Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If the SFL chairman let The Rangers enter their competition in their highest league...what's the point of the competitions continued existence?

A league is a league, positions have to be earned via achievements on the field, not by how much money you bring to the table. Airdrie and QOTS and Ayr and whoever else are desperate to play in the SFL1 next year but they won't due to on the field matters.

Why should a team with less history than the average toe nail be reinstated ahead of these clubs? Because they have a potentially bigger fan base? Utter farce.

I am of the opinion they should not even be let into the SFL3. Cove Rangers, Gala Fairydean and Spartans are desperate for admission. They have established infrastructure, fan base and accounting procedures. The Rangers have none of these things.

Let's hope the SFL chairman see sense and tell these bunch of chancers where to go. I'm sure they'll find a space for them in the Junior West Region Super League next year. They can go there, establish 3 years accounts and prove that they can run a football club to an appropriate standard before applying for admission.

No one watches Gala Fairydean and I don't think Cove Rangers' stadium meets SFL standards. They don't have any seats for a start. All they have is a big glass-fronted executive box.

(edited for illiteracy!)

Edited by Jim Leighton

so there u have it rangers newco or watever u want to call then in the 1st div , the restructured spfl for 2013/14 , jobs a good un sorted , i dont give a flying fk if you like it or not the powers have spoken , i would take this chance to say you done your best but if u wanted them dead its not going to happen take up golf , if u wanted them in div 3 its not going to happen take up fishing .. and shut the door on the way out after closing your pb account , u wont need it as your never watching footy ever again so there :P . i mite not need to go to ibrox it could be live on sky with there new rangers in div 1 deal 8) . ps only kidding lads your welcome to stay but its a done deal lets hear no more about it as its time to lock this thread its run its course

Say it enough times and you might, just might, actually convince yourself that this is the truth.

...won't matter worthy f**k when SevcoFC are deid and buried right enough, but of it makes you feel better in the meantime, go ahead mate. Fill yer boots!

Dunno if this has been posted already, I haven't been online for a couple hours so there's about 20 new pages...

Aberdeen Evening Express survey of fans published today, open to ALL readers not just Aberdeen fans remember

Should newcorpse be admitted to SPL

No 82.7%

Under what circumstances should newcorpse be admitted to SPL

Under no circumstances 79.2%

Where should newcorpse play next season

Div 3 81.2%

If newcorpse were admitted to SPL would you boycott games

Yes 74.4%

Which games would you boycott

ALL SPL GAMES 82%

Could SPL survive without newcorpse

Yes 80.7%

Granted these surveys appeal to certain types, but given it was open to all the readers you might have expected the newcorpse quislings to have been to the fore. It's quite reassuring that they have made very little impact on this

No one watches Gala Fairydean and I don't think Cove Rangers' stadium doesn't meet SFL standards. They don't have any seats for a start. All they have is a big glass-fronted executive box.

The SFL have stadium standards? Who'd have thunk it, you ever been to Central Park? There's plenty of non league teams who want to join the SFL that have stadiums that are as good or better than teams who are already in it.

They run their clubs properly and have 3 years accounts to prove it. The Rangers don't. They therefore have a far stronger case for SFL admission.

Normally I'd have put the Record's story down to revenge for Vlad's statement but it's beginning to look like there's no smoke without fire. Add in this hastily arranged meeting for Thursday. That's looking more and more suspicious. Nothing would surprise me in this totally corrupt farce.

Many Rangers fans are saying that the newco will keep the Rangers history as the club remains and they are just a new company. If that is the case why is there no longer an Airdrieonians?

Please advise.

Surely Airdrie fans would just have been as passionate as Rangers fans in trying to keep their identity?

Officially we don't have that history, but that's not how anyone really sees it. "We" got to the cup finals in '92 and '95, "we" played in Europe, Owen Coyle "returned" a few years ago, etc.

My link

Ally McCoist on players wanting to leave.

I really can't stand McCoist at all.

Edit: Ah just beaten to it by Jim Leighton.

I should've gone for the nutmeg.

He's a laughable figure.

As if he'd have hung around to play at some unknown level as a player.

