Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The wig speaks

Rangers liquidation: Newco must forget SPL, says Gordon Smith

Published on Monday 25 June 2012 00:00

Former Rangers Director of Football Gordon Smith has called on Charles Green’s newco to withdraw its application to the SPL and volunteer to start again in the Scottish Football League First Division.

Smith said: “If I had still been at Ibrox, that is the route I would have been recommending.

“As a Rangers fan, I find it embarrassing the club has put the rest of Scottish football in this position.”

The 11 existing SPL clubs, plus Rangers, will meet on 4 July to discuss whether the so-called newco Rangers, owned by Green’s Sevco consortium, should be allowed to play in the SPL next season. If the clubs vote no Rangers would have to apply to the SFL and could begin again in the Third Division. The Scottish Football Association is currently trying to push through proposals to merge the SPL and SFL with Rangers admitted to a new First Division or SPL2.

And Smith said: “I would really like to see Rangers to make a strong statement by saying: ‘Listen, we will go down and start again’. I believe it would be a great gesture and one with real symbolism. They would be saying, we know we have done wrong and we are taking our punishment.”

unfortunatley I think a couple of those on RM have a (unintentional) point

why exactly are all these chairmen falling over themselves to say no - they have not heard what the proposal is yet - there has been absolutely no mention of what sanctions would consitiute a yes vote & that, to my mind, in highly suspicious.

I put it to you all that there wont be a vote, the chairmen already know this so can happily say they'd come out & say no to gain favour with the fans

The SFA will steamroller in before the vote takes place & remove both the SPL & SFL from the picture, there will be not voting on it, it'll be like it or lump it (& by god will they f**king love it) Rangers will wnd up in whatever they decide is teir 2 as acceptance of the transfer of their SFA membership, the chairmen will say it was taken out of their hands & they had no choice.

read all the articles coming out, they are all hinting at it, a plan is being made, discussions are underway, top level meetings we are having the wool pulled over our eyes and the chairmen are praying enough people go 'ah well, it wasn't my chairmans fault so I can keep going' - ask your self this, before coming out & saying no, when was the last time your chairman was upfront, honest, public facing or seen to be doing something in the interests of the fans?

the deal is already done

I'd tend to agree with all of that. I can't see how a 'newco' can just get placed into the first division if they can't meet all of the criteria.

Whatever, there will be hell to pay for.if an SPL2 is created and 'newco' is in - fans will desert the game in their droves.

Somehow I don't think that the SFA & club chairmen actually realise the strength of feeling against a 'newco' rangers and are, once again, treating the fans with total disrespect..

I know there will be much falling out with fans over this, but I have come up with a masterplan which might suit all.

If 'newco' do indeed get into an SPL 2 then do not recognise them.

fans can still buy their own clubs season-tickets, pay at the gate, buy merchandise etc but boycott all games v 'newco'

empyty home terracings/stands would speak volumes - do not recognise this newco club, treat them as if they do not exist

rather than divide the fans over the issue, I think this would actually unite many, and would show the level of solidarity between every single club outside 'newco'

thoughts ?

Edited by Wokcomble

... we are having the wool pulled over our eyes... when was the last time your chairman was upfront, honest, public facing or seen to be doing something in the interests of the fans?

This, something that sounds too good to be true IS too good to be true.

Well Rangers FC are dead: how many hand-wringing 'they'll find a way out of this' posts were garbled together between February and June? Didn't matter: they are dead.

it's like the description of Velociraptor attacks in Jurrasic Park, 'raptor A stands in front, & gets your attention by staring you out (SPL, SFL, 'the vote' cockwomble) while 'raptor B waits in the wings to broadside you when you least expect it (the SFA)

we need to stand strong & let the authorities know we will not be Jurrasic Park'd

or something

Ye we get it, your anti-rangers, have a cookie.

You're right to be intimidated by posters with more than a couple of working brain cells and a line in trite, irrelevant defeatism.

Don't think you'll enjoy this thread then.

You're right to be intimidated by posters with more than a couple of working brain cells and a line in trite, irrelevant defeatism.

Don't think you'll enjoy this thread then.

Yes I am intimidated by internet tough men like urself.

Did this teapot not appear for an interview at Hampden a couple of weeks ago stating "Rangers" will and must be in the SPL next season?

