Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thought it might be worth keeping track of the 'ever hard done by' Sevco. Here's a squad list (taken from Sky) with notes for those rejected the switch to newco/out of contract. If there's any errors, please feel free to correct.

Goalkeepers

Alan McGregor - Rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Neil Alexander - Out of contract

Scott Gallacher

Grant Adam

Defenders

Dorin Goian

Kirk Broadfoot

Sasa Papac - out of contract

Lee Wallace

Steven Whittaker - rejected switch to newco

Carlos Bocanegra - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco/on verge of signing for Toronto

Ross Perry

Chris Hegary - out of contract

Darren Cole - out of contract

Midfielders

Lee McCulloch - rumoured to be staying

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Alejandro Bedoya

John Fleck

Jamie Ness

Salim Kerkar

Kyle Hutton

Andrew Mitchell

Rhys McCable - rejected switch to Newco

Robbie Crawford

Lewis MacLeod

Barry McKay

Juan Ortiz

Strikers

Kyle Lafferty - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Steven Naismith - rejected switch to newco

David Healy - out of contract

Andrew Little - out of contract

Sone Aluko - rejected switch to newco

Kane Hemmings

If I've missed any OOC players, or indeed any other players, feel free to update. I'll keep this up to date as best I can.

Aluko is out of contract as well.

My opinion is that Sevco should be treated within the rules. So they should be allowed to apply for the third division spot, and their application should be considered alongside any other potential candidates, on its merits. There are rules in place, and they should be kept to. I wouldn't be opposed to them starting in division 3. No higher though.

Oh they can apply, but there must be no precedent for letting Walter Mitty led phoenix clubs back into the league. It must be rejected.

Thought it might be worth keeping track of the 'ever hard done by' Sevco. Here's a squad list (taken from Sky) with notes for those rejected the switch to newco/out of contract. If there's any errors, please feel free to correct.

Goalkeepers

Alan McGregor - Rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Neil Alexander - Out of contract

Scott Gallacher

Grant Adam

Defenders

Dorin Goian

Kirk Broadfoot

Sasa Papac - out of contract

Lee Wallace

Steven Whittaker - rejected switch to newco

Carlos Bocanegra - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco/on verge of signing for Toronto

Ross Perry

Chris Hegary - out of contract

Darren Cole - out of contract

Midfielders

Lee McCulloch - rumoured to be staying

Maurice Edu

Steven Davis - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Alejandro Bedoya

John Fleck

Jamie Ness

Salim Kerkar

Kyle Hutton

Andrew Mitchell

Rhys McCable - rejected switch to Newco

Robbie Crawford

Lewis MacLeod

Barry McKay

Juan Ortiz

Strikers

Kyle Lafferty - rumoured to be rejecting switch to newco

Steven Naismith - rejected switch to newco

David Healy - out of contract

Andrew Little - out of contract

Sone Aluko - rejected switch to newco

Kane Hemmings

If I've missed any OOC players, or indeed any other players, feel free to update. I'll keep this up to date as best I can.

you should pit this as a seperate thread,pinned ,and keep it updaterdbiggrin.gif

If newco Rangers were denied the chance to play in the SFL then surely they would have to start at the bottom of the Second Division in the Juniors Central League. Well Maryhill are in that league and i dont want the moronic Rangers fans coming anywhere near the ground on a Saturday at 2pm. We have a decent ground with very good fans and a very pleasant atmosphere and i dont want their polluted filth pouring out wrecking the place.

Junior clubs No to Newco.

Aluko is out of contract as well.

I left him as I'm sure Rangers (oldco) have the option to extend it by a year if they so wish. I'd assume they'll take that option up, considering the massive deal they're making of him rejecting the switch.

you should pit this as a seperate thread,pinned ,and keep it updaterdbiggrin.gif

That's not a bad point actually...

Think I might leave it for now, may provide some light relief for us all when we inevitably hit a downer again. :ph34r:

Oh they can apply, but there must be no precedent for letting Walter Mitty led phoenix clubs back into the league. It must be rejected.

So if Gretna applied?

