Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I loved the fact that he didn't even get the usual red box with his name at the bottom of the screen which all other BBC staff or important people get. BBC obviously thought he was just a random nobody rather than a BBC member of staff.

That's because he isn't, he's freelance who the BBC (for some unknown reason) choose to pay him money for his services.

I'm also a bit baffled by the comment on the the BBC website which says

A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014-15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'

Lowland league? How on Earth is that going to work with 12 sides in the EoS Premier alone and another 13 in the SoS? Are they just going to tell Civil Service Strollers, Wigtown & Bladnoch etc "sorry we're taking all your 'big' games away from you but Rangers needed saved. It's a shit sandwich"? Have the EoS, SoS (and juniors even though they're not senior) even been consulted on this yet? huh.gif Seems to me that the completely separate body that is the SPL are just as bad as the OF by thinking that they are Scottish football. They can get tae f***.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Having read your posts I think we're probably on the same side, but for the life of me I can't understand what your saying here. Care to rephrase it?

I deleted the original post Grandma (just at same time you were quoting me) as realised we were still on the same page and saying things from different sides of the SPL twots/SFL twots divide

I took it back when reread.

Aye sorry - I'm not a big Pro Wrestling fan, just knew it when free and not as many multi-channels to avoid it just like I will do if Sky ever dare play Sevco FC vs Dumbarton (no disrepect fans).

If only there was Topless Darts to watch instead! Remember that?

washed doon wi a wee bit eurotrtash lol

I read in tomorrow's chip wrappers that the SFL clubs are due to meet on Tuesday, a day before the SPL meeting that will decide whether or not to let newco back in. I think they have the timing back to front and should wait until after the SPL vote before convening a meeting. The SPL have offered the shitty end of the stick. This would be giving it back to them with a degree of panache.

I have stood at Somerset for more than fifty years (although I do go home occasionally!) and I have seen bad times (applying for re-election in 1965) and good times (gaun yersel Ally). During that time I have seen fans drift away on flimsy pretexts such as - "Ah stoapped gaun when they pit up the price o the pies". Throughout it I have maintained my resolve through more thin than thick, maintaining that it would take something mega mega mega to tip me over the edge. Right now I am right on the edge. If this blackmail is allowed to succeed then it'll be Troon Juniors or the Medda for me. Sorry to be selfish and personalise this but I think's it's fair to say that my devotion/obstinacy towards Ayr United is mirrored at clubs throughout Scotland. I know that Falkirk, Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and Livingston have had problems but, as far as I am aware, none of these clubs have had the polis chappin' at their door. Even if this blackmail threat blows away it will definitely never be forgotten.

A great quote from a fellow Ayr fan. I have been going to Somerset since 1989 and have seen the highs (2002 cup final loss/win) the dismal Stainrod years and all the others in between but I have never seen this type of blackmailing gerrymandering ever before. Every supporter of every club should empithise with the above statements. Each and every one of us will have similar stories to tell. This is why this cannot be allowed to succeed. Email everyone you can think of, even if this is not genuine, and I have no reason to think that is is not, the fans must decide what happens.

As one of my pals has eloquently put it, Petrie (after his complicity in briefing Charles Green) takes a big dog turd and throws it over the fence into the SFL's garden.

relegate rangers for SPORTING INTEGRITY

then pray their blackmail of SFL means they will take them into SFL1

do they think we are mugs?

purchase of saints season ticket and booking of travel to european games awaits the outcome of this p1sh

Fat sally has legged it oop north for some fishing on an estate near by...might take a visit to the hotels in scourie and kylesku to see if lamb of the succulent variety is on the menu...

I'm also a bit baffled by the comment on the the BBC website which says

[/font][/size]

Lowland league? How on Earth is that going to work with 12 sides in the EoS Premier alone and another 13 in the SoS? Are they just going to tell Civil Service Strollers, Wigtown & Bladnoch etc "sorry we're taking all your 'big' games away from you but Rangers needed saved. It's a shit sandwich"? Have the EoS, SoS (and juniors even though they're not senior) even been consulted on this yet? huh.gif Seems to me that the completely separate body that is the SPL are just as bad as the OF by thinking that they are Scottish football. They can get tae f***.

Pretty sure the SHFL sides were, at best, unenthusiastic about this kind of change last time they were asked.

Fat sally has legged it oop north for some fishing on an estate near by...might take a visit to the hotels in scourie and kylesku to see if lamb of the succulent variety is on the menu...

Free B&B at Whyte's castle do you think?!

I feel the same - BUT on point 2 even if East fife get a vote and voted against Sevco FC parachute yet it still happens, I'd unfortunately decline to pay to attend Bayview - not worth it, what's the point anymore?

You might as well pay per view and watch crapola WWF - it's as fake as that when fixed.

I agree. My assumption wasn't that the Rovers simply voted no... it was that they voted no and were dumped in the new backwater SFL with no access to SPL1 or 2. Essentially Junior football.

From what i read on here 95%+ of the diddies agree!

Have the EoS, SoS (and juniors even though they're not senior) even been consulted on this yet?

Just over a year ago, an outline of a pyramid system was sent to all non-league clubs in Scotland. It was almost immediately rejected in its initial form by the Highland League (who are probably best placed to organise themselves into a feeder). Very little further comment has, AFAIA, reached the clubs since. As far as the Juniors are concerned, the passing comments at AGM from the Management Committee suggest that they (as the Junior representatives) are not particularly interested. It would take the clubs themselves to alter that attitude.

I most certainly doubt that the non-Leaguers have been consulted (or even informed of events) during this particular shitstorm

Edited by The Old Northerner

He's been up there since the start of the week according to my Durness spies. One over par on the last hole at the golf club.

Edited by Hedgecutter