Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Doctor Findlay and his flute band talkin out his ass again. "Dont think the 3rd division could cope with the NEWCO senario". Oh really, but Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton in Div 1 could????

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4398891/Gers-facing-Div1-battle.html

Noticed that myself.

Actually thought to myself "what the f**k does that even MEAN??"

Deranged. Clutching at straws. Talkin shite. It's pitiful.

http://www.scotsman....dwood_1_1521007 , subsequent pages of discussion on this site suggest that Clyde will remain there for another five years, but the long term objective is still to move away.

Clyde are a fans owned club, a CIC, so there is no chance at all of us selling to any one man or consortium, let alone one who has the intention of renaming the club and moving them to Ibrox.

Rangers in crisis: Division One chairmen have their say on future of Ibrox club in SFL

Jun 28 2012

RECORD Sport last night asked every club in the First Division to reveal their stance on admitting Rangers to their ranks.

Some will stay on the fence until they know more, three were dead against – but one club chief swears it’s wrong to bar them from the SPL.

COWDENBEATH: Chairman Donald Findlay said: “It is a big mistake. In a football sense, what are we doing?

“We’re creating two meaningless divisions – Rangers will win the First Division and Celtic the SPL.

“We will have two pointless leagues in terms of competition. What does that say about Scottish football? The money might be better for First Division clubs but it means there is no chance of promotion for any of the other teams.

“The clubs who are opposing Rangers going into the SPL are being narrow minded. The stance is payback for Rangers for the arrogance of their success of a number of years because there is always a lot of envy towards a team who continue to win.”

FALKIRK: A spokesman said: “We strongly believe the current turmoil should be a catalyst for change.

“Reconstruction, First Division play-offs, fairer distribution of wealth and the ending of undemocratic voting systems should be the minimum level of change.

“It would be totally unacceptable if a Rangers newco were admitted to the First Division on the current rules. Even a weakened Rangers newco would have resources that far outstripped other First Division clubs and this would pretty much guarantee them promotion.”

raith rovers: A statement read: “Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL, we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any newco directly into Division One.”

HAMILTON: Chairman Les Gray said: “Our view would normally be that Rangers should apply to the SFL and start in the Third Division. I expect someone to come to us in the next few days with details of reconstruction and monetary issues including the Sky deal but until then, we don’t have a viewpoint.”

DUNFERMLINE: The fans will decide the club’s position but chairman John Yorkston believes the Pars can replace Rangers in the SPL. A statement read: “It is difficult enough to implement a business plan with any degree of certainty, never mind any form of uncertainty. It is important that the club and its supporters stick together.”

PARTICK THISTLE: Chairman David Beattie said: “We will make no comment as we will be canvassing the opinion of our fans.”

MORTON: Chairman Douglas Rae said: “Under current SFL rules, any club making an application for membership should be admitted to the Third Division.

“I see no reason to make any exception to that at this time and would therefore vote accordingly.”

DUMBARTON: Chief executive Gilbert Lawrie, an SFA board member, said: “We will not comment until a decision has been made and we have something to comment on.”

LIVINGSTON: Ged Nixon, chief executive, said: “Nothing has been released as to what the proposals regarding Rangers may be so it would be inappropriate to comment.”

dundee: Manager Barry Smith, said: “I don’t think there is sufficient information to comment.”

This is so bloody confusing. unsure.gif

I suppose its not that surprising that the vile hatred and blame continues along Ibrox way. Is it not a bit late for all this? should this not have been happening back in February, March when the wheels came off the Bigot Bus, when there was still a chance the club and fans could have shown some level of humility in unity ?

The more Rangers 'family' splits and divides the less is going to be left of the carcass to put in any league.

Its all quite funny viewing watching this emplosion, at one point it looked like the club was saved and the SPL clubs were going to fold like a bunch of wet blankets. Once again in true Ranjurs style they have shouted, threatened and stamped their feet like a stroppy teenager and left the rest of Scottish football with no other option but to leave them outside looking in until they calm down and are prepared to obey the rules of the house in which they wish to reside.

not long now. smile.gif

Have to admit - I couldn't watch the Brown videos. I went onto YouTube and clicked 'play video'. I got as far as "the cry was no surrender, surrender or you die... DIE! DIE!"... and I could make out the figure of Bomber Brown on the steps, trying to calm the hordes down.