When are thesee goons going to realise that SFL1 is not "starting again" and nor is SFL3.....this sweet-talking Zombie FC into the highest league possible is not going to wash.

Does the SFL not have a rule about clubs giving 12 months notice of leaving so how could we have an SPL2 within a shorter timeframe.

More cracking posts on RM about the Hibs decision .

Talking about how they managed to pay for george Best not with an EBT was my first thoughts.

hemdale1873

• Arthur Numan
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

Group:

True Blue

Topics:

Rep:

16-February 10

Male

Glasgow

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

snapback.pngLegendofCoop, on 24 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ah, but Sporting Integrity MUST shine through. Even if they are not around to see it happen!

If one club in the spl can't talk about integrity taking big jock newco out of the equation of coarse then it's Motherwell.

Sacked 19 players and a large number of non playing staff and paid them nothing in return, this after signing players they knew they would never be able to afford etc.

Also where was all the talk of integrity when Aberdeen wormed their way out of religation on a technicality.

Spl can go feck themselves....

and then this little gem about 'Well , oh the irony, Motherwell had to lay off those players and staff to achieve a CVA.Rangers while in administration did none of those things and are now trying to use those players as part of an asset stripping venture. What no one has mentioned is that these clubs have over stretched themselves attempting to catch up with the Rangers revolution. No one had any inclination of how this was being funded. There is a lot of talk about clubs going to the wall without the glorious Rangers to bankroll them, however I think this is an ideal opportunity to regain some financial restraint and sensibilities. The Murray era( and that in my view includes Whyte) isn't just to blame for the death of Rangers but it has forced others to be pressured into following the same dangerous path all be it without the illegal activity.

Edited by FinnesTON

Does the SFL not have a rule about clubs giving 12 months notice of leaving so how could we have an SPL2 within a shorter timeframe.

presumably, it's the only way I can think it'd work, the SFA can revoke the SPL & SFL's licences to run a league ... which there will be no fight against because they've already 'shook hands on an agreement - DR'

The irony being the thing that will rescue nuRangers will be a newco league

Edited by GoTeamGaz

Yes I am intimidated by internet tough men like urself.

Nobody's being an 'Internet tough man' here kiddo. But it seems you have nothing relevant to say on the situation so by all means continue scrambling for relevance, somehow.

A forthright letter has been sent to Mr Rae: GMFC has absolutely no place in pandering to this disgusting club.

More cracking posts on RM about the Hibs decision .

Talking about how they managed to pay for george Best not with an EBT was my first thoughts.

hemdale1873

• Arthur Numan
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

Group:

True Blue

Topics:

Rep:

16-February 10

Male

Glasgow

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

snapback.pngLegendofCoop, on 24 June 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Ah, but Sporting Integrity MUST shine through. Even if they are not around to see it happen!

If one club in the spl can't talk about integrity taking big jock newco out of the equation of coarse then it's Motherwell.

Sacked 19 players and a large number of non playing staff and paid them nothing in return, this after signing players they knew they would never be able to afford etc.

Also where was all the talk of integrity when Aberdeen wormed their way out of religation on a technicality.

Spl can go feck themselves....

and then this little gem about 'Well , oh the irony, Motherwell had to lay off those players and staff to achieve a CVA.Rangers while in administration did none of those things and are now trying to use those players as part of an asset stripping venture. What no one has mentioned is that these clubs have over stretched themselves attempting to catch up with the Rangers revolution. No one had any inclination of how this was being funded. There is a lot of talk about clubs going to the wall without the glorious Rangers to bankroll them, however I think this is an ideal opportunity to regain some financial restraint and sensibilities. The Murray era( and that in my view includes Whyte) isn't just to blame for the death of Rangers but it has forced others to be pressured into following the same dangerous path all be it without the illegal activity.

JB chased a dream, fucked it up. We paid off everyone we could, which would happen in any business and offered, at least a realistic CVA. Played the season out and finished bottom, only to survive on a technicality. All within the law, certainly not nice what happened to the players, but having been made redundant myself once, thats life.

Since then the club has been run pretty well, we sign frees and youth development and sell for profit and aside of all the recent sacre mongering are in a healthy position.

Old Rangers on the other hand........

Free the John McVeigh is a titS