Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

a loss of 900k cannot be covered by fans simply buying more tickets and merchandise, i said right at the start that it would cost clubs nearly a million in one fell swoop and there wouldnt be time to recover

£900k is worst case though, really.

Do you really honestly believe Sky and ESPN will both go "Thanks but no thanks" or do you think there would be a renegotiated deal instead? If both Sky and ESPN both just walked and lost interest entirely, do you think that the BBC, STV or maybe Premier Sports wouldn't be interested in a cut price deal?

I can't believe this far down the line we're still persisting with the "Yeah, there will be a TV blackout of Scottish football without Rangers" myth. Nobody wants to cover Celtic matches? The Edinburgh derby? Really?

Think back to the BBC years. The world didn't end back then.

Just had a glance at the statement, never read it in any detail. I'm pre-occupied with the inability to write the word m1nge here. I'm quite sure the figures would stack up, but it does not mention the offset of a replacement club coming in, new TV deal, etc, etc. So there is no doubt there would be a loss but I don't believe as much as as the £900+ stated.

On a simialr note amazing to see the press quoting fans websites as sources of information, what a world we live in now.

Free the m1nge!

Minge

I just brings it all home :(

nV7Dh.png

But never fear this heartwarming tale will make it all better.

AdbAZ.png

Okey Dokey is a friend of a friend and is Rangers through n Through. He has travelled the World watching Rangers and i feel for people like him. I know next season wherever we are playing i will be there alongside Okey Dokey and a few other true Rangers supporters

As for the other guy...I suppose his superiority complex will see him through this time and he will probably end up supporting Man City or Chelsea and in a few years will be asking 'Rangers who?'

It's the Daily Record who have printed blatant lies from the start of this sorry episode. What has happened the payments to referees that was brought up about a week ago.

This lot should just be banned not being thrown lifelines it is pathetic.

New Alex Thomson blog.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/detox-rangers-brand/1993

If the Newco was run by serious business people who scent sustainable success the first thing you do is detox the brand.

Face the facts – “Rangers” equals corruption. That is what the brand has come to now. There’s no escaping. Denial of this is death by criminal stupidity.

A global brand is now toxic. “Rangers” now means a revolting broth of tax-evasion; threatening corporate aggression ; a profoundly arrogant refusal to apologise ever to anyone for anything; a “case to answer” on years of organised cheating ; the brand name liquidated; the British taxpayer cheated; hundreds of small Scottish businesses, charities, colleges, councils out of pocket…I could go on.

In the end the old brand was so financially poisonous it was killed, abolished by law: liquidated.

John McVeigh is a tit

WTF, John McVeigh is a tit Tight John McVeigh is a tit

Right GD, forget all this NEWCO shit, how did you do that?

If this was Rangers Media, I know it would be a *****s fault, maybe one that is head of the BBC, or The Daily Rhebel or the UN or the IMF. But its not, whats your secret?

Edited by Tight minge

£900k is worst case though, really.

Do you really honestly believe Sky and ESPN will both go "Thanks but no thanks" or do you think there would be a renegotiated deal instead? If both Sky and ESPN both just walked and lost interest entirely, do you think that the BBC, STV or maybe Premier Sports wouldn't be interested in a cut price deal?

I can't believe this far down the line we're still persisting with the "Yeah, there will be a TV blackout of Scottish football without Rangers" myth. Nobody wants to cover Celtic matches? The Edinburgh derby? Really?

Think back to the BBC years. The world didn't end back then.

80million over 5 years is the current TV deal, no other TV company can match that, clubs have budgeted for this money, hence why Motherwell are already stating the TV loss is considerable

And ive been saying this for months now, if SKY and ESPN go sponsors for clubs will quickly think to negotiate their deals as the reduction in exposure wont be worth the money they are giving clubs

80million over 5 years is the current TV deal, no other TV company can match that, clubs have budgeted for this money, hence why Motherwell are already stating the TV loss is considerable

And ive been saying this for months now, if SKY and ESPN go sponsors for clubs will quickly think to negotiate their deals as the reduction in exposure wont be worth the money they are giving clubs

Right, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying another broadcaster could match it, but what I am saying is the SPL won't suddenly find it can't attract any broadcast partners just because Rangers imploded. Even a vastly reduced deal is more likely than no deal, but that's not factored in with the doom and gloom worst case scenarios.

I have gave this man a greeny WHY ?

His post is post number 51,082 and that is the capacity of Ibrox stadium and we all thought the landmarks towards Rangers stopped at page 2012 8).

Surely we can find some more historic P&B landmarks at the gers plight :D.Possibly how many thousands of pounds they owed companies before liquidating.

why, thank you kindly sir, have one backcool.gif

So what can we do to help motherwell?

unlike the rangers fans I don't want to see Scottish football die.

From a hibs perspective we could gift them points and sign crap players thus getting them more prize money.

We could also do a deal like we did with Ross County and buy martin scott for 100k then loan him back and

cover most of his wages.

Aberdeen have more than done their bit , paying to take two manager off them.

Part of the new TV deal should prob involve putting motherwell - hibs on the telly as

its the most exciting game of the season and we deserve some extra cash.

Jane Lewis@JaneLewisSport SFA, SPL and SFL confirm talks have taken place re. league reconstruction. Consultation with all clubs 2 now take place

Top League of 16 or 18. Shirley!Leslie-Nielsen.jpg

Ohhh look, page 2100! Goody. 48656_100001589486221_1411_n.jpg

Edited by GunnerBairn

I'm all for criticism,but get your facts correct before having a go please.

I said Airdrie because i do differentiate between the 2,if i didn't i would have said Airdrieonians.What do you think i should call them,as the name has Airdrie in both of the clubs? So i should have said onians and utd,just to keep you happy?

The rules were not bent to allow us back into the league.We were not voted in and instead the SFL went with Gretna....Jim Ballantyne bought Clydebank,renamed and relocated them...hence why we got Clydebanks 2nd division place,something i wasn't and still not proud of i may hasten to add.

So why would we have to have started in the 3rd when the club Airdrie bought over was already in the 2nd. So sevco are no different to the position we were in,our club had been liquidated,and a newco was tring to apply for a league place,which the rules stated wasn't allowed for a team that had just been formed.

I wasnt having a go at all. I am sure most Airdrie fans while being aware of the difference still look back on Airdrieonians history as their history. My point was that a football club is really something beyond the legal entity that runs it. And I am aware of the history. The irony is that you were allowed back in but not at the lowest level - something that Rangers might do and are being criticised for.