He knows he can appear all loyal because there's not a chance of any club at any level taking any interest in him as a manager, because he's firmly established the fact that he's rubbish.

At one point he describes Rangers fans as "not daft". This is possibly the silliets thing I've ever seen in print.

No one watches Gala Fairydean and I don't think Cove Rangers' stadium doesn't meet SFL standards. They don't have any seats for a start. All they have is a big glass-fronted executive box.

Cove Rangers are certainly not ready for SFL football, and the local councillors are arguing over the new stadium as well. Saw this today:

Labour group calls halt to Cove stadium plans

By David McKay

Published: 22/06/2012

LABOUR councillors in Aberdeen last night moved to put the brakes on plans for a new stadium complex for Cove Rangers Football Club.

The largest group in the new local authority administration were immediately branded as “anti-development” by political rivals and the chairman of the Highland League team. But council leader Barney Crockett strenuously rejected that claim, despite his party’s opposition to the City Garden Project and a planned third crossing over the River Don.

SNP group leader Callum McCaig argued the latest move sent a “worrying signal” to people looking to invest in Aberdeen.

He's a laughable figure.

As if he'd have hung around to play at some unknown level as a player.

He knows he can appear all loyal because there's not a chance of any club at any level taking any interest in him as a manager, because he's firmly established the fact that he's rubbish.

At one point he describes Rangers fans as "not daft". This is possibly the silliets thing I've ever seen in print.

They aren't daft - they are so far beyond it it's not true!

He said: "It has been reported that a couple of players have indicated they want to challenge the transfer of their contracts. This is news to me and no player has spoken to me about it.

This is the tribunal identity all over again, isn't it? He's either not listening, being kept out of the loop or a lying, vindictive toad.

"The players were magnificent last season and made great sacrifices and that will never be forgotten.

Until they decide enough is enough and go away to find a club whose owner doesn't try to keep them hostage by twisting TUPE to suit himself and then the "sacrifice" will be forgotten and abuse will start.

Oh and speaking of the owner....

"The transfer of contracts has already happened and the club's clear legal advice is that players' purported objection is ineffective.

No matter how often you trot that out it's patently untrue. Knob.

My link

Ally McCoist on players wanting to leave.

I really can't stand McCoist at all.

Edit: Ah just beaten to it by Jim Leighton.

I should've gone for the nutmeg.

Shameful stuff indeed.

Veiled threats amongst acknowledging the players.

McCoist is being used to get those players to re-sign and then they all get sold off at the next available transfer window and by that time McCoist will have been replaced.

The SFL have stadium standards? Who'd have thunk it, you ever been to Central Park? There's plenty of non league teams who want to join the SFL that have stadiums that are as good or better than teams who are already in it.

They run their clubs properly and have 3 years accounts to prove it. The Rangers don't. They therefore have a far stronger case for SFL admission.

I'm not disputing financial figures. Newco should not get in.

Allan Park / Rainbow Taxis Stadium doesn't have a seated stand for the paying public (what seats they have are behind glass and are for sponsors only - it is an executive box) and has terracing that is of a low standard. Cove are keen to move to a new stadium and I'd be surprised if they got SFL membership without it, or an interim groundshare at Pittodrie or Montrose. (edit - it seems the new stadium is now in doubt).

There are not 'plenty' of non league teams wanting to join the SFL. I've heard nothing to suggest Gala still want in as of 2012, they're mince on and off the park but the 4G might help matters, so it's over to Spartans, Edinburgh City and Preston.

Edited by Jim Leighton

This is the tribunal identity all over again, isn't it? He's either not listening, being kept out of the loop or a lying, vindictive toad.

Until they decide enough is enough and go away to find a club whose owner doesn't try to keep them hostage by twisting TUPE to suit himself and then the "sacrifice" will be forgotten and abuse will start.

Oh and speaking of the owner....

No matter how often you trot that out it's patently untrue. Knob.

I worked for a firm that trotted out the lines that they had consulted lawyers at every turn but when anyone took them to an industrial tribuneral they lost. It is alright spouting that crap until someone challenges it and that will cost money for lawyers I an sure the SPFA will welcome the challenge.