Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Very important point. These sevco fuds are going to need a constant reminder, that they have no history.

just need an update to an old favourite to be aired whenever they wander in to town (assuming that might still be the case)...

well it's a brand new team you play for

and it's a brand new team you see

and if - you know - your history

well it's enough to make your heart go..

uh...(pause for effect)...oh

we don't care what the ex-bears say,

what the hell do they know ?

and we all know

Scottish fitba's still the show

and the glasgow rangers won't be there

THEY'RE DEID

errr, or something like...

In the light of Southampton replacing Sevco 5088 FC for the sake of their tournament's integrity, when can we expect a similar announcement from Le Harve??????

Which other Club from around Europe claiming 140 years history will replace them at short notice I wonder :D

I'll be disappointed if it's called off. I was looking forward to seeing a 140 year old club playing against a 14 day old team; However since Le Havre haven't done a great deal in many years it would be a game between 2 teams living on memories. :lol:

.... except we know that won't happen. IF Sevco 5088 enter Div 3, that means they'll have a team, a stadium, an infrastructure... and a cause. It'll be WATP x 1000.... and IF they reached the SPL again, boy, that first game at Pittodrie will be fun.

It'll be worse than now. Their bombast and superiority WATP complex, never mind the Billy Boy pish, would be in hyper-drive.

Doing a 'Third Lanark' would be the best thing for Scottish society, not just Scottish football.

Poz I salute you sir. This is it in a nutshell. It is not only a footballing scenario. It is probably Scotland's best and maybe only way to rid our society of the cancer that is sectarianism. With no Rangers for the blue bigots to gather round and no Rangers for the green bigots to gather in opposition to, within a generation sectarianism in Scotland could be all but be eradicated. So come all ye chairmen out there be you SPL or SFL, we implore you ,grasp this nettle for good of our country.

His proposal would still give 4 fixtures against OF for many clubs...

It's essentially a slightly tweaked version of the 14-team SPL (difference being 2 extra clubs and 3 splits creating 36/40/40 or similar not 36/40, in terms of games).

That said... we've already got several SFL1 clubs saying they won't take carrots to let Rangers into SFL1, and on previous evidence you'd wonder how many SPL clubs share Gilmour's view.

Litmus test will be if SPL clubs agree to offer 14/16-team SPL, with 4x playing/splits/EL play-offs. It's not what fans think 16 means, but might SFL1 clubs change stance?

The question is why would any Div 2 or 3 Club vote foe changing the rules to let Sevco 5088 straight into Div 1? At least they get a bit of extra gate money if they enter Div 3. And if they change to a 14/14/14 structure Sevco could be back in the top tier in 2 years..

We had Hutton at Firhill for the 1st part of last season. Good player and no coincidence that our form dipped the minute he went back to Ipox, that said he didnt seem to do a lot at the Pars in the 2nd part of the season. He could easily get a English Championship club. Surprised he has committed, though he will probably be guaranteed a game every week now

A game of what? Dominoes. They've no team, no licence and, soon, no stadium.

Must have missed the Peterhead statement. Where did this info come from?

Here it is

Chairman of Third Division Peterhead, Rodger Morrison, said it would be a “dangerous precedent” for a newco to join the SFL in the First Division. “It has to be the third division for Rangers if they are coming into the SFL. The First Division would be a cop-out in my view. It would set a dangerous precedent where separate rules exist for a club because it has a bigger supporter base or commercial importance. Even the Rangers supporters I’ve spoken to want the chance to start again and work their way back up.

“If the board of the SFL want to meet that’s fine, but I cannot see any scenario where the SFL clubs will vote in favour of admitting Rangers into the First Division.”

Not to detract too much from the laughing at Rangers towards too much discussion over league reconstruction, but your suggestion (6/8 split) and Gilmour's (6/6/4) both suffer from the problem of having to stretch the EL play offs down to 7th in the league somehow.

The 16 (4/6/6) split avoids this problem, making European play offs much more viable. This is the main reason I back this structure over the various other workable solutions posted over the years.

True, and I think 4/6/6 would be fairer (and liklier to be viable in calendar terms) than 6/6/4... however, 4/6/6 does have some downsides, including the tight top split and (potentially) 2 OF games in last 6 weeks, 1 in last 3, which the police would detest.

You'd also have to imagine that adding 2 mouths to feed would be more palateable than 4, especially to those clubs against any expansion.

And it weakens tier 2 less... one of the big problems has always been the further widening of the relegation chasm.

Any, until such time as Gilmour persuades 10 (maybe in future 8) SPL colleagues, it's all academic.

Grant Russell@STVGrant "Green also listed as the sole director of another business entity called RFC 2012 Limited incorporated last Thursday." http://bit.ly/Qk12RK

A newco within a newco... within a newco? :huh:

That many newcos within newcos is too unstable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLDv-fUINM&

If they only have until Friday to apply for SFA membership, what time on Friday are we talking about?

Close of office hours or midnight?

Friday could be the end of this debacle and sadly, this thread. Ice cream and jelly parties everywhere at the weekend though.

PTFC : GLASGOW`S OLDEST PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB.