Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm a bit confused on something and hope someone can help me out:

Apart from the vote from the SPL clubs on whether to admit the Newco to the SPL, would the SPL clubs not have another vote on whether to accept the reconstruction that would go along with this Newco in Division 1 mechanism?

Or have the SPL chairmen already decided to accept any such reconstruction, pushing the vote on the SFL chairmen, and allowing the SPL to say they will breakaway and form SPL2 etc. (which I assume would have the SPL chairmen's backing as well)?

People keep saying SFL clubs get nothing from SPL (and in turn value generated in SPL by OF) but this is not correct... Annual Settlement and League Cup prizemonies inject millions into SFL every season. This is just reality.

And before anyone starts, it's possible to note this without it being any advocation of making a special case for them.

Don't count any income from settlement and prize money, project your income, set your playing budget, pay your bills, make sure income - budget - bills >= £0, SIMPLES.

Also, if the majority of SFL clubs, and i do hope it is the majority, object to Rangers going anywhere but the 4th division then what kind of set up would "SPL2" have?

About 6 clubs in it?

Why does scottish football have to accomodate a club that doesnt even have a name just now and is involved in the most vicious of infighting?

Why cant the leagues change FOR THE BENEFIT OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL

also - of note, i see that they are saying the game will not survive if Rangers dont continue.

That is absolute horseshit.

The new Rangers will not have half the support they used to have after a season of mixed results on the park, IF they even get on the park next year.

They are doing a bloody good job of ensuring that they never re-emerge from what I can see.

ALSO - HAS CHAZ GREEN PUT HIS DOCUMENTS INTO SFL YET (DEADLINE DAY TODAY REMEMBER) OR IS THIS ANOTHER "FINAL FINAL DEADLINE" SCENARIO HAPPENING?

I agree. My assumption wasn't that the Rovers simply voted no... it was that they voted no and were dumped in the new backwater SFL with no access to SPL1 or 2. Essentially Junior football.

From what i read on here 95%+ of the diddies agree!

So the SPL are proposing to introduce a pyramid system at the bottom end involving Highland, Lowland and Junior clubs while effectively cutting off the pyramid at the top end that would allow SFL clubs into SPL2 then SPL1?

It certainly has that air of stitch up about it, but HIbs are (in)famous for the blandness of their announcements and this could just be referring to the fact that, should the SPL reject the zombies, the SPL has no further say and it is down to the SFA and SFL.

These announcements, like the line you highlighted, seem to me typical of leaving too much open to question instead of just playing it straight.

In an earlier post, I quesioned the acuracy of the BBC line regarding Petrie meeting Green. Petrie is well aware of the views of HIbs fans regarding the zombies, so I would be very surprised if he was supporting any SFL1 option or any of the SPL2 guff.

I was really proud when Petrie spoke up way back when about integrity and had no doubt the club would vote against alowing zombies in the spl.

However, we really need Petrie to make a clear, unambiguous statement on this, otherwise his position at the club really will be untenable.

SPL clubs need to show more respect and good manners to the SFL, and their own fans. If they think their fans won't notice or care about such a stitch-up then they are truly mistaken.

Petrie is supporting the line that Rangers are not allowed in the SPL next season by voting no.

As Hibs Chairman that's where his remit begins and ends and that is where he was coming from when talking about Sporting integrity.

Petrie met Green because he has a position with the SFA and was duty bound to inform him what was being proposed. That the SPL as a body is giving tacit encouragement for this Division 1 soft landing should come as no surprise but if the SFL clubs tempted by financial sweeteners back it then there really is not much we can do. That's that and it will be time to move on.

The clock is ticking. I have until June 30th to renew my season ticket to catch the early bird price. It's not going to happen. I can't be true to myself if I renew in the current situation I find myself in

These corrupt individuals will have taken from me something that I can't afford to lose......................hope.

Well said that man

I'm a bit confused on something and hope someone can help me out:

Apart from the vote from the SPL clubs on whether to admit the Newco to the SPL, would the SPL clubs not have another vote on whether to accept the reconstruction that would go along with this Newco in Division 1 mechanism?

Or have the SPL chairmen already decided to accept any such reconstruction, pushing the vote on the SFL chairmen, and allowing the SPL to say they will breakaway and form SPL2 etc. (which I assume would have the SPL chairmen's backing as well)?

Looks like the gungs being held to their heads, accept rangers in first division or we will bite off our nose to spite our face and not reconstruct the way that almost everyone agrees is best for the future of football in scotland.

Also, i would like to see the SFL have balls and stand upto SPL and if they try to make an SPL2 then SFL clubs dont agree to join it.

The solution is so simple. New Rangers into 4th Division (if they can even get a team and business sorted in a 4 week period!?), reconstruction of leagues.

Sorted.

I missed this. Any links?

