Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

Cockwomble's face (and fucking bad haircut) is enough to raise my hackles.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108463-in-full-document-sent-to-sfl-clubs-to-put-rangers-into-the-first-division/

If he was responsible for drafting up this proposal, he should be forced to resign. It would be good if those directly responsible for approving this blackmail were also forced to resign.

In true, Ally McCoist fashion - "Who are these people!111!!"

The current SPL Board is made up of Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC), Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC).

The SPL Board has the likes of the Dundee United and St Johnstone Chairmen on it. I thought their clubs were big on sporting integrity? Hmmm.

Edited by Scary Bear

All along, a large contingent of our support has been against Sevco being admitted to the SPL, but because of the unique situation we are in with this being our first ever shot at the top tier, no fans were threatening to walk away over it. That said however, this new blackmailing attempt of the SFL has finally broken some, with arguably some of our most staunch supporters seriously questioning whether they want to continue supporting football in this country. The wind has definitely changed direction on even OverTheBridge.

I admit, I was annoyed at the prospect of them getting back into the SPL before, but I am furious about the prospect of what they are trying to do now. If this goes ahead, battle lines will have been drawn, and I fully expect that fans threats of walking away from football altogether will come to fruition. If it doesn't come through, I fully expect/demand the resignations/dismissal of the conspiritors responsible: Topping, Doncaster, Reagan and Longmuir. This is in addition to the obvious resignation of Ogilvie, which should have been accepted long ago.

We're at a tipping point here, and nearing the end game. The very future of our national sport depends on it.

Edited by Spain

Self Preservation League fully living up to its name IMO.

I'm getting a great deal of comfort from the fact that whenever Turnbull Hutton opens his mouth I hear the exact same as the thoughts in my head regarding this situation.

There are only 2 scenarios that will see me back at Scottish Football next season.

1. Sevco5088 have applied for Div 3 and have been approved/ rejected based on a fair appraisal of their bid against any rival bids.

2. This abomination has been forced through but RRFC are no part of it.

As TH said, I would rather we were in Junior football than be part of a blatantly corrupt league where only the two pillars of bigotry really matter.

I feel the same - BUT on point 2 even if East fife get a vote and voted against Sevco FC parachute yet it still happens, I'd unfortunately decline to pay to attend Bayview - not worth it, what's the point anymore?

You might as well pay per view and watch crapola WWF - it's as fake as that when fixed.

Dreadful stuff. Who wrote that document? Who approved it?

It looks like something cobbled together in a hurry, the kind of thing posted on this board as a spoof.

It's full of typos and logical or grammatical errors:

1. "Rangers have no where to go". It's 'nowhere', you clots. And there is no 'Rangers' any more, because the did have somewhere to go - the grave.

2. "Takes approximately £16 million out of the game". But that £16M was mostly going to Rangers so the majority of teams aren't much worse off - especially not the SFL clubs that this missive is aimed at.

3. "Commercial partners walk away and seek compensation". Proof? Scare-mongering tactics.

4. "The settlement agreement becomes a major risk", What 'settlement agreement'? What is this?

5. "The sporting opportunity is quashed for other clubs". Not enough info in that bullet point to work out what they mean. If they mean that no Rangers means no chance to beat or be beaten by Rangers, I'd propose that honour would transfer to whichever club takes their place.

6. Section 3, "Rangers to SFL1", is crazy. For example, the first bullet says "Reduces SPL income by approximately 30%" but that applies to every option other than 'Rangers voted into SPL' so why only state it here. It's also nothing to do with the SFL clubs being addressed.

7. More of the same...

Ach, I've lost the will to go any further. The whole document is unstructured and illogical, full of non sequitors and doesn't properly address its target audience. Why, if I didn't know better, I'd say that it might have been written by someone who wasn't actually part of the SFL set-up. But that couldn't be the case. Could it?

I feel the same - BUT on point 2 even if East fife get a vote and voted against Sevco FC parachute yet it still happens, I'd unfortunately decline to pay to attend Bayview - not worth it, what's the point anymore?

