pozbaird

Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Exclusive:

Rangers team to face Arsenal:

Buffon

Cole

Pique

Terry

Lahm

Xavi

Schweinsteiger

Modric

Ronaldo

Balotelli

Torres

....all desperate to sign soon as Euro 2012 is over.

Hiya Chick, hiya pal. Where you been, we've all been awfy worried.

FIFA 13 will again feature the Create A Club mode. Rangers fans and Portsmouth fans are said to be relieved at the good news.

The Rangers football club have been formally invited into division 3 by the SFL sponsors Irn Bru. They want them to join the long line of fanny's.

The SPL clubs have kicked them out because of money - they fear long-term they'll lose their fans die if they let them back in - and the SFL will use money to make their decision too. The SFL could help out the SPL (if the Sky one season away thing is true) by dropping them into the First but why should they? If they go down to the Third 80-90 per cent of SFL clubs will get at least two visits from Rangers and there will be the wet dream of a three-year television deal which can be spread around everyone - and at the budget several of these clubs work on you only need a small amount to make a massive difference. If the SFL wants to let them into the First, of course some jiggery pokery can be done but it will take an almighty bribe from the SPL to get it. A share of the current television deal and another promotion spot would seem the absolute minimum they should be looking to get and given the soon to be state of the SPL clubs, I'm not convinced they'll be willing to stump up. In that case the SFL as a whole stands to gain a lot more with Rangers going into the Third Division than falling over themselves to help the very SPL which was set up to shaft them in the first place.

The Delusion is all yours I'm afraid. You did this to yourselves. You and your club alone. If you would like to rectify the situation, you can pay all your creditors their debts in full. Oh wait you can't? Well I suppose we can just forget all about it and let your club suck the life out the game for the rest of our lives.

Throwing a hissy fit about deflecting the blame onto us for simply making sure you suffer the consequences, when there is no chance in all that is f**k that you'd be guaranteed to do the same will get you nowhere.

For all those media muppets and orcs that are mourning the death of not just their club but scottish football, ask yourselves one question.............

What would you all do if tomorrow the english FA offered rankers 2.0 a place in league 2 of englerland?

Because you can bet every penny in Harry Redknapp's dog's account that they would be away like a rat down a drainpipe and wouldn't even look back to give us a wave.

So please spare us your pish, because the only people you are trying to convince are yourselves.

I would hope that "NO Newco in the SPL" would mean exactly that whether it be SPL1 or SPL2. We have come too far to be sold down the river by our chairmen. If my club is party to allowing a re-organisation to take place now to let Rangers into SPL2 after years of ignoring the same proposal, I will be finished with Scottish football.

On a more positive note, it looks like SFL1 clubs are building momentum to vote against Sevco 5088 joining them so not all is lost.

Harold Pinter being the master of the 'comedy of menace' would have been a suitable playwright for the (ex)Rangers saga.

The saddest thing about this whole debacle is that Rangers - their fans and previous owners - could easily have saved themselves by uttering one simple word. 'Sorry'.

It seems sorry really is the hardest word to say.

Had they held their hands up, apologised, canvassed the supporters of the other clubs they have cheated and bullied for years and promised to turn over a new leaf given a chance I'm sure humanity would have taken over and they would have been spared. In times of trouble you would like to think the 'best of you' appears. Unfortunately for Rangers case the opposite happened. The worst of Rangers Football Club appeared.

The threats, the ‘Bully Boy’ tactics, the utterly flabbergasting sense of self importance and self righteousness have caused their own downfall. Too big too fail? Nope, it's just nobody likes you enough to bother to save you and that’s your own doing.

They always say, you better be nice to people on the way up.....you'll meet them on the way down again.

Hi guys. First post. I see this thread is where it's happening. Just a question, why is it in the SPL forum?

Raith and Falkirk both confirmed NO to SFL1

biggrin.gif

Is voting in the SFL done by divisions (ie first division clubs only get a say on first division matters) or do the entire SFL get a vote? I understood it to be that it was everyone. Reason I ask is that presumably, a lot of second and third division chairmen would prefer Sevco to pass through their leagues first to get some sort of commercial benefit and so would kybosh the direct entry to the first.

That fat slimeball Traynor is spouting his nonsense as per.

He claims that the 'mob mentality' lacks intelligence, then proceeds to make a total.arse of himself by harping on about Rangers being shunted down to the 3rd.

Yet we lack intelligence, coming from a fat sleazebag who cannot differentiate between an oldco being relegated as punishment (which isn't happening here) and a newco being accepted into a league system (which is).

Absolutely fucking hopeless at his job. Why does he still get painful employment? His reputation should have been dirt by now after this entire saga.

Alex Thomson's just tweeted the "Walking way" gif...

alex thomson@alextomoThis should amuse all fans of all colours who've a sense of humourhttp://i48.tinypic.com/2s1rh8p.gif

Expand

An unwise move. He's had to delete and issue an apology.

Hi guys. First post. I see this thread is where it's happening. Just a question, why is it in the SPL forum?

Read it from the start.....the explanations lie within......

