Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

United factions? A veritable understatement, good sir. What has become apparent on this thread that when the future of our game is at stake, petty rivalries take a back seat. I have had good relationships develop with fans from almost every other side in Scotland, strengthened by our common desire to see the game survive. Yes, there's already been one casualty, and a bloody big one too. Yes, there could be more - I'm a Killie fans, ffs, so the possibility is more real than for some.

What has shone through for me across this whole sorry saga has been an acknowledgment of common ground - the things that bind us together as football fans. The shared experiences of the highs and lows inherent in investing your emotions in a completely irrational manner. The ability to recall the shit times with a "we were there" wry grin, the mental ability to recite cup-winning teams from decades ago, the mental card-index of where to buy a pie and when you're better off going to the chippy down the road......

Most importantly, the majority of the fans on here (including at least one of the No. 8s) are FOOTBALL fans. We love our sides, but we also love the game. If I can't get to Killie (and it's not easy for me to regularly take a whole 7am-11pm day trip), then there's usually a game at York, Hull, Leeds, Sheffield. And then there's the idiot-box - loads of lovely Bundesliga/La Liga on there.

This is what the (follow) followers of rangers just don't get. Football is, for the majority, secondary to their definition as the anti-celtic. Proud to be prod, tarrier conspiracy, ****** b*****d, thimmy, etc. The whole "with us or against us" mentality. Well, you've got your answer now. The majority of Scottish football and, I believe, Scotland, cannot wait to see the back of this festering sore on the face of our nation. And it's not mob rule. It IS the will of the people.

This club has spent decades cheating the taxpayer, its fellow clubs, and its own supporters(although they were more than willing to buy into the fantasy). They have been caught. They have no place in any sporting arena. None.

I only hope that we can be as civil to each other when the season starts and battle resumes. I'll try and respect Cutty Old and Itzdrk, but you can bet WFAANW will surface at some point during the season. No doubt plenty will have a pop at Killie's style of play or our outspoken manager (who says what he wants, BTW). Fine - that's banter.

It's about football. WE are about football. Let's remember that and move on. It is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity, and to turn it down for thirty pieces of tainted silver would be unforgivable.

Oh, and celtic? We're watching you. The death of rangers means the death of whataboutery. So play nice, OK?

Are the fans of the gruesome twosome really surprised that the majority of Scottish football fans hate what the Ugly Sisters represent. Years of disgraceful bigotry and treating other clubs with disdain in terms of asset stripping for peanuts, often to see the players acquired sit on the bench, have led to this. We have an unprecedented opportunity to move the Scottish game in the right direction.

Has anyone listened to this

PODCAST: Rangers newco face SPL wilderness

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/videos-pics/2012/06/26/podcast-rangers-newco-face-spl-wilderness-86908-23901091/

How these OF apologists are too frightened to accept that the fault lines in the Scottish game are due to the In-firm is beyond me.

To continue to suggest that the game will suffer if Rangers are punished appropriately is as factually inaccurate as it is ridiculous.

Rangers will shortly not exist. Fact. Sevco 5088 may apply for SFL membership as the door to the SPL will be closed. They must start at the bottom as it makes a mockery of fairness and sporting integrity for them to start anywhere else. If the game is re-organised into SPL 1 & 2, Sevco 5088 must not be allowed to join. Simples.

Probably the most important meeting they've EVER had, and all they can cobble together is "nothing decided" ?

Obviously waiting to see if ZombieNewcorpse can meet Friday's deadline.

Even now, inertia rules at the SFA / Banana Republic.

well they dont have to make any decisions yet

the transfer of share has not been denied/withdrawn yet

Dingwall is half-right in what he says. I want Rangers gotten to fuck due to hatred, but most importanly, due to the integrity of football in this country.

Rangers team list at present:

Allan McGonner

Tata Papac

Free Wallace

Dorin Gone

Adios Bocanegra

Steven Whitcontract

Release McCabe

Gone Aluko

Leave Davis

Steven Naicontract

Solong Kerkhar

Jamie Less

Reading Dingwalls comments and those of Sevco fans in general i don't get this attitude of going to division 3 will mean them coming back in a stronger position!

Do they understand the massive hit in sponsorship and match day income they will take working through the divisions? Even after all that's gone on there still seems to be an arrogance and assumption that because it's 'The Rangers' everything is going to be alright.

I'm pretty sure it was this same head in the sand displayed when they were told problems were afoot at Ibrox.

Do/can they satisfy any of the guidelines then??????

Is it really that attractive to have the Sevco hoardes descending on SFL3 grounds, no doubt incurring increased costs through being all ticket and increased police bills? For only one season.

How much will they really make 'on the day'?

I don't know the guidelines personally, but I'd imagine the thousands of fans they'll bring compared (bigotry, vermin, vile blah blah blah) to a couple of hundred at most will sway their thinking somewhat. And why shouldn't it?

In fact, haven't some of the other eligible teams said that they won't even bother applying as they themselves recognise that Rangers could offer more to the league than them?

There aren't actually any criteria at all for SFL in terms of ground, accounts, etc. ... the rules just demand some fee payments, and the obtainment of SFA membership. We're told that the 3yrs accounts thing from SFA is discretionary. And a Bronze license isn't yet mandatory for SFL3. Anything else is whatever SFL put together as criteria "from time to time" or something like that.