You might as well pay per view and watch crapola WWF - it's as fake as that when fixed.

Especially when it looks like they are going to promote sevco no matter where they finish in the league.

Would the sevco fans even go?

I would question anyones sanity that would pay money to watch that.

The fitba is fucked.

Morning all.

Apologies if this is living in fantasyland or if it is has been shot down before, but could any of the esteemed legal minds on this forum say whether there are any options of a class-action style suit brought by the fans against the football authorities in this country?

ok, I know it is just fantasyland, but still...

Ach, I've lost the will to go any further. The whole document is unstructured and illogical, full of non sequitors and doesn't properly address its target audience. Why, if I didn't know better, I'd say that it might have been written by someone who wasn't actually part of the SFL set-up. But that couldn't be the case. Could it?

To me, it reads like the contents of somebody's crappy powerpoint presentation, rather than any kind of official document. No facts and figures on display. I notice also that the words "fan backlash" don't appear anywhere as a negative point on any of the SPL's preferred options.

As I noted yesterday, SPL 2 is just the boogeyman in its football form. No club would be stupid enough to sign up to it given the potential implications (i.e., no fans). Indeed, I think it's been blown out of all proportion - we're still sitting in the same place we were two days ago, waiting to see if Green actually lodges an acceptable application to the SFL today. I've no doubt he'll submit one, but I'm pretty convinced he's hoping for a rejection so he can finish stripping the assets.

I have stood at Somerset for more than fifty years (although I do go home occasionally!) and I have seen bad times (applying for re-election in 1965) and good times (gaun yersel Ally). During that time I have seen fans drift away on flimsy pretexts such as - "Ah stoapped gaun when they pit up the price o the pies". Throughout it I have maintained my resolve through more thin than thick, maintaining that it would take something mega mega mega to tip me over the edge. Right now I am right on the edge. If this blackmail is allowed to succeed then it'll be Troon Juniors or the Medda for me. Sorry to be selfish and personalise this but I think's it's fair to say that my devotion/obstinacy towards Ayr United is mirrored at clubs throughout Scotland. I know that Falkirk, Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and Livingston have had problems but, as far as I am aware, none of these clubs have had the polis chappin' at their door. Even if this blackmail threat blows away it will definitely never be forgotten.

The annual settlement is the money paid from the SPL to the SFL that was agreed in perpetuity when the SPL broke away.

Thanks, Wullie. So, if that's at risk, that just sounds like more intimidation from the SPL.

good noises coming from falkirk , morton , hamiton , aberdeen etc.

i would expect to hear from a lot of chairman / managers refuting this division 1 nonsense TODAY

SPORTING INTEGRITY CANNOT BE BOUGHT

Yep, I am sure Michael Johnston will be preparing a press statement as we speak dry.gif

Having had another look at the document I'd like to highlight a couple of things about the SPL2 Option:

4. RANGERS TO SPL2

Currently not supported by the SFA

•Creates a bigger divide

•Leads to some short term commercial losses

A legal challenge could paralyse the game

•The overall pot would be much less than anticipated

They don't really sell themselves on the SPL2 option very well. It almost suggests that should they vote against putting Sevco in SFL1, then the SPL's position isn't very strong at all. It more likely forces the bigwigs into a corner. It's perhaps more of an empty threat more than anything else. Yet another "We did all we could to save Rangers, but nobody would accept our solutions".

The two points I've highlighted in red especially highlight the problem that they are suggesting, whereby if the clubs vote no to Sevco in SFL1, then there is little the SPL & SFL Chairmen and Boards can do to "fix" it. Perhaps the SFA aren't as complicit in all of this as we thought, and could well still ride in to uphold the banner of sporting integrity. (Am I being to hopefull here?)

Anyway, aren't we all forgetting something here? If Sevco fails to apply (and with all conditions met) for transfer of SFA membership today, then the games a bogey anyway, is it not?

ETA: My apologies for a poorly structured post there, which was essentially literacy diarrhea, with thoughts just thrown out as they came into my head!

Edited by Spain