Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Plans revealed by the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293) are a stitch up and if they go through then I'm out, I've had enough of Scottish Football. Reconstructing the whole league just to accommodate Rangers. They could make all these changes without that vile institution in the first division.

Utterly disgraceful!

Those compromise proposals in full:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18625293

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

The main points of the propsals are:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Now the uber diddies pass the buck back to us. I could dig out posts from all sorts of SFL supporters claiming Rangers were an SPL problem and why should SFL supporters become involved.

For the record if the abortion that was Rangers are given any breaks to get away with their cheating then I am done with Scottish senior football, not through protest but through prnciple. We've done what we can in lobbying our clubs. It's your turn now.

In fairness, you can't blame SPL fans as they've made their expressions clear. I'm just interested to see how SPL fans would react were Rangers brought in at a higher level than they should be.

THIS IS HORSESHIT.

Rangers dont exist anymore.

Why should they get into Division 1 just because they have a few thousand fans?

Fans who are showing their true colours by turning against anyone who doesnt feel pity for them?

The way that its all going, Rangers are not even guaranteed a crowd anyway, or the extra income this may bring as they seem to be doing their best to organise a mass stay away from Ibrox right now.

Rangers newco: Plans for club to enter Scottish Division One

BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.

Rangers FC plc are soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.

But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club in the Scottish Premier League.

And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012/13 in the second tier.

There are also plans for the SPL and Scottish Football League bodies to be merged into a new organisation called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' in 12 months' time.

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
  • Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
  • Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL.
  • There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
  • Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
  • A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
  • Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

All these changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days.

Breaking news on BBC Sport.

I thought this had already been the plan however if they are talking about putting them there without a vote then they can do one. The team is an utter shambles at the moment.

Diddy teams of Scotland Unite you have nothing to loose but your chains!!! Aye they can do one

Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

Do these debts include the Tax ones,and the big case one when the result of that comes in.Or are they just meaning the puny £160k fine they got?

There are also plans in place for a new organisation to be called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' to become effective in 12 months' time.

• Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season

Edited by Bloomogganners

"Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee."

How can they be relegated from a league that they are no longer members of? FFS....

ETA - Well technically the oldco are stil members but they won't be if it gets to the vote next week. Or are they going to try to kick them out before they get that far?

Edited by Forest_Fifer

I urge all fans to once again contact your clubs on the back of this new proposal that has been outlined on the BBC website, stating that the changes proposed are unacceptable, and should your club vote YES, that you will not be back.

1. That would mean a YES vote by the SPL clubs. If this goes through, then I really am done with Scottish football. And its a real shame because it is actually a decent plan.

2. Irrelevant to me in the context of 1.

3. Yes to a merger.

4. Yes to a play off.

5. Yes to increased support for relegated clubs.

6. Yes to increased and fairer distribution.

7. Yes to a pyramid, and good on the SFA for coming up with a decent plan. 2 regional leagues sounds sensible.

8. This seems reasonable to me.

So basically, its a really good plan, absolutely scunnered by point number 1. How fucking dare they. If they do this, I'm done. Its the EPL and La Liga for me instead. :(

To me, it looks like this is only one of the proposals that are gonna be put to the SPL/SFL at the various meetings over the next week or twounsure.gif

When it was first up it said

"BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season." That's tabloidy to me.

Now the report has been fleshed out it shows that any changes would need SPL agreement for next season. I will be writing to Steven Thomson (again) expressing my oppossition to this and reminding him that he said he would no go against the wishes of Dundee United fans. Fans have made it clear that the only place for newco is in division 3.

I dont think Scottish Football fans (and the decent rangers ones) have made their voices clear.

RANGERS WENT INTO ADMINISTRATION AND DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE THEREFORE CANNOT BE "RELEGATED TO DIVISION 1"

IF A NEW COMPANY, FORMED USING ASSETS FROM RANGERS WANT TO BE IN THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUES THEN THEY WILL HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HAS HAD TO

TO CHANGE THE RULES TO COMPENSATE A NEW COMPANY - WHO HAS APPARANTLY YET TO PROVE A SOLID BUSINESS PLAN FOR FORWARD MOMENTUM - IS WRONG AND SHOULD IT COME TO PASS MANY OF US WILL NOT GO TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM AGAIN.

that clear enough?

Heres a question, if, Rangers bought Arbroath and played in Division 2, would there be a clamour for the "old arbroath (now "new rangers)" to be boosted to division 1 just because they have some extra fans?

Or if Rangers dont make the SFL application in time (tomorrow - whats the bets they dont provide the information required to enter the SFL only for the "final deadline" to be put back even further) and thousands of their fans start going to Forfar games and Forfars crowds are 40,000 each game, does that mean Forfar should be boosted leagues just because fanbase dictates?

WHEN ARE THE SFA AND SPL GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT RANGERS DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE?

This is the Cockwomble trying to come up with something to circumvent all the club chairman saying that they're going to tell Rangers to do one on the 4th July, and it should be treated with the contempt it (and he) deserves.

Surely the SPL board can't push this through on their own?

Edited by Forest_Fifer

How do they expect D2 and D3 teams to vote for the plan when there is literally no incentive for them to do so?

That's the bit I don't understand.

Even if the £1M is split equally it's only £33k per club... nice but not massive.

Then under the new SPFL organisation they get the same amount of cash as currently - while tier 2 get richer!! - and a pyramid is introduced which most SFL part-timers dislike.