Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

When I 1st clapped eyes on Craig Whyte I said he looked dodgy. Correct.

When I watched the 1st press conference the Thursday after Rangers went into administration I said these pair seem useless. Correct.

Trust your instincts and 1st impressions people.

Dear Mr Rangers players - would you mind sharing a tea bag between the two of you?

No - ok then we will come back again tomorrow and ask if herbal tea is ok. If not them how about using sweetener instead of sugar? What you want Assam and not yorkshire tea!!

These muppets that call themselves Administrators have been castrated. Useless does not even come close. Ineffectual fuckwits!!!!

There's been enough tea-bagging today for my liking. The castration probably occurred in the process!

Am I right in thinking that, presumably, if Whyte hadn't got his way and had Duff & Phelps ("friendly" administrators) appointed, we'd be far more likely to have seen large-scale cuts by now?

Rangers probably would've played Inverness with the under 19 team.

These administrators are supposed to be ruthless mercenaries who get the job done at all costs, they come across as 2 guys who are spending the day trying to organise a bake sale to save "the people"

They are probably handing out fecking puppies with every £1000 you agree to drop in weekly wages.

They make Lionel Hutz and Gil fae the simpsons look ruthless.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Doncaster said on radio tonight that the SPL Board would make the decision. He didnt mention anything about the rest having any say whatsoever.

So, how would they vote?

I'd guess-

Ralph Topping (SPL Chairman)...For Rangers

Neil Doncaster (SPL Chief Executive)...For Rangers

Eric Riley (Celtic FC)...For Rangers

Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC)...Against Rangers

Derek Weir (Motherwell FC)...For Rangers

Steven Brown (St Johnstone FC)...For Rangers, embarrassingly.

We're definitely fucked.

actually ... you might be on to something there ... don't Berwick Rangers have joint membership or the FA & SFA & have a team playing in some English lower league, if they could get away with it it would open their door to having a long term plan to getting in to the English system while seeing out the next decade in scotland :blink:

Just for clarity - we've nothing to do with the FA whatsoever, and haven't for over 100 years.

Officially we're a Scottish club in every respect - except the location of our registered ground - and perhaps half the fans and all the players are Scottish.

We train in Tranent. Our Reserves play in EOSFL First Division, our youths in Scottish youth structures.

There are special clauses inserted in - for example - the rules of the Scottish Premier League: which explicitly establish the right, in perpetuity, of the Berwick Rangers Football Club to full participation.

We're also in the black, and owned by a consortium of (mainly Scottish) supporter-businessmen, our Supporters Club and Supporters Trust, so I can happily confirm no danger of takeover :D.

Seperately... in 1964, heartless Rangers tried to assasinate Berwick Rangers and 4 other small clubs, without justification and without mercy.

There's no sympathy for them on the terraces at Shielfield. Quite the opposite.

There are old-timers who sit near me who talk of them with near-unbridled despisement.

Have we news here ? Update time 11-12pm

http://www.dailymail...t-wage-cut.html

Rangers players have accepted a 75 per cent cut in wages to prevent the squad being decimated by up to 15 redundancies.

At one stage the club's administrators threatened to axe the club's top five earners, plus 10 others, as they tried to reduce monthly outgoings by £1.2m.

It would have left manager Ally McCoist with an Ibrox squad made up mainly of youth-team players, but was avoided when the stunned players agreed to have their pay docked by three-quarters.

It meant the club's biggest earners, midfielder Steven Davis and keeper Allan McGregor, had their weekly wage of about £28,000 slashed to £7,000.

The revised deals will be in force until Rangers come out of administration or find new owners.

As a sweetener, many agreements contained extra clauses, such as a minimal buy-out figure so they could join another club for a nominal fee.

Edited by BigBadSaint

sorry HJ, let down by my own lack of knowledge :unsure:

Rangers players have accepted a 75 per cent cut in wages to prevent the squad being decimated by up to 15 redundancies.

At one stage the club's administrators threatened to axe the club's top five earners, plus 10 others, as they tried to reduce monthly outgoings by £1.2m.

that's either all new news & they've got some scoop or they're talking nonsense

Me too, but it amounts to a blackmail threat to the 6 people on the SPL board. "Do you want to have to check your post for letter bombs for the foreseeable future by killing off Rangers for good?" It's also a lie, there is an SFL option.

The remaining 11 SPL member Clubs vote, the Board only ratify that vote.

As far as the SFL option goes, I believe that the 'newco' would need to present 3 years audited Accounts to be even considered for admission. The newco being.. well... new, then I can't see that route being taken as it seems it would take the newco 6yrs AT LEAST to get back to the SPL.

I personally think Rangers are fucked and their only feasible route is the member Clubs of the SPL letting them in via their back door. If that happens then the games a bogie and I probably would call it a day, unless my Club voted against, then I would have to weigh up my options.

Grow a pair Stuart Gilmour! In conversations with you, I know what you think of the OF. Don't lose a very sizable chunk of your own fans. f**k the money! You know our home crowd goes down when any of the OF call and we only end up with perhaps 1,000-1,200 more than our average crowd anyway (thats only 3-4k per season), with extra policing costs, it can't be that much,. Cut our cloth. Others may not, but we will survive... It's the principle and the morallity that counts.

The TV money? It will be reduced, but maybe with a fairer share it wouldn't be that much of a loss - if any. Press for a summer football league and present that option to SKY. They would snap it up I think.

BTW, someone said earlier that newco might buy The Buddies? Believe me... No chance.

vambo57 said "I personally think Rangers are fucked and their only feasible route is the member Clubs of the SPL letting them in via their back door. If that happens then the games a bogie and I probably would call it a day, unless my Club voted against, then I would have to weigh up my options."

I think that sums up my thoughts as well. If a club can cheat and steal their way into such a mess only to be let back in because of money then we SPL has no integrity whatsoever and does not deserve support from anyone.