Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have no idea why people think the league size is going to suddenly change as a result of this.

We will have a 12 team top flight next year. The SFA's preference is to go to 10 at some point. All of the moves the SFA have suggested are positive moves for the game, but it would be wrong to make them for the wrong reasons. It may prove academic though, if Green can't actually put together a viable football club.

Am I missing something huge when I say of Rangers do or don't play football in the 3rd Division next year they will not have truely faced any punishment?

Surely them gaining an SFL place is not a punishment as they liquidated and had to re-apply?

Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSportSFA, SPL and SFL confirm talks have taken place re. league reconstruction. Consultation with all clubs 2 now take place

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9403358.stm

like these talks in 2011. I don't think its going to happen although the Daily Record seems to think it will.

All these reporters getting excited about league reconstruction talks do they remember how

long it takes to sort something like this out.

For any fans of Doncaster have a look at this(he says that their is broad support for

a ten team league. like all the articles just now what a lying waste of space)

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9359765.stm

I guess we have a 10 team SPL what a load of bollocks.

Edited by RotWeissEssen

WTF, John McVeigh is a tit Tight John McVeigh is a tit

Right GD, forget all this NEWCO shit, how did you do that?

If this was Rangers Media, I know it would be a *****s fault, maybe one that is head of the BBC, or The Daily Rhebel or the UN or the IMF. But its not, whats your secret?

Minge. :P

Am I missing something huge when I say of Rangers do or don't play football in the 3rd Division next year they will not have truely faced any punishment?

Surely them gaining an SFL place is not a punishment as they liquidated and had to re-apply?

but they are a new club so what can they be punished for? They have lost there history and are starting again.

80million over 5 years is the current TV deal, no other TV company can match that, clubs have budgeted for this money, hence why Motherwell are already stating the TV loss is considerable

And ive been saying this for months now, if SKY and ESPN go sponsors for clubs will quickly think to negotiate their deals as the reduction in exposure wont be worth the money they are giving clubs

PISH, Vlad is right, Sky have got cut price for years, EPL a fucking billion quid, geez a break, Newcastle vs Wigan is no better than DU vs SJ. FACT!!!

John McVeigh is a tit

laugh.gif

Seriously, this is not funny. This is some sort of conspiracy. Rules for some and not for others! If this was any other part of the female anatomy they would be voted back in without sanctions! Just because its a Tight M1nge your throwing us out. Your all against us But we are WATM's you'll never keep us down. You'll miss us when were in DIV3 and when we take our rightful place at the head of the table again you'll all be shrivelled up and gone!

PISH, Vlad is right, Sky have got cut price for years, EPL a fucking billion quid, geez a break, Newcastle vs Wigan is no better than DU vs SJ. FACT!!!

3 billion actually.

But you're talking pish anyway - Newcastle have some fantastic players, way better than SPL standard.

laugh.gif

Seriously, this is not funny. This is some sort of conspiracy. Rules for some and not for others! If this was any other part of the female anatomy they would be voted back in without sanctions! Just because its a Tight M1nge your throwing us out. Your all against us But we are WATM's you'll never keep us down. You'll miss us when were in DIV3 and when we take our rightful place at the head of the table again you'll all be shrivelled up and gone!

Save Motherwell, they gave us 5 points last season!

Kill St Mirren instead, the basturds!

Edited by DuntoiRab

3 billion actually.

But you're talking pish anyway - Newcastle have some fantastic players, way better than SPL standard.

Aye but the game I saw on i'ternet was no better than SPL, batter it up the park.

Being paid into Rangers FC bank account, not Sevco 5088 accounts :whistle

But that is what it is founded upon, even though there is no bank a/cs :o...............

Ok seeing as we are getting pedantic ...

Oldco maybe facing extinction but they have not officially been liquidated as of yet. (matter of time, unless the liquidators have finally wound them up and I missed that ??????)

As it stands oldco still exists as a company in administration ???

Edit: as regards a relegation clause there is no need. Not everything requires to be written into a contract. It can be argued that 'it was understood that Rangers would be playing in the SPL since it was highly unlikely they would be relegated.

