Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I left for work when Wylde and Celik walked. Many hours later I'm home and have done my best to catch up on what I've missed so far. Doncaster and Young make tits of themselves, is that really all that's happened?

Admin statement

DAVID WHITEHOUSE of club administrators Duff and Phelps has made the following statement to the media this evening:

Today has been a very frustrating day. Earlier in the day, we believed we had agreed in principle a basis of cost-cutting measures with the players accepting substantial pay cuts and we are very grateful for their efforts in reaching that point.

Sadly this evening we have been unable to reach agreement on the personal conditions sought by the advisors to the players in respect of those wage cuts.

There is still some hope these issues can be resolved first thing in the morning but it is extremely disappointing we haven't been able to get there tonight

dry.gif

I left for work when Wylde and Celik walked. Many hours later I'm home and have done my best to catch up on what I've missed so far. Doncaster and Young make tits of themselves, is that really all that's happened?

Essentially that would seem to be the case unfortunately. Bartley was on tv and looked like a bit of a tit as well but Wylde and Celik are the only two who appear to have left today.

Surley HMRC have to now take control. After 21 days of Haudit & Daudit being in charge cost cutting has been non existent, 2 directors and 2 players. Earlier posts suggested that there are 8 people in the administration team, (so minimuim cost) say on £100 an hour 35 hours each a week - that's £3500 x 8 x 3 = £84000 in administrators cost so far but I'm pretty sure it's more.

It's remarkable that there's the clear feeling that the players are in charge of what's happening. The admin guys have already been paid more than a hundred grand, going by what's quoted as their fees, while each day they don't make cuts the club loses another £30-40k - in three weeks, more than £600k! It's fair enough they couldn't do things instantly because of the shambles of the financial situation but it's getting laughable.

how long can this go on 'til HMRC go back to the courts to get this mob chucked out? no other business would be getting away with these 'talks' & delaying tactics.

there are only so many ways this can go now, I can't see how Rangers can come out of this unscathed, they're in too much debt & too many investigations, even if they win the BTC.

1. NewCo admited to the SPL, to do this there would have to be some concession, an expansion to 14 would maybe get a few teams on board, Rangers would take the hit for a few years agreeing to less TV money to keep the existing teams on the same amount. This COULD see Celtic & Motherwell booted out the CL, no one playing in the EL & Scotland out of the WC qualifiers before they've even started, would be interesting to see the fans reaction then, Rangers given priority over Celtic AND Scotland.

2. The NewCo take over another team, I assume the priority targets (from what I've read, sorry fans of...) St Mirren or Cowndenbeath? The SFL changed their rules after Airdrie to make it much harder to buy a team out but Cowdenbeaths future looks grim with the lease on their stadium up next year, really poor crowds & an owner desperate for a way out. St Mirren also apparently looking to sell, UEFA might look similarly down on this too though.

3. The NewCo apply to the SFL for entry to the vacant space in division 3, a good chunk of the Rangers fans now seem to favour this as a massive FU to the SPL, however, as they won't have the required three years accounts so they'd STILL have to buy out a junior club to get their accounts. The SFL chairmen probably wouldn't stand in their way, seeing a paycheck in the future coming their way, doesn't matter what the fans think.

maybe I'm missing something but it seems like the people in charge are going to have to make a direct decision between a big TV deal & European football for all clubs & national teams for 3-5 years. Will they make a gamble on UEFA being soft on them? Scary thought. No matter what happens though, no one will listen to us, we don't matter, the chairmen, the media & the sponsors will all have their way. Sadly they will count on all of us being unable to just walk away (& for the most part they're probably right which is the saddest part of the whole thing)

Or merger with Berwick Rangers? As the big rangers the govanites can keep that part of their name. New name Berwick Rangers.

Sell ibronx to lidl then move to Sheilfield. The bluenoses get to play in England and nothing really changes for wee Rangers fans as being the host club they keep their history, titles and team colours. Everyones a winner :P

actually ... you might be on to something there ... don't Berwick Rangers have joint membership or the FA & SFA & have a team playing in some English lower league, if they could get away with it it would open their door to having a long term plan to getting in to the English system while seeing out the next decade in scotland :blink:

Edited by GoTeamGaz

Lets put it this way. Until yesterday, we'd barely heard a peep from him.

Yesterday, his employers met. Today, he's been all over the radio and print media like a rash.

Potentially coincidence. Potentially...

