know how to rip the public out of £94million?

Your support seems to scare away any investor as you'll find their address then send a parcel bomb if dischuffed of what school they went to.

Teach us why you are just normal fans.

also, interestingly, its "rangers men" - david murray, craig whyte who had the club round its ankles, and other notable "rangers men" walter smith, bomber brown who are continuing to bring the club into a murky civil war whilst a "non rangers man" who was the only one to take the risk/punt and who outlines where the rangers men of past have gone wrong and is willing to dig in for a long battle to repair it gets the wrath of the support.

you really cant make it up!

You're spot on with that. However I think it would be difficult for those SPL chairmen who have pinned their colours to the mast to now vote for league promotion/relegation changes.

Stewart Milne has already made his position clear and could note vote for SPL reconstruction without looking ridiculous. Steven Thomson at United said, when he announced his intention to vote No to newco, that he would not go against the fans' wishes; well they're pretty clear. Can't see Vlad agreeing to this change.

All that said, as an Arab I will be happier when I see Steven Thomson making a clear, public statement of his intent.

We need clear statements from every SPL club about who proposed this bag of s***e (Looking at you Messrs. Doncater / Lawell / Johnston...) and who voted it through. Each club needs to answer to its fans! :angry:

I wouldn't take these proposals 100% seriously yet, they are being leaked to through the media to test the supporters reactions.There isn't enough time to reconstruct the whole set up. Unless they have been planning it since Rangers went into Admin, which i doubt.

I don't think that's a factor. This compromise plan involves no changes in league size, a merger in 12 months, and the introduction of a play-off alongside some more ££ to SFL from SPL (buying TV rights for £1M... increasing value of parachute payments... altering the financial distribution model). If there was a will then those could all be voted through in rapid order.

If there isn't the will then clearly it won't happen, but the proposals as formulated would be appear to be achieveable in a matter of days/weeks with sufficient support.

Had they been proposing immediate merger, altered division sizes, etc., then it'd be far more difficult time-wise.

Is today not the deadline for the Newco application for league membership?

No - for H&D to give the SFA details of why Green is a trustworthy bloke :blink: Green to submit details to SFA of the membership application including business plan, etc.