Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Shit. The coefficient. Didn't think about that. Oh good god jesus almighty! The coefficient. f**k, I've had it wrong all along. Save Rangers, save the coefficient. #Doingitforthecoefficient

For God's sake, won't someone think of the coefficient!

I think SPLFLFA plan was obvious.

Rebrand SFL1 in to SPL2.

Invite Newco into the bottom teir of the SPL. - SPL2/SFL1.

To keep others happy -

SPL1 voting structure to change to 9-3 or 8-4.

Change TV right by changing winners and runners up from13.5% and 14.5% to 10.5% and 11.5% give the rest to SPL2.

Introduce SPL2 playoffs into SPL1.

If the SFL chairman let The Rangers enter their competition in their highest league...what's the point of the competitions continued existence?

A league is a league, positions have to be earned via achievements on the field, not by how much money you bring to the table. Airdrie and QOTS and Ayr and whoever else are desperate to play in the SFL1 next year but they won't due to on the field matters.

Why should a team with less history than the average toe nail be reinstated ahead of these clubs? Because they have a potentially bigger fan base? Utter farce.

I am of the opinion they should not even be let into the SFL3. Cove Rangers, Gala Fairydean and Spartans are desperate for admission. They have established infrastructure, fan base and accounting procedures. The Rangers have none of these things.

Let's hope the SFL chairman see sense and tell these bunch of chancers where to go. I'm sure they'll find a space for them in the Junior West Region Super League next year. They can go there, establish 3 years accounts and prove that they can run a football club to an appropriate standard before applying for admission.

When is Rangers Media - The Movie coming out? Quite simply could the funniest film ever made.

Now a thread called Player watch? Maybe should have made it more like a dead pool with the last man standing beside Lee McCulloch and Green being the winner.

http://www.newsnow.c...83512080?-11344

Cowdenbeath vice chairman speaks!:angry:

I dont think you can read anything into that,it sounds like a loaded question i.e "how would you feel if ranewco were admitted to your division?"

ANY CHAIRMAN/DEPUTY would say the same thing when it comes to financesph34r.gif

If Rangers go anywhere but out the door altogether the official bodies in this country should face the firing squad. The news I'm reading this morning regarding Rangers Newco being put straight into SFL 1 is making me sick to the pit of my stomach.

I take it ALL SFL clubs from 1st - 3rd would need to vote in favour of this happening ?

I can't see many 3rd or 2nd Division clubs voting for Newco to enter the 1st Division, I can't see Falkirk, Livingston or Dunfermline voting them in but I could see Cowdenbeath (duh !), Dumbarton, Partick, Morton all being definite YES votes - 23 No's. I don't think the motion would carry, they'd need to be put in the 3rd Division. If SFL clubs sell their souls for a one-off payment they'll deserve all the problems they'll get in the future when the real fans abandon them for being a bunch of Judas b*****ds.

Why would we definately vote yes, what benifit is it to us. Our stadium capacity is only 2025 and with segregation, steward costs and policing we would possibly not make much if anything at all. So againn please explain that to me, please.

McNamara is coming across as an apologist and a c**t. OF mentality methinks.

sounds like he is jizzing over the prospect of them being there so he can get his precious playoff's

romanovpalm.png

Sorry, my fellow Bud, but you've got the terminology wrong. They are not in, therefore we can't vote them out, so "back in" doesn't work either. The vote is to allow New Rangers IN. In your scenario, another club would be admitted to the SPL, and New Rangers, when they start to play in 2013/14 would have to apply to SFL as there would be no place in SPL, unless it went up to 14 or 16 teams. (btw, is your nose slightly blue?)

SCOTTISH football’s bosses are on the brink of securing a revolutionary rescue package which will see Rangers play in the First Division next season.

SFA, SPL and SFL chiefs were locked in talks last night as a six-hour summit went on past midnight.

The meeting was aimed at reaching agreement on radical proposals to deal with the chaos created by the financial carnage at Ibrox.

