Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Which chairman want's to be a massive hero of Scottish footballs non cheating clubs?

Should be a decent clamber to be number 5jerry.gif

I'm holding out for a hero,

A hero 'til the morning light.

He's gotta' be tall,

And he's gotta' be strong,

And he knows that a Newco is shite.

Sing along now... :P

Exactly where will the challenge come from? Last time I looked any challenge has been snuffed out by HMRC.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just think Celtic might lack something without Rangers around. Plus the others only have to negotiate one half of the OF now and put a good run together against the rest.

Pains me to say it, but the best of the rest could be United, with Hearts' cutbacks.

We must be nearing the endgame here as the we're all in this together vibes are disappearing fast!

Favourite quote from today's coverage.

"The new company has only just started and there is no history for us there"

Steven Whittaker

Well said that man. The whole thing has moved to the grubby deal to put them straight into Division One. But once the player exodus starts what sort of state are they going to be in? Good times

http://www.newsnow.c. ..83649495?-11344

The most interesting part of this interview with Green is where he says that the SFA have given him guidance supporting his stance on the players! I doubt this is true but interesting the line he is taking. Sounds like bluster but knowing the Scottish authorities you never know

"The SFA has been considering the issue and has issued a preliminary guidance note on registration issues. That note has made it clear that it is open to the club to challenge the actions of the players."

He has been full of shit at every turn.

He has been full of shit at every turn.

True, but he is good entertainment value. However, this sounds as though there may be a ring of truth to it. Not legally, but perhaps Campbell has given him some kind of meaningless assurance. Keeps the interest up for another few days.:lol:

I'll tell you what I'll do with you....I'll put the link up once you've put the link up to Sky saying "we're a media company, we don't get involved".

Here is me putting up the link:

Has this actually been proven (the 4 OF games)? And have sky actually stated this? Last I heard was "we're a media company, we don't get involved", and them saying they had no intention of walking away from Scottish footbal? So do you have actual proof of the above?

Edited to add, this appears to be what they are saying:

http://www.dailymail...ug-TV-deal.html

If you have anything better though, by all means, share it.

Here is what the link said:

Sportsmail's source also stressed that Sky would not try to influence the outcome of the current crisis.

'We have, in the past, been asked for our opinions, but we believe that football should be run by the football authorities. We are a TV company,' he said.

Here is proof that you read my link:

Firstly, what was the point in putting that link up cos it doesn't contradict anything I said? On the contrary my little friend, it appears to back it up. They stated they would have to renegotiate the contract if there was no OF games. No influence though, right?

Secondly, the "we're a media company, we don't get involved line"....do you reckon they just drew up a contract with no t&c's in it?

As far as proving the bit about them actually stating the bit about the 4 OF games I have to say I don't actually have the Sky/SPL contract at hand. I think I left it upstairs but I can't be bothered going to get it.

Here is what you said before 5pm today:

Sky have already stated that they could survive without 'Rangers' for 1 season but no more.

Now, I've done my bit, your turn. Lets see that link you said you would put up?

Edited by xbl

I did. You read it. You commented on the link. Your turn.

If the Sky source that I read that said they can go without Rangers for a year is the same Sky source in the article in your link then we've both been led up the garden path cos the contradictions are staggering.

Two more votes against and The Rangers have to go to Div 3, never mind these pathetic deals to save them. Newco HAS to start again on the bottom rung if rejected by the SPL.

The bottom rung is not SFL3. Sevco 2088 can apply for the vacant spot if they wish, but it should be rejected out of hand by all clubs. I have no idea why some mewling sycophants view the Third Division as the right place for a phoenix club. They must be kicked out into the wilderness of the Juniors. This CAN happen if everyone maintains the pressure.

If the Sky source that I read that said they can go without Rangers for a year is the same Sky source in the article in your link then we've both been led up the garden path cos the contradictions are staggering.

And what source did you read? This is what we've been waiting for for quite a while now.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=223837

Get it fucking right up yea. You c***s

Priceless. The nongee from Lochgelly has Sir Tom Hunter (a bit of a Rangers fan, I once heard) confused with Sir Tom Farmer (papal knight, knight of the realm and a bit of a Hibbee).

Oops!

rolleyes.gif

The bottom rung is not SFL3. Sevco 2088 can apply for the vacant spot if they wish, but it should be rejected out of hand by all clubs.

I'm sorry but Sevco 2088 is reserved for either Motherwell or Killie. There is, however, a Sevco 5088 mooching around the gutter of Scottish Football. I take it you meant them?

The bottom rung is not SFL3. Sevco 2088 can apply for the vacant spot if they wish, but it should be rejected out of hand by all clubs. I have no idea why some mewling sycophants view the Third Division as the right place for a phoenix club. They must be kicked out into the wilderness of the Juniors. This CAN happen if everyone maintains the pressure.

My opinion is that Sevco should be treated within the rules. So they should be allowed to apply for the third division spot, and their application should be considered alongside any other potential candidates, on its merits. There are rules in place, and they should be kept to. I wouldn't be opposed to them starting in division 3. No higher though.