Whatever people think of Doncaster let's get one thing clear, if a newco Rangers are admitted directly into the SPL it will be because the chairmen/owners of the other SPL clubs bottle it.

It is no coincidence that Doncaster has come out today pointing to the re-admission of Rangers into SPL following a meeting of all 12 clubs yesterday. The SPL clubs will do anything to retain Rangers in SPL and safeguard the TV deal/league sponsorship. If they fail to do this a number of clubs could go to the wall. They also talked about amending their articles to address financial fair play issues. This could include a further points deductions. Some time ago Tom English, I think suggested that the most likely scenrio was the readmission of Rangers with a 10 point deduction at the start of the next three seasons. May not be far off the mark.

From the BBC:

There is a statement by administrator David Whitehouse on the Rangers website: "Today has been a very frustrating day. Earlier in the day, we believed we had agreed in principle a basis of cost-cutting measures with the players accepting substantial pay cuts and we are very grateful for their efforts in reaching that point.

"Sadly this evening we have been unable to reach agreement on the personal conditions sought by the advisors to the players in respect of those wage cuts.

"There is still some hope these issues can be resolved first thing in the morning but it is extremely disappointing we haven't been able to get there tonight."

Oh deal with it you inadequate fuckwits!

Take control of the situation and stop fannying about.

Pitiful stuff, it really is. I can't imagine a less effective team of adminstrators.

Another twitter update

BBCchrismclaug Back to redundancy option again at Murray Park tomorrow if no agreement in morning. 'several' players not happy with terms tonight #Rangers

I still dont see what players are unhappy about, Should it not be as simple as, take a wage cut or you'll be let go :huh:

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Dear Mr Rangers players - would you mind sharing a tea bag between the two of you?

No - ok then we will come back again tomorrow and ask if herbal tea is ok. If not them how about using sweetener instead of sugar? What you want Assam and not yorkshire tea!!

These muppets that call themselves Administrators have been castrated. Useless does not even come close. Ineffectual fuckwits!!!!

on SSN they are saying the negotiations are about what happens to sell on clauses & other bonuses in the summer, it's thought that the high earners want to negotiate a higher sell on clause in exchange for dropping the wages.

Administrators are not doing their jobs.

Have to agree with you,the only football i will be watching will be Match of the Day if Rangers are allowed to stay in the SPL.

Third division or nothing,thats what they deserve,cheating c**nts

Agreed.........if they are allowed to flaunt the rules so blatantly and come straight back debt free and relatively unpunished it will mean our league is nothing but a charade.

I think a fair few other fans will do similar....

Right, here's what is definately going to happen (FACT to be writtten at the end).

Liquidation will become the only option once the taxman loses his patience and intervenes. Rangers will stall til the end of the season and the clubs will meet to vote on whether to re-submit new Rangers to the SPL.

Doncaster: "Alright lads, shouldn't take too long. I've given the media all that patter about SPL or nothing so we can get this sorted pronto. Don't worry, once we get the vote done we can knock up a few wee punishments to keep UEFA and all they c***s happy. There's nae danger those wee teuchtar gayboys in the football league are getting in on my TV deal so we all have to vote them in today or it's no more Rangers. I obviously don't have to remind you all about how much you all need them and how entitled they are. Yous ken the drill anyway. Let's batter on.

Those who object to reinstating Rangers (lolz) please say aye..."

Captain Rod and Vlad: AYE!

125607-217882-OmgRageFacepng-620x.jpg

Rod: "Things to meet, people to do arseholes. Ta ta."

*Rod stands up, pulls on a pair of f**k off 'Deal With IT' shades and pimp strolls straight out.*

FACT!

I havent heard much praise on here, unlike all the journos, about the great sacrifice that Wilde and Celik made today. Have you guys no shame?

Wilde was on £4k a week and would be dropping that by 50% to £2k a week to stay with a club that has no chance of winning anything for years assuming it even continues to exist. And if it continues to exist his £2k is not guaranteed. In the meantime his agent has touted him around The Championship with several clubs all interested. Will any of them be offering him just £2k a week? Dont think so. He left because it suited him. But of course I am just a cynical fan as the media are telling us that he paid the ultimate price. The final sacrifice for the team. He walked away.

If I have read this wrong correct me, but once the 11 SPL clubs vote, it goes to the SPL board- who then have the final say- so it is possible the clubs say no but SPL board of 6 vote through?

Doncaster said on radio tonight that the SPL Board would make the decision. He didnt mention anything about the rest having any say whatsoever.