SFA chief Stewart Regan hosted the secret gathering aimed at bringing an end to the Rangers crisis.

After days of talks between the three ruling bodies, Record Sport understands SFA chief executive Regan, SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and SFL boss David Longmuir thrashed out a four-point blueprint to revolutionise football in Scotland.

The trio have been tasked with reaching a broad agreement over the future of Rangers as well as reforming the league structure.

This is to bring clarity to the current chaos as the clock ticks down to the SPL general meeting on July 4 when the members will vote on the Ibrox club’s fate.

But negotiations could now deliver a cast-iron deal which would allow the SPL to offer guidance on a way forward and that in turn would see the emotive vote become nothing more than a box-ticking exercise.

As Record Sport revealed this week, proposals are in place for Rangers to go to Division One and common ground has been reached on host of issues.

A key part of the plan would see SFL clubs handed compensation payments from the SPL as part of a deal with Sky to broadcast live Rangers games in Division One.

Clubs across the country will now get the chance to give historic plans the green light.

The four key points on the agenda were:

●Finding a mechanism that will allow Rangers to parachute straight into the First Division next season.

●A guarantee that play-offs are introduced immediately at the top of the First Division for a place in the SPL.

●The distribution of short-term payments to SFL clubs from the SPL to allow Rangers’ First Division games to be shown live on Sky.

●A timeline to form one body, the Scottish Professional Football League.

Regan has managed to unify both leagues and mediate over the squabbling which has been the stumbling block.

Assurances have been made to SPL chief Doncaster that the Sky deal will remain in place but he has been playing hardball over the amount paid to First Division clubs to have Rangers’ games broadcast live.

Longmuir’s battle for a fair deal for the SFL will have huge implications for lower league clubs as they will gain historic capital from a merger with the top flight.

Also on the agenda was the SFL’s bid to install a strong representation within a new SPFL set-up and a stumbling block has been the SPL’s insistence they get a 3-1 ratio in favour of board members.

The SFL demanded an even split on any new board which will also include a new chief executive as well as one independent sitting on the ruling panel.

Regan’s bid to deliver a broad consensus over the way forward also involved discussions over the appellate tribunal’s transfer embargo on Rangers.

This is the kind of shit I was talking about yesterday that could potentially happen, League bosses bending over backwards to accommodate the cheating tax dodging B'stards! Reagan etc really are making up the rules as events unfurl surrounding Rangers. What is the point in having rules? :angry:

Why would we definately vote yes, what benifit is it to us. Our stadium capacity is only 2025 and with segregation, steward costs and policing we would possibly not make much if anything at all. So againn please explain that to me, please.

tv money............

Doncaster wants no special cases for Rangers (well he did back in May when the CVA was a possibility)

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster has told Rangers not to expect special treatment if they apply for re-entry to the top-flight.Prospective new owner Charles Green is still keen for the club to exit administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) but may be forced to go down a newco route.

Green met with Doncaster and Scottish Football Association counterpart Stewart Regan on Thursday and could be set for disappointment when it comes to the Gers SPL status.

Doncaster told reporters: “We will continue to deal with clubs equally under the rules.

“Our job is to apply those rules, without fear or favour to every single one of the 12 member clubs. That’s what we will do.

“It’s our job to explain that what we are doing is treating people equally. If everyone understands that, then what will be the reason to be aggrieved about the outcome?

“Every club will be treated exactly the same. I can’t get into ‘special cases’.

“Our job is to apply the rules fairly and evenly to every SPL club.”

Even Rangersspacer.gif boss Ally McCoist has accepted that dropping down to the fourth tier may be morally right but fears such a scenario would be to the detriment of Scottish football.

But there could be further difficulties ahead at Ibrox with the SPL also investigating the use of ‘double contracts’ at the club.

And Doncaster is not expecting a quick resolution.

He added: “It will take some time and, ultimately, it’s being done by our lawyers.

“How long will it take? How long has the HMRC case taken?

“These things take as long as they take.”