Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

David Longmuir is a prize dumpling. He is looking for clarity!!!!!

Sorry David. You are the leader of the organisation (SFL) and you should be providing the clarity by stating here and now that the current rules do not allow a newco to be introduced into the set-up anywhere other than SFL 3. End of. All the blustering leads us to believe that you are looking for a way to pander to the pro OF lobby. You are a disgrace. His statement today is even stranger considering he said this 2 weeks ago,

“It would be a newco scenario and the only way we could accommodate any new application would be to create a gap in the Third Division through the play-offs with teams shuffling up,” said Longmuir

“We would then judge every case on its own merits. There would be no provision for any newco Rangers to go into the First Division rather than the Third Division.”

No to Newco in the SPL. If you want to re-organise the leagues (which is possibly in the better interests of the game, do that but aim for the start of season 2013 - 14 and get it right. Do not rush the job and create a monster because you are bending over backwards to save the blue half of the shame of Scottish Football.

Edited by Geefoxer

I wonder what chaos would lie ahead with regards to promotion / relegation. Surely this would give the following options:

1) Every one of the 2012/13 SPL teams is guaranteed safety this season, making the league a joke when you thought self-preservation couldn't get any worse.

2) The team in 11th gets relegated and TWO sides get promoted from SFL1 to make it a league of twelve again in 2013/14, making the upcoming First Division a rather tasty prospect.

... or am I having a dim moment and there's another way around this? unsure.gif

First Division champions go up, playoff between 2nd and SPL 11th?

found this article about Airdrie United being denied which i will be referring to in my letter to Ayr

Scottish Football League secretary Peter Donald has admitted that the murky recent past of Airdrieoneans was the major reason why would-be replacement Airdrie United was strangled at birth by rival chairmen.

But the chairmen decided that to allow Airdrie United to emerge from the blackened ashes of Airdrieonians would be setting a dangerous precedent that might see cash-strapped football clubs disappear only to reappear under a different guise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/jun/18/newsstory.sport3

I've got my graduation tommorow, but it'll be interesting to go away for the day and see what developments appear. It literally is constant updates and changes in this thread and on the situation. If Rangers get kicked out of Scottish football, and I graduate in the same summer I'll be utterly delirious with joy. biggrin.gif

Plus 'Top 6 - Bottom 5' or 'Top 5 - Bottom 6'? Someone's going to get some extra games unless the split gets chucked.

Shambles.

It could only be a 40 game season with no split, surely.

I would imagine Dundee would want promotion more than Dunfermline, they have all the derbies to look forward to. Maybe they might just say no thanks.

Are you also not grasping that this is a bit of a different situation than getting Rangers in a cup?

Yes I've got that. Are you grasping that if we get what we want and they have to apply to sfl3 their chairmen will see it the same as getting them in the cup - better even as there will be 2 games? That Spartans have already said they won't apply for the vacancy and would rather sit out and wait for a pyramid?

Besides the previous poster's hysteria was based around them being knuckle dragging bigots spewing their bile and vile etc. My point is that their bigotry hasn't mattered previously when said chairmen rubbed their hands in glee.

All I'm doing is trying to talk in facts and not emotive nonsense (I appreciate this is an emotional subject btw)

Edited by madwullie

Probably the most important meeting they've EVER had, and all they can cobble together is "nothing decided" ?

Obviously waiting to see if ZombieNewcorpse can meet Friday's deadline.

Even now, inertia rules at the SFA / Banana Republic.

Can you still get thon big inflatable bananas from the 80s ?

Should they re-appear on the terracing & stands to show our appreciation of The SFA and The S.F.L. ?

right ive thrown this together (some bits stolen) laugh.gif gonna send it off in a bit

I have been following the current plight of the now defunct Rangers Football Club due to total financial mismanagement and probably some practices that have brought our game into disrepute.

The spectators of all clubs throughout Scotland have watched the events of the demise of Rangers with a mixture of joy and dismay.

In recent years we have saw other lower profile clubs being involved in administration Airdrieonians & Gretna went to the wall, Livingston were relegated to Division 3 & Dundee deducted 25 points.

It would seem that this "Newco Rangers" if reports from other clubs are to be belived have failed in their attempt to leapfrog 30 clubs & start their new club at the top of our game & the next step is understood they will apply for SFL membership & try to gain access at first division level again attempting to leapfrog the majority of clubs in the country (including our own), there has also been talk of restructuring as a "sweetener" to try & seal the deal.

As a football supporter think this is totally unacceptable, restructuring of the Scottish game is something which would probably be good for the game but surely restructuring should take place with or without "Newco Rangers" , the formation of an SPL2 in my opinion will not be the remedy especially when it is formed for all the wrong reasons (to allow a new club to get to the top tier as soon as possible).

I would have to say if my club favoured this new company to leapfrog over another twenty I would seriously consider refraining from my support of the club . I see no value in the club if the custodian undervalues our competition and that of all the provincial clubs within the SFL. The long term integrity would be over ruled by short term financial gain. There are no guarantee that this action would have any financial benefits .

I found an article relating back to the last similar situation to this and i feel the following two quotes are appropriate

Scottish Football League secretary Peter Donald has admitted that the murky recent past of Airdrieoneans was the major reason why would-be replacement Airdrie United was strangled at birth by rival chairmen.

But the chairmen decided that to allow Airdrie United to emerge from the blackened ashes of Airdrieonians would be setting a dangerous precedent that might see cash-strapped football clubs disappear only to reappear under a different guise.

http://www.guardian....ewsstory.sport3

I believe if you vote on behalf of the club to accept this new company and create this precedence then I would (unfortunately) seriously consider ending all connections with the club (and league in general) I have supported since 1996 but im sure you will take the action you beleive to be in the best interest of club & league.

I was also wondering if the club are planning on releasing a statement as clubs like Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers & Dunfermline have over the past few days?

Thanks,

Yes I've got that. Are you grasping that if we get what we want and they have to apply to sfl3 their chairmen will see it the same as getting them in the cup - better even as there will be 2 games? That Spartans have already said they won't apply for the vacancy and would rather sit out and wait for a pyramid?

The Spartans thing is a bit of a non-issue, but I fear you may be right with that first thing, which is a bit of a shoddy way of doing things, but again, you could well be right. That will probably ensure that the vote DOES see them in the third as the teams in that division will be voting with that in mind.

Besides the previous poster's hysteria was based around them being knuckle dragging bigots spewing their bile and vile etc. My point is that their bigotry hasn't mattered previously when said chairmen rubbed their hands in glee.

A cup game against them is a necessary evil. This isn't.

Just as I was thinking I was getting my head around insolvency law (mainly from reading this thread), this pops up:

is this what Green has in mind tomorrow??

admin of newco, as a lead to a members voluntary liquidation (known as a MVL).

That allows the assets to be sold to any party not connected to newco, even if they are connected to oldco.

So, while D&P could never sell the assets (Ibrox etc) to say CW or Ellis for £5.5m, the owners of the newco under an admin or MVL can sell for say £7.

So you end up with say CW or Elllis owning all the assets for £7 and Zeus making over £1m

But for admin2 or MVL the newco needs to get to the position wherev they cant trade. No league role or no players.

This is known to IPs as a prepack plus1.

blink.gif

My link