Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This cascade of SPL clubs declaring their position is now looking suspiciously like a carve up.

The SPL clubs are due to meet on Thursday to discuss the 4th July meeting. In the meantime, the SFA have issued a statement about talks on league reconstruction and the Thistle chairman has tested the waters with a couple of puff pieces in the papers about how great it would be to have reorganisation and maybe Rangers could be part of that.

We are being set up. Clear as day.

The SPL clubs will cope with the inconvenience of no Rangers for a season and we get thrown the bone of SPL2, telly money and a play off. That stinks to high heaven.

With the amount of mails Beattie at Thistle has had from ST holders and pay at the gate fans, I think his stance is changing the club even issued a statement on Saturday or Sunday to say it would meet the fans before any decision was made

Clubs like Partick Thistle have everything to gain and nothing to lose by rejecting them from the first division. The second biggest club in Glasgow, with a chance of promotion to the SPL, and lots of (the less-bigoted variety of) ex-Rangers fans looking for a team to support - it's a big opportunity. Not really sure what the clubs like Peterhead would do, since I gather it would be a vote of all SFL clubs, not just Div. 1.

How many Rangers fans are going to move club to D1 with Thistle? I suspect they'll support whatever Zombie Rangers emerges and plays as or Chelsea / Man U / Everton etc.

How many folk expected a point where there would be no Rangers in the SPL?

The clubs would have dearly loved to have just slotted them back in, no questions asked, but the scrutiny from supporters meant that wasn't allowed to happen. SFL fans can do the same. And why would SFL3 clubs vote for proposals which include introducing a pyramid?

Not strictly true.........................apart from the financial side of things, I'm sure every club would have wanted them punished and punted.

How many Rangers fans are going to move club to D1 with Thistle? I suspect they'll support whatever Zombie Rangers emerges and plays as or Chelsea / Man U / Everton etc.

Its probably better than evens that there will be no zombie Rangers next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that. Salted into the ground.

That's if a Zombie Rangers ever does emerge, which is even less likely if they're rejected from div. 1. Even then, they might end up as a semi-pro club with the same name, perhaps crippled by the running costs of Ibrox, yo-yoing between div 2 and 3 for a few seasons. They would draw the ultra hardcore maybe (though they appear to be anti-Green), but there's no doubt a big chunk of Rangers fans who'll just want to go and watch some half-decent football on a Saturday. Opportunity there for some clubs (obv. not just in Glasgow!)

Edited by deerokus

How many folk expected a point where there would be no Rangers in the SPL?

The clubs would have dearly loved to have just slotted them back in, no questions asked, but the scrutiny from supporters meant that wasn't allowed to happen. SFL fans can do the same. And why would SFL3 clubs vote for proposals which include introducing a pyramid?

Only last week the scotsman was predicting that their was not enough 'NO' Votes to stop them getting back in the SPL.

Many posters on here predicted that every club in the SPL would vote 'YES'

Now we have this 1st division nonsense on the go.

Their is more obstacles to putting them in the 1st division than there was in getting back into the SPL.

Its a good idea that fans keep the pressure on to stop any clubs in the SFL.

They will not get into the SPL.

The most likely scenario is that they will be in the 3rd division with some kind of further sanction.

Sky & ESPN deal will continue for next season with the value of the Old firms taken out 4m down.

Once they are out of the SPL the clubs will vote to scrap the 11-1 vote.

The SPL clubs will then announce a review of some kind of a working group to setup SPL TV.

I don't think there will be any kind of league reconstruction before the start of the new season.

There is only 1 big decision yet and thats who gets promoted Dundee/Dunfermline for some

reason Neil Doncaster does not want to confirm but he suggested it would be dundee.

These pessimists are getting really tiresome now.

At every stage there's been whiners with no evidence who spouted foundless pish like "HMRC will accept the CVA", "The SPL clubs will vote them in without batting an eyelid", "It's a stitch up" etc etc.

Embrace the revolution for f**k sake, you are living in the new order of Scottish Football.

I am beginning to take this approach too. For all the bleating over the last few months, the authorities haven't actually really bent any rules for Rangers yet. In fact, the only time you could say they did was with the transfer embargo punishment rather than suspension, and look what happened when they did that.

Not in the short term, but if there is literally no Rangers then in 10 years time surely more Glaswegian kids will be supporting Thistle. The same could probably be true in Paisley, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc. I'm not talking thousands, but there will be increases when kids have to glory hunt elsewhere.

Embrace the revolution for f**k sake, you are living in the new order of Scottish Football.

Another for VT's list. Nazi reference (+previously Joy Division and afore that Warsaw)..........

Why are Club 12 fans still believing in this "we don't do walking away" pish? They will be lucky to get crowds of 10,000 in the lower leagues just like in the 1980s when they were shite. Do they not realise they are just glory-hunting tossers? I guess we'll soon find out when "Inverness/Aberdeen/Dundee/Ayrshire Bears" and co. stop "follow following" on cold Wednesday nights against teams like Annan Athletic.

Edited by Paulo Sergio

Why are Club 12 fans still believing in this "we don't do walking away" pish? They will be lucky to get crowds of 10,000 in the lower leagues just like in the 1980s when they were shite. Do they not realise they are just glory-hunting tossers? We'll soon see if "Inverness/Aberdeen/Dundee/Ayrshire Bears" and co. continue to 'follow follow' on cold Wednesday nights to Annan Athletic.

Rangers were never 'Club 12'. It was an aspiration, like a nice car.