Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not sure if this is a joke or what but apparantly......

Duff & Phelps wins UK - Corporate Restructuring Advisor of the YearJun 27 2012

Duff & Phelps, a leading global financial advisory and investment-banking firm, has been awarded UK - Corporate Restructuring Advisor of the Year at the recent ACQ Finance Magazine Global Awards 2012.

The award winners were selected following nominations from readers of the magazine, who assess the quality of service received rather than the size of billings.

Paul Clark, Partner, Duff & Phelps, stated: "The awards highlight outstanding performers across the professional services spectrum and celebrate the best advisors working across the world – as identified by the readers of ACQ Finance Magazine. It is a real achievement for us to be recognised, not only locally, but also on a global scale by our peers, and one in which our entire team can take great pride".

The award win follows Duff & Phelps' recognition at the ACQ Finance Magazine Country Awards in 2011, where it was awarded 'Turnaround and Restructuring Advisory Firm of the Year' UK and 'Debt Advisory Firm of the Year' UK for the second year running.

The ACQ Awards are presented across 49 different geographical regions, recognising organisations and advisors that have performed to exceptional levels over the past year. Since its launch, the Global Awards have grown in stature and importance becoming a focal point of the M&A community's calendar.

Source - Company press release

Duff & Phelps Simply the Best, better than all the rest.........................

I'm sure Chuckie Green will now have been advised to make no more appearances in public in Glasgow.

There are Grassy Knollists everywhere.

Where are BDO in all this carnage ? Stuart Cosgrove at the weekend mentioned that the guy heading their team is a "world expert in contentious liquidations."

He's got his work cut out.

wonder if he's been on this site and thought wtf.

I literally haven't the foggiest what's going on now. Thought I was following it well enough until this morning but this whole talk of Whyte still holding the floating charge over the assets, Green setting up new companies and transferring Ibrox and Murray Park over to another company yet again has me completely bamboozled.

I've never really grasped what the 'floating charge' thing is all about.

Uttelry fucking bewildering at times, to be honest, but I take comfort from the fact that, despite my cluelessness, I still have more basic knowledge, virtue, and I'm also better looking that James Traynor and Chick Young.

Edit for typo.

Edited by Drooper

So not looking so good if Charlie is spiriting away the assets and will no doubt try and sell anyone who does transfer over via TUPE .

I wonder how long before the supporters formerly known as the Gers will see this fable about them just carrying on without any liability as an illusion.

They will be left without a stadium, car park and training facility which will be leased to them, less revenue streams than they had before.

Green will have the physical assets of the business which can be used as he pleases. Whatever the football club are called they will have no collateral to raise funds.

No home , no players, no license, no league, no surrender eh !!tongue.gif

.... except we know that won't happen. IF Sevco 5088 enter Div 3, that means they'll have a team, a stadium, an infrastructure... and a cause. It'll be WATP x 1000.... and IF they reached the SPL again, boy, that first game at Pittodrie will be fun.

It'll be worse than now. Their bombast and superiority WATP complex, never mind the Billy Boy pish, would be in hyper-drive.

Doing a 'Third Lanark' would be the best thing for Scottish society, not just Scottish football.

I don't think Aberdeen could afford the policing costs of that game.

2246 pages in and more scandal breaks with todays announcement about murray park etc.

So here's my question, at what point do we start feeling sorry for rangers fans?

I mean the people in charge of that club are just booting their own fans while they are down!

We don't. Frankly, I'll never have any sympathy for their fans. I have some measure for those of ticket office staff, but none for their fans at all. One of the most shameful experiences was standing outside a pub with my mate from Ireland and having to hear the whole "up to our knees in ****** blood" shite that they have. Minority my arse, they can rot away elsewhere.

I've never really grasped what the 'floating charge' thing is all about.

Uttelry fucking bewlidering at times, to be honest, but I take comfort from the fact that, despite my cluelessness, I still have more basic knowledge, virtue, and I'm also better looking that James Traynor and Chick Young.

Enjoy !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_charge

I still don't think Green's an asset stripper. It would take a man with some balls to strip away the assets of a club with a fanbase that has a core of bigotry, violence and hated. He'd be a dead man walking.

I think he's a businessman who's made a horrifically stupid decision - got in there, had a look at what actually 'needs' to be done, and is now trying to spin things to make it seem like he's trying his utmost to save the club in whatever version - whether or not it can be saved or not is a different story.

2246 pages in and more scandal breaks with todays announcement about murray park etc.

So here's my question, at what point do we start feeling sorry for rangers fans?

I mean the people in charge of that club are just booting their own fans while they are down!

Er....never.

I do feel a wee bit embarrassement for some of the remotely decent ones, though.

Anyway, spare your sympathy. They neither need nor want it, they are THE PEEPUL, FFS!

This may eradicate the religious bigotry in Glasgow but there will always be bigots.Just ask cap'n sensible FFS the hatred he has for the OF is not healthy at all in the slightest :blink:.

If hating the Old Firm and sectarianism makes me a bigot them I am proud to be labelled a bigot. 8)

Its the diddy fans sheer hatred of the Old Firm that appears to forcing Rangers FC out of football altogether and don't kid yourself that this hatred doesn't also apply to Celtic.

Now that fans have seen what can be achieved, be sure that the next target will be Celtic.

Without Rangers, Celtic's support will disappear like snow off a dyke. "If you know your history" you'll know that the likes of Hearts & Hibs regularly got bigger average gates than Celtic until the mid 60s. Indeed, there have been seasons where Celtic weren't even one of the top 2 best supported clubs in Glasgow.

Without Rangers, Celtic will lose supporters, will lose finance and will be a sitting duck for the diddies.

Our time has come. Its the end of the Old Firm. :D

If you are a Rangers fan you don't want John Brown getting near ownership or management. Just look at the debacle of his time with Clyde. Took us from mid table 1st division to bottom of the 3rd in consecutive seasons.

On the other hand, if you are not a Rangers fan... :D

STV news just now.Big Bomber declaring he has some damning statement to make against Chuck Green,from a meeting they had last Friday.

He demands Green puts the ownership papers on the table proving he actually does own Ibrox and Murray park.

He finished by saying no disrespects to sheffield Utd,but this is Glesga Rangers yer dealing wiv.

129080703516950602.jpg

Edited by Forever Diamond