Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Have to admit - I couldn't watch the Brown videos. I went onto YouTube and clicked 'play video'. I got as far as "the cry was no surrender, surrender or you die... DIE! DIE!"... and I could make out the figure of Bomber Brown on the steps, trying to calm the hordes down.

I switched off. I felt physically sick.

It isn't hard to imagine. He actually says at one point "This club will go fae strength tae strength". Basically picture your average loud SevCo knuckledragger from down the pub who proclaims stupid statements. Even comes out "If we've got tae we'll play in a public park". laugh.gif You do that Bomber, you fucking moron, you do that...

image_normal.jpg Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSport The story will be on line @bbc.co.uk/sportscotland soon. Also more details of plans for the merging of the #SPL and #SFL.

Expand Collapse

3m image_normal.jpg Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSport BBC Scotland has received details of plans being put in place to allow a #Rangers Newco to play in the 1st Division this season.

Expand Collapse

From a post I made last night when I should have been in bed, but the adrenalin was still pumping.

"Bomber's consortium will make lots of noise about buying the club. By the weekend they still won't have worked out what it is they should be buying, whether anything worthwhile exists or not, or who they should be trying to buy it from. This clueless approach will still be reported as something with serious potential by the BBC, Sun and Record."

Spot on the legend that is.

I think a lot of these "rangers minded investors" or potential investors have no real clue how a business is run, the sheer grandiose effort and timescale in which a transfer would be done in, theres no way Rangers would be ready to play in any division right now if there was a buy out started today by the time legalities etc are taken into consideration.

It almost sounds as if Brown is wanting fans to pay money to him, to hold it, incase a time comes that it can be sold?

He obviously is embarassed that his main investor has played "for Celtic" so to speak, if he hasnt done the basic background checks on these guys then how can he be so confident everyone is good for the club the way he seems to insist they are

"trust me, im john brown and i speak like youse and swear like youse because im angry" seems to be the motto here.

I'm starting to shift a little uneasily in my seat (at work, of course) with each passing day, as I read this thread and witness the death throes of the mighty Gers. It might be, in large part, attributable to the diet of jelly, ice cream and popcorn that has done nothing for my piles, but it is also a sense of the end game appraoching, and there being a bit less point and laugh scope as we reach this.

I think we might have reached the stage where tuning into this is becoming akin to slowing down to have a shifty at a road traffic accident. Or perhaps staring at the patient in a psychiatric ward who is squatting in the corridor, rocking back and forth mumbling, we are the people....the big hoose must stay open....in a monotonous loop.

I'm just not sure how much I'm enjoying watching that old dog whose back legs have chucked it, dragging his arse across the floor (analogy overload, I know). It just isn't very dignified, now that it is clearly past the stage where this old mutt should have been put out of its misery.

There will, of course, be the occasional laugh out loud episode, and, by Christ, I feel I've earned the right as a diddy supporter to milk these, but, increasingly, I just find myself feeling aggrieved about the extent to which this pitiful chapter in the history of the Scottish game is dragging us all into the mire. It looks as though they've been hunted out of the top division, and this will hopefully be the case in respect of the other leagues too, so some good has certainly come of this almighty mess. I really would rather it ended now. I'm looking forward to a Rangers-free season starting in a few weeks, and I reckon they've hogged the limelight for long enough.

I'm also getting tired of this diddy-club supporter love-in, and want to get back to us gratuitously putting the boot into each other. That's how it should be, after all.

Breaking news on BBC Sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

I thought this had already been the plan however if they are talking about putting them there without a vote then they can do one. The team is an utter shambles at the moment.

Sad to see the BBC resorting to tabloid style journalism.

Full respect for the cat story,i know its off the topic but i am the same when it comes to animals.Handed one in to the wifes gran many years back,same situation with it being close to death.A family of cats were in a truck yard i ran in and out of,the mother got killed and this was the runt that just wasn't able to look after itself.It was covered in oil,and rust stains from the containers.She nursed it back to health and called it Rusty,which i thought very appropriate.

Again,soz for going off topic.

biggrin.gifIt's me, oh daddy I've come home(said in a sort of southern usa judy garlandesque accent)laugh.gif

You are blaming the wrong people. I agree 100% with everything you said but The Rangers are as much in the dark as anybody else. This should have been sorted weeks ago!!

The SPL is a 'No Vote'..We all know this but have to wait until next Wednesday for the official meeting .

Trying to parachute the new club into SFL1 is an insult to every 2nd and 3rd division club and should not even have been considered and i hope that it is a no vote.

We are a couple of weeks away from this ending and it could easily be done in a day or 2. It is little wonder our game is in such a mess with the people we have running it.

I couldn't agree more. The way the game's authorities have conducted themselves throughout this farce has been nothing short of shameless.

Like other's who do not support the club that used to be Rangers, there have been a great many times when I have taken delight in the club's fall from favour. But I couldn't laugh at the Bomber Brown rally, it really was too far beyond a joke.

