Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bradford Bulls have gone into administration today and are saying they could be liquidated in 10 days. They can't bring in much money by selling players, and they say the prospect isn't looking good.

I wonder if Haudit and Daudit are available for another gig?

More comedy gold from Ranger Media:

<h3 style="margin: 0px; padding: 8px; font-size: 1.1em; color: rgb(29, 54, 82); background-color: rgb(229, 236, 243); ">Questions for Charles Green?

user_green.png krissg910 </h3>

• Richard Gough
  • star2.gif

• Group:True Blue
  • Topics:30
  • Rep:50

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

someone ask him what skool he went to.

games a bogey if hes a tarrier

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

The SPL clubs have kicked them out because of money - they fear long-term they'll lose their fans die if they let them back in - and the SFL will use money to make their decision too. The SFL could help out the SPL (if the Sky one season away thing is true) by dropping them into the First but why should they? If they go down to the Third 80-90 per cent of SFL clubs will get at least two visits from Rangers and there will be the wet dream of a three-year television deal which can be spread around everyone - and at the budget several of these clubs work on you only need a small amount to make a massive difference. If the SFL wants to let them into the First, of course some jiggery pokery can be done but it will take an almighty bribe from the SPL to get it. A share of the current television deal and another promotion spot would seem the absolute minimum they should be looking to get and given the soon to be state of the SPL clubs, I'm not convinced they'll be willing to stump up. In that case the SFL as a whole stands to gain a lot more with Rangers going into the Third Division than falling over themselves to help the very SPL which was set up to shaft them in the first place.

Totally agree with this. Put them in SFL1 then a small % of clubs will play them twice. Put them in SFL3 nearly all the clubs will play twice, and they'll get some sort of TV deal for the whole time they're there. It would seem commercially stupid to put them in SFL1 from the perspective of SFL clubs.

Don't try to get out of it. I distinctly remember you posting that you were hosting the wake and there would be free beer.

I'll probably be able to find the post as you only have a few on this thread. :lol:

Free? Fae' a Paisley Buddie? Do you know what Paisley Buddies take for diarrhea?.... 50p a bucket.

Secondly - me posting a few times on here? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle tangerine & black? :P

Airdrie United were knocked back - that's why they had to buy Clydebank!

Discussion surrounded their ability to apply.

That's incorrect. As the governing body, the SFA issues licences to both SPL and SFL allowing their Clubs to play in Scotland. If this wasn't the case, how could the SFA have placed a transfer embargo on Rangers? :)

Several posters are confusing License possession with possessing Membership.

There are several thousand clubs in Scotland who participate in 'organised football' through possessing Full, Associate or Registered membership of SFA. Of those only 30-odd have licenses. Not all SFL clubs have licenses... Annan Athletic, Ayr United, Brechin City, Cowdenbeath + East Stirlingshire all examples in the season just ending.

I don't know the guidelines personally, but I'd imagine the thousands of fans they'll bring compared (bigotry, vermin, vile blah blah blah) to a couple of hundred at most will sway their thinking somewhat. And why shouldn't it?

In fact, haven't some of the other eligible teams said that they won't even bother applying as they themselves recognise that Rangers could offer more to the league than them?

'Rangers' do not exist. They are dead. That's the first point. :lol:

Secondly, SevCo 5088 can offer more than other clubs - more pished knuckledragging bigots, more sectarian chanting and songs, more aggression and violence in the grounds, more abuse and al fresco pishing in town centres, the need for more security and policing etcetera, etcetera.

The upside ? A few more quid via. tickets and the opportunity to take the scalp of the newest club in Scottish football.

There is a distinct possibility, with only 31 days from the Newco vote until the season kicks off, that the SPL could very well stick with 11 teams. The rules don't state clearly who should be the 12th team, and there's not enough time for any legal wrangles between Dunfermline and Dundee. If this is the case, there would be no place in the SFL for Servile-scumCo 5088 at all...

They're probably just trying to get it over and done with. If they can't get the relevant details together by Friday (which they probably can't considering they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery) then the SFL can proceed to ask for new applicants for SFL3.

Have to agree with this. The clock cant tick for ever, so they have decided its Friday or nothing.