Rangers would have to insert a clause that the contract would be binding if such a scenario happened. Contracts have to be clearly defined for such a change in circumstances for them to be legally binding on both parties, especially if the unexpected happens.

Contracts are not one-way streets and it can be argued neither Rangers nor the players foreseen this scenario happening.

( Well you could probably argue RANKERS seen it coming :D )

They won't get out of TUPE.

But, for Hearts or any of the other diddies, the arrogance disappears when your clubs stops winning. With the OF, it doesn't.

No it doesn't. The amount of SAF rednose supporters who now support Man Utd is unreal. Gloryhunting bigots.

I got an immediate flash of him, both Andys and a bottle of Grouse plotting world domination in an office at Palmerston! :D :D

Take more than 1 bottle of low flyers...

Ohhh look, page 2100! Goody.

Minge

Shudder.................

Edited by wunfellaff

SFA, SPL and SFL issue joint statement on SFA website. Look's like they are implementing Henry McLeish's vision. Therefore, no change in League sizes but the implementation of play offs and wealth distribution. http://www.scottishf...ewsCategoryID=1

step in the right direction, but should NOT be used as an excuse to allow Sevco5088 into either the SPL or 1st Division.

Prob should be a separate thread for all of Doncasters quotes but if you at his history of

talking crap is prob unrivalled which fits in with what will happen to rangers.

I predict that sometime during this process he will give an interview that will lose

most of SPL fans through mass head explosion.

Hibs to be relegated as we go to ten team league.

Cockwomble predicts league of ten

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9338483.stm

Doncaster conceded that supporters broadly favour expansion but argued that the numbers just do not add up.

"We have to acknowledge that the popular vote is for a larger league but you can't just ask the question in isolation," he explained.

"If you put it to them that your club will lose at least £1m [calculations based on loss of TV revenue and fewer fixtures] then it doesn't look very attractive.

"It's imperative that we bring more money in, we get the best players that we can afford and that fans see more exciting football."

Edited by RotWeissEssen

SFA, SPL and SFL issue joint statement on SFA website. Look's like they are implementing Henry McLeish's vision. Therefore, no change in League sizes but the implementation of play offs and wealth distribution. http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10101&newsCategoryID=1

Taking this statement at face value I have absolutely no problem with it.

If what it really means is "we're going to quickly restructure in time for the start of the season to accommodate the tax dodgers" then I think these bodies have just declared war on Scottish football fans. We have to make sure that it's a war they don't win.

Guest Pampered Adolescent

From a hibs perspective we could gift them points and sign crap players thus getting them more prize money.

We could also do a deal like we did with Ross County and buy martin scott for 100k then loan him back and

cover most of his wages.

Aberdeen have more than done their bit , paying to take two manager off them.

Part of the new TV deal should prob involve putting motherwell - hibs on the telly as

its the most exciting game of the season and we deserve some extra cash.

Maybe I am missing something.....wasn't a certain Motherwell-Hibs game a few years back the most exciting game of the season? Or maybe ANY SPL season? The one where Lucas Jutkiewicz scored, THE best SPL goal ever, in the 94th minute after his team were FOUR goals down?

Or maybe I was dreaming that night?

Must admit it's late for me now....staying up for the Euro game wi a few Suntorys......

PA

Hard to read that statement, the woman on the right was staring at me all the time and Andy Goram certainly had bigger tits!

Anyway, the key principals look fine. Maybe the timing is questionable, but an overhaul of the game in Scotland can only be god in the long run.

Edited by Tight minge

Maybe I am missing something.....wasn't a certain Motherwell-Hibs game a few years back the most exciting game of the season? Or maybe ANY SPL season? The one where Lucas Jutkiewicz scored, THE best SPL goal ever, in the 94th minute after his team were FOUR goals down?

Or maybe I was dreaming that night?

Must admit it's late for me now....staying up for the Euro game wi a few Suntorys......

PA

That is the point I was making. Motherwell should get some extra TV cash for being part of

the most exciting SPL fixture. Maybe I am missing something.