Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

mind that time a guy started a thread on rangers media saying the blue knights had won and rangers were set to exit administration

i think that was my first visit to sevco 5088 media

If there are 'wealthy individuals' behind this would they not be better going on SSN. Can't remember what Brown was like as a player but I hope it was better than he is as a spokesman.

Indeed - after watching that, I'd be taking my chances with Chuck Green and co.

What Sevco5088 need right now, is a respected political statesman to step forward and make a plea on their behalf.

A plea for common humanity, natural justice, and sending the darkies back where they came from

juSjp.png

EDIT - whoops I'm waaaay too slow today. This thread is faster than sone aluko running away from Sevco5088

Nick Griffin ffs :lol: if that was my club he was backing I think that would be my moment of clarity :lol: "wait...are we the baddies?"

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

Some third division clubs may well see the attraction of bumper crowds when Sevco come to town and, apart from the ambitious clubs with an eye on division two, it will be sorely tempting to deny Sevco a place in the first division as they would gain a whole lot more in seeing the Newco in division three.

Was speaking with a 3rd Division Manager who painted an optomistic scenario for an ambitious 3rd division club (assuming zombie Rangers were able to win the league) is that the club follow them up via the play-off and get 2, or 3 (best case sceanrio), years of bumper crowds.

Just been playing a demo of the new Football Manager 2013 game for the iPhone.

Amazing how realistic these games are nowadays:

AeSmRl.png

Edited by Gaz

Regardless of how this all turns out, one thing is for sure. This has been fantastic entertainment. Normally the forums at this time of year would be full off mind numbing "somebody shite may be signing for us" type threads. Next year's close season is going to be sooooo boring. Unless Celtic can arrange to go into liquidation to keep us all entertained again?

Certainly not me. See first post in thread. Having watched the likes of Portsmouth, Livingston, Leeds, and a hundred other clubs go through administration and pop up again to carry on... I viewed football administration very cynically. Debt-dodging basturts who cried crocodile tears, but used administration as a cynical ploy to shaft creditors and 'move forward'.

I saw no reason to suspect Rangers would be any different. I fully expected administrators to come in, make huge cuts, see them through the season, before a consortium of Rangers-minded businessmen swept in to tidy up the mess.

I didn't forsee Haudit & Daudit's 'no staff loss' policy, no genuine saviour riding into town, the criminal investigations, court cases, Ally's 'who are these people' rant, the march on Hampden, the supporters being unable to rally behind one spokesperson, the BBC documentary, liquidators going after individuals, the SFA 'just short of match fixing' verdict, or, or, or...

Obviously the likes of Portsmouth, Wrexham, Darlington or Dundee found themselves in trouble... but Rangers weren't simply in a bit of trouble, they were a corrupt cheating institution, run by shysters and a Minty Moonbeams wide-boy.

Nasty business all-round really. Deeply, deeply messy and unpleasant.

hey we have been there it isn't nice and there is at the back of your mind that the club could close. St Mirren had a lucky escape and were subject to a documentary on the activities of Reg Brearly so know about unscrupulous shysters on the make.

However in all these cases where clubs went into administration the blame lay with the directors/chairman with a terrible business plan, supporters did not look outwardly to wave an accusing finger, the culprits sat on their board, the fans could see them every other week in the directors box. There was a sense of fear and shame but what there wasn't was a persecution complex opening blaming others.

I remember at the start of Rangers administration period outside Ibrox and there were supporters more concerned with losing the league to Neil Lennon than losing the club.

They have been spoon fed this invincibility of their history and worldwide support.

Apparently 8/30 to oppose direct SFL1 entry.

SFL3 applications = simple majority.

no way they're getting into the first then, why would any third division club vote in favour of not getting a crack at them next season. thats ten for starters, Raith and Falkirk make it twelve.