In times of crisis, you see people at their best and worst. Unfortunately, and while I expect this saga has a long time to run yet, from what I have seen and read, we have the game's guardians, the people involved in the club and the most vocal of the club's fanbase at nothing other than their worse.

One of the key moments for me regarding Brown was right at the end when he says something along the lines of 'we have still have our dignity' (I can't bear watching it again to get the quote right). Dignity has been awol from the start, as has been, in my opinion, any serious attempt to save the club.

When clubs are in crisis, the fans tend to join together, but the emotional blackmail of 'not walking away' has been a dark and threatening spectre, tying the good aspects of trying to keep a club alive with the worst aspects of 'the cause' (for those who believe there is one).

The club's decent fans are the ones that have been well and truly hung out to dry.

These days, I do not want this club, in whatever guise, to be admitted to the SFL let alone getting in to SFL3. There has been speculation that more than one new version of Rangers could appear, and while that may appear like another joke, it actually might have some merit. There could be one for those who need their fix of hate, and one for decent fans who want to watch a football team free of the blight baggage.

One thing is certain though, the game needs to change.

I'm starting to shift a little uneasily in my seat (at work, of course) with each passing day, as I read this thread and witness the death throes of the mighty Gers. It might be, in large part, attributable to the diet of jelly, ice cream and popcorn that has done nothing for my piles, but it is also a sense of the end game appraoching, and there being a bit less point and laugh scope as we reach this.

I think we might have reached the stage where tuning into this is becoming akin to slowing down to have a shifty at a road traffic accident. Or perhaps staring at the patient in a psychiatric ward who is squatting in the corridor, rocking back and forth mumbling, we are the people....the big hoose must stay open....in a monotonous loop.

I'm just not sure how much I'm enjoying watching that old dog whose back legs have chucked it, dragging his arse across the floor (analogy overload, I know). It just isn't very dignified, now that it is clearly past the stage where this old mutt should have been put out of its misery.

There will, of course, be the occasional laugh out loud episode, and, by Christ, I feel I've earned the right as a diddy supporter to milk these, but, increasingly, I just find myself feeling aggrieved about the extent to which this pitiful chapter in the history of the Scottish game is dragging us all into the mire. It looks as though they've been hunted out of the top division, and this will hopefully be the case in respect of the other leagues too, so some good has certainly come of this almighty mess. I really would rather it ended now. I'm looking forward to a Rangers-free season starting in a few weeks, and I reckon they've hogged the limelight for long enough.

I'm also getting tired of this diddy-club supporter love-in, and want to get back to us gratuitously putting the boot into each other. That's how it should be, after all.

Fuck off you Paisley mink.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Granny Danger

Kyle Hutton -

“My whole decision was based on getting games. However, I still needed to hear from the manager that I was very much part of his plans.

“He told me 100 per cent I was and that he was delighted with my decision.

What he actually meant - "No big clubs came in for me. My agent told Ally that I better get a game or I would be offski. He told me that I would definitely get a game as there was no one else to play, although I may have to take my own strip home and get my mum to wash it."

Can we please stop with this pish of "A good rangers man." If a championship or EPL team had come in for him he would have been away like a shot, and if the whole squad was fit and still together he wouldnt be getting a sniff of the first team before he got papped to a 1st division team next year.

<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; "><br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">

haud the bus!!!!!

I thought it was a 1000 fans outside Ipox????? Then it was 1500. Now The Scottish Sun are sayign 5000!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Leggo must've been seeing either decuple, hextuple or just the usual jaikie double then -

<b>"If it becomes known that he has turned down a decent and honest<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">offer of hard cash for Rangers from a decent and honest Rangers man, then, as far as the 10,000 who demonstrated outside Ibrox last night is concerned.... "</b>

If he's not careful people will begin to question his professional objectivity.

Edited by Bob Roth

If they so much as fucking try it, this will all collapse. Question, will the SPL fans walking away from their club if Rangers are put in right away at first division level?

Now the uber diddies pass the buck back to us. I could dig out posts from all sorts of SFL supporters claiming Rangers were an SPL problem and why should SFL supporters become involved.

For the record if the abortion that was Rangers are given any breaks to get away with their cheating then I am done with Scottish senior football, not through protest but through prnciple. We've done what we can in lobbying our clubs. It's your turn now.

Sad to see the BBC resorting to tabloid style journalism.

senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012/13 in the second tier

To me, it looks like this is only one of the proposals that are gonna be put to the SPL/SFL at the various meetings over the next week or twounsure.gif

"I think Mr Murray looks an honourable man but I've told them the only meeting we will have is the one that sees Charles Green show the title deeds to Donald Findlay."

Surely that would be a conflict of interest what with DF being chairman of Cowdenbeath?

Edited by PeeTeeJag