Dear Chairman, <br style="line-height: 17px; ">I have been following the current plight of the now defunct Rangers Football Club due to total financial mismanagement and probably some practices that have brought our game into disrepute.<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">The spectators of all clubs throughout Scotland have watched the events of the demise of Rangers with a mixture of joy and dismay. The club even took the SFA to court to dispel sanctions for their wrong doing over at least ten years , which is ironic as you took over our club from an unscrupulous owner and had to pick the club up from the lowest point and regain our stature. Now given that you know it is possible to return the club over time and the former Rangers are no where near the shell of a business that you bought into .<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">We have saw other lower profile clubs being involved in administration Gretna went to the wall, Livingston were relegated to Division 3 , Dundee deducted 25 points.<br style="line-height: 17px; ">If the now or soon to be dead Rangers get found guilty of double contracts and bringing the game into disrepute they will have escaped punishment but I see the SPL are offering clubs in the SFL some benefits for allowing this Sevco 5088 into Division 1. <br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">Now I as a football supporter think this is totally unacceptable, yes restructuring of the Scottish game needs to take place but the formation of an SPL2 will not be the remedy especially when it is formed to allow this phoenix club to return to the top tier as soon as possible. The rules can be changed but not as a prerequisite of aiding the SPL out of the mire.<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">I would have to say if my club favoured this new company to leapfrog over another twenty I would refrain from my support of the club . I see no value in the club if the custodian undervalues our competition and that of all the provincial clubs within the SFL. The long term integrity would be over ruled by short term financial gain. There are no guarantee that this action would have any financial benefits .<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">I believe if you vote on behalf of the club to accept this New company and create this precedence then I would end all connections with the club I have supported since 1977.

My letter to our chairman, aye thanks for your input.

Come on all the diddy teams dispel the myth about who your big team are. Remember cheaters never win or do they ?

There is a distinct possibility, with only 31 days from the Newco vote until the season kicks off, that the SPL could very well stick with 11 teams. The rules don't state clearly who should be the 12th team, and there's not enough time for any legal wrangles between Dunfermline and Dundee. If this is the case, there would be no place in the SFL for Servile-scumCo 5088 at all...

Thought so too, but then as there is going to be a finicial hit without Rangers no matter what why you cut it, could the clubs also stomach to lose up to 2 home games bringing in some revenue as well?

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

11 team SPL with no relegation for season 2012-13? That would be nice :ph34r:

After all that's happened it would be quite funny if Newco played on hors concours :lol:!!

(I'm not suggesting it'll happen).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Don't try to get out of it. I distinctly remember you posting that you were hosting the wake and there would be free beer.

I'll probably be able to find the post as you only have a few on this thread. :lol:

Can I remind you of this.

If the CVA is rejected and there is no Rangers in the SPL next season, I'll through a big party at my house for everyone who has posted on this thread and provide free beer.

Dear Chairman, <br style="line-height: 17px; ">I have been following the current plight of the now defunct Rangers Football Club due to total financial mismanagement and probably some practices that have brought our game into disrepute.<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">The spectators of all clubs throughout Scotland have watched the events of the demise of Rangers with a mixture of joy and dismay. The club even took the SFA to court to dispel sanctions for their wrong doing over at least ten years , which is ironic as you took over our club from an unscrupulous owner and had to pick the club up from the lowest point and regain our stature. Now given that you know it is possible to return the club over time and the former Rangers are no where near the shell of a business that you bought into .<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">We have saw other lower profile clubs being involved in administration Gretna went to the wall, Livingston were relegated to Division 3 , Dundee deducted 25 points.<br style="line-height: 17px; ">If the now or soon to be dead Rangers get found guilty of double contracts and bringing the game into disrepute they will have escaped punishment but I see the SPL are offering clubs in the SFL some benefits for allowing this Sevco 5088 into Division 1. <br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">Now I as a football supporter think this is totally unacceptable, yes restructuring of the Scottish game needs to take place but the formation of an SPL2 will not be the remedy especially when it is formed to allow this phoenix club to return to the top tier as soon as possible. The rules can be changed but not as a prerequisite of aiding the SPL out of the mire.<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">I would have to say if my club favoured this new company to leapfrog over another twenty I would refrain from my support of the club . I see no value in the club if the custodian undervalues our competition and that of all the provincial clubs within the SFL. The long term integrity would be over ruled by short term financial gain. There are no guarantee that this action would have any financial benefits .<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">I believe if you vote on behalf of the club to accept this New company and create this precedence then I would end all connections with the club I have supported since 1977.

My letter to our chairman, aye thanks for your input.

Come on all the diddy teams dispel the myth about who your big team are. Remember cheaters never win or do they ?

Good luck to Auld Dougie trying to make sense of that.

A deadline for Friday, eh? Now, regular posters on this thread will remember this... a blast from the past..... maybe around page 870 - 880?....

THAT'S 12 NOON COME AND GONE!

Ah, the good old days.

'Rangers' do not exist. They are dead. That's the first point. :lol:

Secondly, SevCo 5088 can offer more than other clubs - more pished knuckledragging bigots, more sectarian chanting and songs, more aggression and violence in the grounds, more abuse and al fresco pishing in town centres, the need for more security and policing etcetera, etcetera.

The upside ? A few more quid via. tickets and the opportunity to take the scalp of the newest club in Scottish football.

What Sevco can't offer is:

Assurances they have a team

Assurances they can pay the rumoured advance tax bill

Assurances the rangers liquidator won't come after their ground

Assurances they have cash to sustain a league campaign

A bank account

Accounts

SFA membership

They have never even played a game and yet it looks like they will immediately enter Scottish football at senior level!