Is voting in the SFL done by divisions (ie first division clubs only get a say on first division matters) or do the entire SFL get a vote? I understood it to be that it was everyone. Reason I ask is that presumably, a lot of second and third division chairmen would prefer Sevco to pass through their leagues first to get some sort of commercial benefit and so would kybosh the direct entry to the first.

All 30 members of the SFL vote (might be 29 if they do it after one team has moved to SPL)

An unwise move. He's had to delete and issue an apology.

1. It's a pretty amusing gif.

2. He's prone to rashness, Mr Thompson, despite showing up many Scottish based journalists recently.

Mob-mentality is nothing more than a negative synonym for democracy. This very thread reflects a sea-change in the way facts and information are distributed and processed, and if it influences the governing bodies to get their heads out their arses, then how can this be a bad thing?

You obviously believe what you say and there's no doubt all areas of the game will be effected by recent events, but can't you see the long-term benefits? At the least you must admit this issue has polarised opinion and united factions to an extent which I can't remember happening in my 40 years. Again I can only see positives. If this issue was passing by largely ignored then I would fear for the future of the game, but these days I'm feeling more positive about it than I ever have.

Your witch-hunt defence may have a grain of truth in it inasmuch as I think there are a fair few clubs out there with some dirty secrets. No doubts there's lots of jiggery-pokery going on in lots of clubs and also no doubts if the public opinion was against one of them, it could drive them out of business. But this is just life; Rangers ripped the arse out of it to such a great extent that they became Caesar. Well paint me Mark fucking Anthony. In ANY walk of life, be it working, domestic or social, if someone gets too full of themselves they get their wings clipped.

The last 50 years of society allowed Rangers to flourish and re-build their empire on bigotry and deception. Here's to the next 50 under the rent-a-mob.

United factions? A veritable understatement, good sir. What has become apparent on this thread that when the future of our game is at stake, petty rivalries take a back seat. I have had good relationships develop with fans from almost every other side in Scotland, strengthened by our common desire to see the game survive. Yes, there's already been one casualty, and a bloody big one too. Yes, there could be more - I'm a Killie fans, ffs, so the possibility is more real than for some.

What has shone through for me across this whole sorry saga has been an acknowledgment of common ground - the things that bind us together as football fans. The shared experiences of the highs and lows inherent in investing your emotions in a completely irrational manner. The ability to recall the shit times with a "we were there" wry grin, the mental ability to recite cup-winning teams from decades ago, the mental card-index of where to buy a pie and when you're better off going to the chippy down the road......

Most importantly, the majority of the fans on here (including at least one of the No. 8s) are FOOTBALL fans. We love our sides, but we also love the game. If I can't get to Killie (and it's not easy for me to regularly take a whole 7am-11pm day trip), then there's usually a game at York, Hull, Leeds, Sheffield. And then there's the idiot-box - loads of lovely Bundesliga/La Liga on there.

This is what the (follow) followers of rangers just don't get. Football is, for the majority, secondary to their definition as the anti-celtic. Proud to be prod, tarrier conspiracy, ****** b*****d, thimmy, etc. The whole "with us or against us" mentality. Well, you've got your answer now. The majority of Scottish football and, I believe, Scotland, cannot wait to see the back of this festering sore on the face of our nation. And it's not mob rule. It IS the will of the people.

This club has spent decades cheating the taxpayer, its fellow clubs, and its own supporters(although they were more than willing to buy into the fantasy). They have been caught. They have no place in any sporting arena. None.

I only hope that we can be as civil to each other when the season starts and battle resumes. I'll try and respect Cutty Old and Itzdrk, but you can bet WFAANW will surface at some point during the season. No doubt plenty will have a pop at Killie's style of play or our outspoken manager (who says what he wants, BTW). Fine - that's banter.

It's about football. WE are about football. Let's remember that and move on. It is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to turn it down for thirty pieces of tainted silver would be unforgivable.

Oh, and celtic? We're watching you. The death of rangers means the death of whataboutery. So play nice, OK?

Steven Naicontract can give them a lift when he goes down to sign for the Saints.

I hear McGregor is off when he gets back from Florida on Thursday...

Yeah it looks likely green gambled that he cud con players into tupeing over and use transfer fees along with st cash as working capital and assumed spl was a given. On ssn he looked like a man that had lost his lottery ticket. Wud love to see him explain this to his mystery men investors

Yet another issue for anyone even thinking of letting these scum back into the game at any level. How can you check out "fit and proper" or "due diligence" on a bunch of imaginary money-men?

We demand to know who these people are! We demand transparency! The fans deserve better! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

SAY NO TO NEWCO PART II

Surely any re-organisation of the league system would require all SPL and SFL teams to vote on it. In which case we still have to make it clear to our clubs that we do not want a re-structuring of our leagues, purely to benefit the newco. We can't accept this constant shifting of the rules. Any newco can only apply for SFL3 as per the existing rules.

I'm actually for a re-structuring but for the correct reasons. By all means let's have serious talks about it but no changes to take place for at least two seasons.

The argument isnt over yet.