Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Maybe the SFA will do a Duff and Phelps and delay the deadline?

The SFA have apparently asked Duff & Phelps to provide clear information as to the 'fit and properness' of Charlie Green and his mysterons.....

Duff & Phelps - about to be investigated themselves by the polis'. FFS.... Insert your own 'I don't bee-leeve it' style comment right here.

snapback.pngsjc, on 26 June 2012 - 13:48, said:

What would we all settle for an outcome in this whole episode ?

The Newco Rangers FC in Division 3 ? definately....but with all this talk of reshaping the leagues I'd settle for:

• 3No Divisions of 14 Teams (with 7-7Split after 26games) - The Newco Rangers in bottom league. - hate this idea, split is way too early, plus 7 in each half leaves 2 teams with no game every week
  • 2Up 2Down with 3rdTop v 3rd Bottom Play Off in all Divisions. - I like the current playoffs just fine, 2nd vs11th for SPL would be good though
  • Regional Pyramid System to include Junior Teams etc (Highland, East, West & South). Meh, pyramid is a nice idea but needs some more detailed thought, should happen eventually
  • Teams Restricted to 16No Professional Players over the age of 21or23. No, just putting 24 year olds out of Scottish football for no reason
  • Maintain 4No u21's in matchday squad. Fine
  • Shared Gate Money. There is no way this happens. Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen have way too much to lose plus there will be clubs cooking the books
  • Equitable TV Revenue Split. Bound to happen, should still be based on league position though.
  • Move towards 51/49% fan ownership as per German League including Accountancy Checks at 2 points of the season. And would these fan groups take on half the debt run up at Killie, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Dundee United etc. That has a long way to go before it can happen at all clubs.

Did I miss anything ? Comments ?Think your being a bit short sighted with that one mate......Clubs can have the best 16 players in the World if they want but can only have 16 of them ! The necessity to have better youth players will drive clubs to improve their development......as well as this it will deter the bigger clubs from stockpiling players and having an advantage over the rest of the league due to a bigger squad size.

Let's revisit a gem from Scotland's journalistic oracle Jim Traytor :

"It does not matter what fans say on social media. Football clubs do not listen to fans,they listen to Bank Managers and they will be telling them that they have to vote Rangers into the SPL".

DAFC:

The Board refuse at this stage to speculate on conjecture, but what we can say is that we are fully aware of the views of Pars fans in terms of sporting integrity, and any decision the Board may make on behalf of the Football Club in future will respect this, as no one wishes to alienate our own loyal supporters.

rolleyes.gif

1340718790[/url]' post='6375780']

If, as speculated by Jackson, NewCo went into administration prior to SFA membership, would this infringe upon their ability to gain said membership?

Just a bit.It would be the final, final, final nail in the coffin.

But seeing how it's Jackson saying this I wouldn't hold my breath.

Slightly OT, but seeing as it's a slow news day do far: Jim Spence has been at the vanguard of putting across the views from social media in the press, but has said (at times) he's not keen on it but it's a necessity to adapt. Has he ever said what in particular he dislikes about social media?

I have to say, until stumbling across PnB a few months ago, I wasn't quite so aware about the massive gulf in fan opinion versus the MSM portrayal of fan opinion I got from tuning into Sportsound. It's been quite the eyeopener...

As a general rule, we don't have paymasters and baying mobs to placate with a daily dose of Goebbelsisms.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

That is now THREE extended periods of grace the SFA have given SevCo.

Ridiculous favouritism.

Stinks to hell, like most other parts of this tawdry little affair.

To be fair to Sevco, writing the business plan is getting quite difficult:

1 ) Bully our way into the SPL Bully our way into SFL1

2 ) Bully the players across to Newco then sell them

3 ) Sell half the club to the cardie for twice what I paid for it

4 ) ???

5 ) Profit!

That is now THREE extended periods of grace the SFA have given SevCo.

Ridiculous favouritism.

Stinks to hell, like most other parts of this tawdry little affair.

:blink:

It isn't a period of grace, it's a deadline to make an application.

And when have the SFA given Rangers "extended periods of grace" before?

Still got a horrible feeling that Walter Smith, Douglas Park and Jim McColl will reappear at the death to save the day. Just a horrible feeling, nothing else, no substance, but I just can't see the Scottish Establishment allowing them to disappear. There will be people working awayy in the background trying to salvage this shambles.

Hope i'm wrong, and if I am, I will apologise when we're all at Pozbairds house for the Death of Rangers celebration party!

see to be completely fair to traynor

he says they should be in division 3

keith jackson is positvely seething at raith rovers saying they dont want rangers in division 1 laugh.gif

Edited by itzdrk

Still got a horrible feeling that Walter Smith, Douglas Park and Jim McColl will reappear at the death to save the day. Just a horrible feeling, nothing else, no substance, but I just can't see the Scottish Establishment allowing them to disappear. There will be people working awayy in the background trying to salvage this shambles.

Hope i'm wrong, and if I am, I will apologise when we're all at Pozbairds house for the Death of Rangers celebration party!

That'll be fcuking right! We'll need a 'big hoose' to host everyone... Jelly, ice cream and parlour games.... pinning the tail on the cockwomble, etc.

Perhaps a Thelma and Louise stylee double suicide with cheeky chirpy chappie Chico ?

I'll miss Chick if it's all true. He talks a load of pish at times, but would have loved to hear his reaction to what's happened to the former Rangers. As it is, Traynor will have to do.

Let's revisit a gem from Scotland's journalistic oracle Jim Traytor :

"It does not matter what fans say on social media. Football clubs do not listen to fans,they listen to Bank Managers and they will be telling them that they have to vote Rangers into the SPL".

(Borrowed from CE on RTC)

First part of his quote is actually correct... it wasn't expressions of outrage on P&B, Twitter etc. which galvanised clubs into action - it was the lobbying of supporters' trusts, the receipt of E-mails, letters and phonecalls from individuals, and at some clubs the lowering of ST sales. Granted much of that activity was promoted on places like here.

Where he was completely wrong is the middle and latter parts... assuming clubs wouldn't believe them/care, and would pick an uncertain financial hit with integrity over a more certain one without.

Why are the SFA requesting anything from Baron Greenback????

Shurely if he wants in, it's up to him to come up with it. If he doesn't, he doesn't get in !!!!

Possibly because in the scenario we're now in, the quicker this is sorted the better, but also the more conclusively the better.

Edited by HibeeJibee