He's referring to Mcoist insisting the three man panel who drew up original sanctions should be named, when it transpired he already knew who they were. Of course one was our director Eric Drysdale, we then had to call in overnight security after firebomb threats on Starks Park, we also all got checked going into Queen of South game incase we had Rangers tops on and were there to cause trouble.

f**k them. Let them die!

Just a thought.

Given the vigour with which HMRC seem determined to investigate the actions of all of the players, in the saga, (Directors, Administrators etc) with a view to recovering as much revenue as possible, I'm wondering how easily the officials at the SFA & SPL are sleeping in their beds?

Why?

Well, if they had met their responsibility to, effectively, monitor the actions/accounts of RFC, in the years prior to the sale to White and then conducted their "fit and proper persons" test efficiently then, maybe, the whole fiasco could have been avoided.

Does this make the bodies & their officials liable, in law, I haven't a clue but I feel that it could be quite likely!

Negligence, normally, does!

As I said, just a thought!!

Edited by Laeotaekhun

Bomber Brown being a dribbling madman again,

He's like some drunk battering on about inconsequential things such as owning the title deeds.

I GENUINELY dont think he has any investors now whatsoever as he keeps going on about fan investment now since his two other investors were linked to Celtic.

the daily rager going on about season ticket money "going to Sevco"

well new rangers dont have a name yet, who else is the season ticket cash going to go to?

the mind boggles

Yes he does. He has Tom Hobbs (82) from East Kilbride http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4400806/Tom-first-to-stump-up-money.html

So where does Tom's money go? Is there a Bomber account somewhere? Another fighting fund?

Has Bomber been Disclosure Checked yet so he go into the homes of vulnerable adults asking for money?

Diddy fans in the West tell their self serving bully boy chairman to do one and come along to cappielow to support integrity f.c in the bucket and spade seaside league after the are booted out of the new league for breaking rule 1. All teams must lube up when telt.

East coast diddy fans can replace Morton with Raith.

However, it's now 2012 and the one thing that I could add to that list is to be torn from my grasp. Despite the empty trophy cabinet, one thing that I've always had is.............hope. But the football authorities have decided that I am no longer entitled to hope. It's to be confiscated.

These corrupt individuals will have taken from me something that I can't afford to lose......................hope.

And, cutting through the red tape and the financial stuff (which is obviously important), this is the core message.

I have been giving this some thought as you can probably imagine. The drip drip drip affect of negative news has taken its toll on the support as has the infighting. It is time to put an end to it all...That time is in fact long over due.

If John Brown has a consortium there...Make Green an offer. If it is rejected move aside and shut the f**k up!! As far as i can see only Non Rangers people have been able to put a deal together. OK they will in all probability leave after making a tidy profit but as long as the Club (not the oldco) are there at the end i have no problem with that.

Rangers men such as King,McColl and Park had years to put together a deal when SDM was selling. They didn't want to know. They could easily have come up with a better offer than Whyte..They didn't want to know..Now the Oldco are dead..gone..they are all of a sudden concerned. Piss Off!! You had your chance and you sat on your hands while we watched the prolonged and agonising death of our club.

Now we have been rejected from the SPL Rangers have to do the honourable thing (for once) and apply to the SFL 3. It will help to build bridges with some of the clubs who feel cheated by what has gone on in the past. It is time to draw a line under it and start again.

I believe this is a unique opportunity to re-shape Scottish Football from the bottom to the very top. The added revenue The Rangers will generate as they move up through the divisions has got to be good for the long term future of the lower league clubs. The Rangers will have seen to be punished severly and hopefully it will be a tough lesson learned for all.

If a few over spending SPL clubs get into financial trouble...Sorry but i have very little sympathy for them as things stand and they have nobody to blame but themself

Also, i would like to see the SFL have balls and stand upto SPL and if they try to make an SPL2 then SFL clubs dont agree to join it.

If it does go ahead (and i hope to god they do stand up and be counted),

this could eventually go the way of the darts when they split into two seperate entitysohmy.gif

Leading to in fighting and uncertainty for years mad.gif

So the SPL are proposing to introduce a pyramid system at the bottom end involving Highland, Lowland and Junior clubs while effectively cutting off the pyramid at the top end that would allow SFL clubs into SPL2 then SPL1?

The only people I have ever heard talking about Lowland Scotland or Lowland Scots are Historians or English people.

Makes me wonder where the term came from in the suggested reorganisation plans? :rolleyes:

He's referring to Mcoist insisting the three man panel who drew up original sanctions should be named, when it transpired he already knew who they were. Of course one was our director Eric Drysdale, we then had to call in overnight security after firebomb threats on Starks Park, we also all got checked going into Queen of South game incase we had Rangers tops on and were there to cause trouble.

f**k them. Let them die!

Super Ally has his application in for the vacant post of manager @ Raith - you heard it here first

If we were in the Middle East we would be rioting just now, storming the offices of the SPL in an attempted diddy football coup to overthrow the evil dictators of our game and set up our own governing body. Cockwomble would be burned at the stake.

Can we not just do that?