No, I disagree with you here, although I agree that they must not be allowed into the first through some jiggery pokery and rule manipulation. If Rangers apply, they should be considered fairly alongside any other applicants. I see no problem with them having a chance to apply, as long as the rules are all adhered to.

Eta, thats the rules from both sides, them AND the SFL.

Edited by xbl

So if Gretna applied?

Gretna can apply, but they wouldn't stand a chance of getting in. Airdrie United were officially rejected, though it has been said that it was with a nod and a wink in Clydebank's direction. Sevco are no different: their league status will become void, they should not be allowed back in. Fester in the Juniors and, like Clydebank, try and build a new setup.

Or just fold and take their cretinous support on a one-way journey to the centre of the sun.

If Rangers apply, they should be considered fairly alongside any other applicants. I see no problem with them having a chance to apply, as long as the rules are all adhered to.

That would be considering them fairly. Taking into account sporting integrity, their application must not succeed. Another applicant would get the spot.

Edited by vikingTON

Good post. Still think there are more twists and turns to come in this story. Best to keep our feet on the ground at this time. :(

A 50,000 debt free hunbrox can still outspend the best of the rest in the SPL by 4 to 1. All the more reason to ensure the punishment fits the crime.

unfortunatley I think a couple of those on RM have a (unintentional) point

why exactly are all these chairmen falling over themselves to say no - they have not heard what the proposal is yet - there has been absolutely no mention of what sanctions would consitiute a yes vote & that, to my mind, in highly suspicious.

I put it to you all that there wont be a vote, the chairmen already know this so can happily say they'd come out & say no to gain favour with the fans

The SFA will steamroller in before the vote takes place & remove both the SPL & SFL from the picture, there will be not voting on it, it'll be like it or lump it (& by god will they f**king love it) Rangers will wnd up in whatever they decide is teir 2 as acceptance of the transfer of their SFA membership, the chairmen will say it was taken out of their hands & they had no choice.

read all the articles coming out, they are all hinting at it, a plan is being made, discussions are underway, top level meetings we are having the wool pulled over our eyes and the chairmen are praying enough people go 'ah well, it wasn't my chairmans fault so I can keep going' - ask your self this, before coming out & saying no, when was the last time your chairman was upfront, honest, public facing or seen to be doing something in the interests of the fans?

the deal is already done

From Charles Green: "Rangers is still Rangers and players, above all, should know that.''

I think McCoist has been saying similar recently as well.

Surely this is prima facie evidence that sevco are trying to create a business which is identical to all intents and purposes to the one which has just walked away from £££££££££££ of debt?

From Charles Green: "Rangers is still Rangers and players, above all, should know that.''

I think McCoist has been saying similar recently as well.

Surely this is prima facie evidence that sevco are trying to create a business which is identical to all intents and purposes to the one which has just walked away from £££££££££££ of debt?

chap at the door at 6am???laugh.gif

The SFA will steamroller in before the vote takes place & remove both the SPL & SFL from the picture, there will be not voting on it, it'll be like it or lump it (& by god will they f**king love it) Rangers will wnd up in whatever they decide is teir 2 as acceptance of the transfer of their SFA membership, the chairmen will say it was taken out of their hands & they had no choice.

I don't think there is enought time to fiddle about like that.

The merger will happen before 4th August and that is all.

why exactly are all these chairmen falling over themselves to say no - they have not heard what the proposal is yet - there has been absolutely no mention of what sanctions would consitiute a yes vote & that, to my mind, in highly suspicious.

Because you can't vote a new team straight into the top division of a football league - it's perverse! No sanctions would cover over such a farcical breaking of sporting rules and ethics, and the chairmen know the fans won't stand for it!

Even considering such a scenario is the chairmen holding up their middle finger to all their customers, and slowly they're beginning to realise that the customer might be right.

With 3 definite No to Newco statements now, the next club to declare No will leave us in a position where the only way Newco can play in the SPL is if.....

Celtic vote yes.

St Johnstone are a definite no too, but I doubt we'll publish a statement.

He has been full of shit at every turn.

Why does he insist in phrasing it 'walking away' could he not say leaving, as he just seems like a comedy figure the only thing missing is he isn't called John Paul Green.

The guy just seems too good not to be a parody.