Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Well said.

But I do have sympathy with club chairmen who are struggling to make ends meet, and are sorely tempted by £ signs. Kilmarnock and Thistle, to name two of the offenders, must be so near the brink to behave like that.

To be fair we have taken a large hit with The Warriors leaving us but its still no justification for Beattie to come out with this. All its gonna do is lose him long term jags supporters (life blood of the club). I will never return to Firhill if my club votes for this. He must be on the funny fags if he doesnt realise the jags fans utter hatred of anything from the southside bigotfest that is NEWCO!!

Sadly. allowing Newco it at First Division level is almost ideal for the SPL chairmen...they are seen to 'do the right thing' by blocking the SPL entry; they then get rid of 11-1 voting and put through any other changes they want; Newco come in the following season and it's only cost the SPL clubs a few hundred thousand and perhaps a play off position.

"Friday night football is a good idea as well. Whether the Rangers fans would be happy with that, I don't know.

Reading over this again, what the f**k sorta comment is this to make?

I'm still fucking livid at this p***k.

Rangers should be booted out the entire league, not consulted about whether or not they can make it along to Friday night games.

94.2 If any club(s) is expelled, resigns, retires or ceases to be a member of the League for any reason then the vacancy so caused shall not be filled until the end of the season in which such vacancy so occurred.

94.2.2 In such event, notwithstanding the terms of Rules 92 (Champion Clubs - Promotion and Relegation) and 93 (Champion Clubs - Promotion and Relegation and Ground Requirements), the Board shall declare that the number of clubs relegated from the appropriate Division be reduced by the corresponding number of defaulting clubs in that Division and if appropriate declare any further club or clubs to be promoted to their respective next higher Division so that in all cases the ultimate vacancy caused by the original default will occur in the lowest Division of the League.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Milne says no decision yet

Very disappointed in Stewart Milne....i had half expected Aberdeen to be the first to put the knife in the back of sevco.......hope he knows what he's doing.

I'm a little surprised that anyone is surprised at Stewart Milne's ambiguity in this matter. This is the guy who more vociferously than any other championed the 2-tier SPL with 10-12 clubs on the grounds of how much money it would make while dressing it up as best-vs-best. He may well be waiting to see, as he says, but his final decision is going to be based on sil'er before anything else.

I'm a little surprised that anyone is surprised at Stewart Milne's ambiguity in this matter. This is the guy who more vociferously than any other championed the 2-tier SPL with 10-12 clubs on the grounds of how much money it would make while dressing it up as best-vs-best. He may well be waiting to see, as he says, but his final decision is going to be based on sil'er before anything else.

Maybe he wants to be the one to announce it, rather than Jim Spence

Sadly. allowing Newco it at First Division level is almost ideal for the SPL chairmen...they are seen to 'do the right thing' by blocking the SPL entry; they then get rid of 11-1 voting and put through any other changes they want; Newco come in the following season and it's only cost the SPL clubs a few hundred thousand and perhaps a play off position.

but its not almost ideal for the SFL is it? why would Div 1 teams want rangers in the league who are likely to take the 1 promotion space at the end of the season. the extra income, if there is any, from travelling support will surely be outweighed by less of a chance of winning the league.

Yes!!! fvck the chairmen of 1st div who have got the £ signs in their eyes. Very clear cut in IMO, Rangers get booted they have to start at bottom, no questions.

I presumed the link to rules was put up in response to my last post but I opened link and the size of rule book made me shit myself, so thought I would let someone else pick out appropriate rule, well done xbl

edit... post below, not concerned about who stays in league but more about where newco go tbh

Edited by Boomtown Boy

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

not to me. how would you read it? dunfermline or dundee?

it says the number of teams relegated gets reduced, and if this isnt sufficient, another team comes up.

but this depends on whether you can retrospectively remove dunfermline's relegation. if you can, its dunfermline. its deemed that they are already down, its dundee. clear as muddy water.

but its not almost ideal for the SFL is it? why would Div 1 teams want rangers in the league who are likely to take the 1 promotion space at the end of the season. the extra income, if there is any, from travelling support will surely be outweighed by less of a chance of winning the league.

I never said it was, did I?

The idea of parachuting newco into the 1st Division would surely have to be approved by the majority of SFL clubs. Wouldn't it be nice if just one of the 30 chairmen was to voice their opposition at this stage. Just one.

Morton's CM thinks/ says the same.

My link

Much as I (and it seems, the overwhelming majority of Morton fans on our forum) are in principle opposed to the chairman's stance, he doesn't actually say the same as the Partick chairman. Indeed, I don't think The Herald's headline is even remotely appropriate. It's largely a rambling comment about what Rae thinks will happen to Rangers, and the possible knock-on effect for clubs like Morton. But given he dismissed the idea of an SPL2, then there is no mechanism in place to put Rangers in our league.

A more suitable headline would be 'Rae incoherently rambles about the Scottish game' but that's hardly news given his track record as a media whore.

Edited by vikingTON

it says the number of teams relegated gets reduced, and if this isnt sufficient, another team comes up.

but this depends on whether you can retrospectively remove dunfermline's relegation. if you can, its dunfermline. its deemed that they are already down, its dundee. clear as muddy water.

On who gets promoted? I wasn't referring to that at all. Isn't that an SPL thing? My thinking was purely with regard to the topic at hand, Rangers in the first or third.

I think he meant its pretty clear where the vacancy will be, not whether Dundee or Dunfermline will be in SPL.

The Herald seem to be the ones giving this SFL1 think the big push at the moment.

Chris Jack, the same journalist who wrote the piece with the Thistle chairman, tweeted last night "Looking forward to a couple of trips to Ibrox on Thistle duty next season. SPLs loss will be First Divisions gain". What a pile of pish.

The idea of parachuting newco into the 1st Division would surely have to be approved by the majority of SFL clubs. Wouldn't it be nice if just one of the 30 chairmen was to voice their opposition at this stage. Just one.

Even if clubs are willing to accept the incredibly short-sighted one-off financial boost to allow Sevco in, putting them into the First denies 20 of the 30 clubs a cut of the money. I fail to see how even the most compliant SFL1 clubs could push it through the current system. The current system part of that statement has to be stressed.

Besides, it's worth remembering that the SPL clubs have been under pressure from all sides to punish Rangers and Sevco for months. The shift in focus to the SPL has only occurred in the last week. It remains to be seen if fan pressure will have the same effect in the lower leagues as it has at a few notable SPL clubs so far.

The Herald seem to be the ones giving this SFL1 think the big push at the moment.

Chris Jack, the same journalist who wrote the piece with the Thistle chairman, tweeted last night "Looking forward to a couple of trips to Ibrox on Thistle duty next season. SPLs loss will be First Divisions gain". What a pile of pish.

Why do we have so many sports "journalists" in Scotland?

They are desperate to keep Sevco around so they can stay in a job. Nothing to do with what is good for Scottish football.