Tbf, that's exactly what 11 of 27 eligible voting clubs did in 2002 when faced with the final stage ballot between "Airdrie United" and Gretna FC (having already eliminated 3 EOS + 2 HFL clubs in earlier stages), so it's clear why a great many people imagine Rangers in a similar scenario could have a good chance.

The SFA membership bit covers those though ground accounts etc, SPL as it stands you don't need to be in the SFA but for SFL you do so they have to meet thecriteria for SFA for the SFL. SFL can vote to changetheir rulesif a big enough majority in favour .

Edited by Bloomogganners

That'll be fcuking right! We'll need a 'big hoose' to host everyone... Jelly, ice cream and parlour games.... pinning the tail on the cockwomble, etc.

Don't try to get out of it. I distinctly remember you posting that you were hosting the wake and there would be free beer.

I'll probably be able to find the post as you only have a few on this thread. :lol:

Are the fans of the gruesome twosome really surprised that the majority of Scottish football fans hate what the Ugly Sisters represent. Years of disgraceful bigotry and treating other clubs with disdain in terms of asset stripping for peanuts, often to see the players acquired sit on the bench, have led to this. We have an unprecedented opportunity to move the Scottish game in the right direction.

Has anyone listened to this

PODCAST: Rangers newco face SPL wilderness

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23901091/

How these OF apologists are too frightened to accept that the fault lines in the Scottish game are due to the In-firm is beyond me.

To continue to suggest that the game will suffer if Rangers are punished appropriately is as factually inaccurate as it is ridiculous.

Rangers will shortly not exist. Fact. Sevco 5088 may apply for SFL membership as the door to the SPL will be closed. They must start at the bottom as it makes a mockery of fairness and sporting integrity for them to start anywhere else. If the game is re-organised into SPL 1 & 2, Sevco 5088 must not be allowed to join. Simples.

just imagine if they actually found out the World isn't flat ! tongue.gif

Do/can they satisfy any of the guidelines then??????

They'd meet as many basics as Airdrie United did in 2002... they were also a start-up.

When it comes down to it, all you need to play in the Third Division is a suitably enclosed ground with 500 seats and floodlight (although, again, this isn't actually specified in any rules). Everything else is a subjective judgement whether via guidelines or voters' heads... how credible are the finances, how deserving the case, what standard will they obtain, what'll they bring to the league, etc.

Of course applying is one thing, deserving to win the vote is another.

The SFA membership bit covers those though ground accounts etc, SPL as it stands you don't need to be in the SFA but for SFL you do so they have to meet thecriteria for SFA for the SFL. SFL can vote to changetheir rulesif a big enough majority in favour .

You don't need a License to play in SFL. There's current SFL clubs without licenses, and the 3yrs accounts are supposedly 'discretionary' as opposed to 100% mandatory (infact much of it probably has that theoretical get-out).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Don't try to get out of it. I distinctly remember you posting that you were hosting the wake and there would be free beer.

I'll probably be able to find the post as you only have a few on this thread. :lol:

Yeh I remember too.....was going to bring my Golf Clubs so we could have a round the next day.........its still ok for me to crash on your sofa , Poz ?! biggrin.gif

Why is this thread still in the "SPL General Chatter" Forum, surely about time to have it removed, question is, where to put it, I suppose we could have a Forum of its own, - the Limbo Forum for example

Too tarrier sounding, imo.

That's incorrect. As the governing body, the SFA issues licences to both SPL and SFL allowing their Clubs to play in Scotland. If this wasn't the case, how could the SFA have placed a transfer embargo on Rangers? :)

Reading Dingwalls comments and those of Sevco fans in general i don't get this attitude of going to division 3 will mean them coming back in a stronger position!

Do they understand the massive hit in sponsorship and match day income they will take working through the divisions? Even after all that's gone on there still seems to be an arrogance and assumption that because it's 'The Rangers' everything is going to be alright.

I'm pretty sure it was this same head in the sand displayed when they were told problems were afoot at Ibrox.

Dingwall is clearly seething. Got to love his "hell mend you all now; and we'll be back stronger than ever" battle cry -- exactly the arrogant, superior, bullish attitude that turned the whole nation against them in the first place. They just don't get it, they'll never learn.

As a general rule, we don't have paymasters and baying mobs to placate with a daily dose of Goebbelsisms.

One of the interesting asides to all of this has been looking at the official Oldco website to see the "News". They have a guy there called Andrew Dickson who writes content for the website news in straight tabloid-ese, in places written in a weird third person tense, which I've now seen is cut and pasted by many news organisations, particularly the online ones.

So in some cases, the media don't even need to write anything in order to insert a filler piece, they just lift it straight. Not sure if Celtic do the same thing.

Can Serco 5088 seriously apply for a place in SFL if they are in Administration ?! tongue.gifcool.gif

Apply for what - there isn't a vacancy yet, the SPL have not as far as I know made any offer of a place to any other team to fill the vacant place left due to the demise of Rangers, and from what I have read in other forums there may be a legal battle to see whether Dunfermline or Dundee take up any place when it becomes available. Only then can the SFL accept applications for a place in their divisions. Witht eh start of the season fast approacing they all better get their collective skates on to avoid chaos at the start of the season.