I switched off. I felt physically sick.

Nah, he was found abandoned on Sinclair Street in Greenock shortly after birth. Death's door... a passer-by handed him straight into the nearest vet, and they kept him alive. Greenock cat protection league took him on and slowly nursed him back to health. We became his owner as soon as he was strong enough, and 15 years later.....

post-11339-0-02615300-1340873959_thumb.j

True story. He's a fighter.

Anyway.... was thinking of changing his name to Craig Whyte - because he can lick his own balls, and he tries to bury his shit so deep that no-one can find it.

awww a true fighter smile.gif,we had a rescue cat , and he was great ,a real charactersmile.gif

anyhoo, Happy Birthday bud tongue.gif

"Jardine said: "It's a lot of nonsense that our history does not carry on. There are a lot of other fans out there saying that we are a new club but that's not the case.

"We never worried about what other supporters said in the past and we shouldn't worry about what other supporters say now.

"What matters is what Rangers supporters think.

"We are a club with 140 years of history and next year we will be a club with 141 years of history."

No, next year you will be a club with 140 years of history.

No, next year they will be the reconstituted, regurgitated husk of a once large club that had a history for 140 years ....

That's if they make it until next year!

just to quantify,

if he isnt actually the owner then why was brown wanting to give him £8.5m - and if he isnt actually the owner who does brown think is?

From a post I made last night when I should have been in bed, but the adrenalin was still pumping.

"Bomber's consortium will make lots of noise about buying the club. By the weekend they still won't have worked out what it is they should be buying, whether anything worthwhile exists or not, or who they should be trying to buy it from. This clueless approach will still be reported as something with serious potential by the BBC, Sun and Record."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/clyde_to_leave_broadwood_1_1521007, subsequent pages of discussion on this site suggest that Clyde will remain there for another five years, but the long term objective is still to move away.

Yes and at the end of that five years, our debt will be gone and the developments at Showpark will be either at a very advanced stage or finished for us to move in. If it takes a season or two to groundshare, that won't be a problem.

Clyde are a fans owned club, a CIC, so there is no chance at all of us selling to any one man or consortium, let alone one who has the intention of renaming the club and moving them to Ibrox.

Excellent. This is what all clubs should be like. And one of the big advantages of a CIC is the lock on the assets. So you just can hive them off, asset strip, sell them. If Rangers had been a CIC then people like Whyte and Green would never have appeared as they wouldn't have been able to take Ibrox and Murray Park so they could personally profit.

It is the cashing in on the assets that has really screwed Rangers.

I switched off. I felt physically sick.

you should watch it, it is cringeworthy, full of all sorts of "wtf does that even mean?" moments that have the crowd there cheering and it poses more questions than it answers.

eg - "i wont name investors as the press will pick through them"

if theres nothing bad to expose about them then there wouldnt be anything to pick through.

he "swears on his grandkids lifes" that the previous investors are out the picture now - so who is actually putting money into his bid?

he says that green said if you sit in the owners chair and me in the scouts chair that he would see who would last longest.

Which is a fact, brown wouldnt last two seconds as a chief exec of a real company

he says that green was asked to NAME HIS PRICE to WALKAWAY - and refused

which to me indicates green is showing more loyalty and wants to see this through than he is being given credit for. yet he gets booed and they see this as some sort of BAD thing!?

yet everyone is going mental and there is basic threats to the guys safety "he said things would leave him HUNTED"

Choice other phrases include "get tae" and "fuckin"

Nah, he was found abandoned on Sinclair Street in Greenock shortly after birth. Death's door... a passer-by handed him straight into the nearest vet, and they kept him alive. Greenock cat protection league took him on and slowly nursed him back to health. We became his owner as soon as he was strong enough, and 15 years later.....

post-11339-0-02615300-1340873959_thumb.j

True story. He's a fighter.

Anyway.... was thinking of changing his name to Craig Whyte - because he can lick his own balls, and he tries to bury his shit so deep that no-one can find it.

Full respect for the cat story,i know its off the topic but i am the same when it comes to animals.Handed one in to the wifes gran many years back,same situation with it being close to death.A family of cats were in a truck yard i ran in and out of,the mother got killed and this was the runt that just wasn't able to look after itself.It was covered in oil,and rust stains from the containers.She nursed it back to health and called it Rusty,which i thought very appropriate.

Again,soz for going off topic.