Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't know whether this rumour has surfaced before ( not got the time to trawl through 2057 pages!:rolleyes: ) but have heard stories relating to the EBT scheme that there is evidence to suggest a high ranking former Scottish football referee also had one of these....................................... if this is true then surely it adds another nail to the coffin the clue is in the picture below!!!

Anyone else heard this ?

Interesting to think that my own team Clydebank FC "died" as a Senior Football Team in early July 2002 when Jim Ballantyne did his dirty work . If you had told me then that almost 10 years to the day Bankies would be back playing ( albeit in a different guise and at a different level) and the "mighty" Rangers would have gone the way of the dodo people would have laughed

Well who's laughing now?.....................:lol: :lol: :lol:

dallas.gif

Hugh do you think you are with such wild accusations... unsure.gif

The movement is there. Clubs are leaking their stance intentionally. I'm utterly convinced its going to be a unanimous no vote. These clubs are testing the waters.

Totally agree, and the signs are looking a lot better after Hearts and United coming forward yesterday.

Its just my usual way of dealing with things. If they did somehow get back into the SPL after letting myself hope with this positive stuff against Rangers going on, it would leave me absolutely spewing.

STV unhappy that Jim Spence broke it first and trying to piss on everyone's parade?

Hopefully but surely if they have not made up their mind yet then the reaction from Dandies at the STV statement will push them further in the right direction.

Why are the 1st division fans all talking like The Rangers in the 1st is a given?

Not the impression I got.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism for any team to be parachuted into Div. 1 and the creation of an SPL 2 would still require acceptance to the SPL. Looks like they'll have to apply for the SFL like any other team and start in Div. 3 if accepted.

TBH, Milne is the sort of p***k that would let 'Dons to say no' headlines hit the P&J and then the national papers to make fans start buying season tickets and then once they've sold them say "actually, we need the extra money"

Stupid and unlikely but you can't rule it out.

David Longmuir, the SFL chief executive, sent a circular to all 30 of his clubs yesterday, effectively asking them to be ready to be called to a meeting at short notice to discuss the Rangers scenario. "We will be doing nothing without their involvement because that comes first," Longmuir told Herald Sport. "Their involvement could be needed at fairly short notice, but we have it in our rules that we can call a meeting quite quickly. We have to do the right thing for the game here as well as protecting the interests of the SPL. All we're looking to do is see if there is a solution that the SFL can accommodate. If so it will be done in the best interests of the SFL and the game."

If the SPL compensate the SFL clubs for accepting Sevco 5088 into the first division they will have duped the supporters of every club who urged their chairman to say No.

This would be a farce, Longmuir should resign for even contemplating such a thing. Why should we compromise our league so the SPL can have zombie Rangers back into the fold within a year.

For all those clubs in the SFL who vote this in get prepared for the echoes of Judas because we would betraying our own for the SPL who are looking to leave the blame at someone else door.

If this happens I am finished with football

STV have been closing stable doors ever since the beginning of this saga. No reason to believe they've suddenly become The Scoopmeisters. I smell shite and anyway, Sir Spencey of Dens cannot possibly be wrong ! :)

He won't thank you for that, he's an arab.

AFAIK, there is no mechanism for any team to be parachuted into Div. 1 and the creation of an SPL 2 would still require acceptance to the SPL. Looks like they'll have to apply for the SFL like any other team and start in Div. 3 if accepted.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

David Longmuir, the SFL chief executive, sent a circular to all 30 of his clubs yesterday, effectively asking them to be ready to be called to a meeting at short notice to discuss the Rangers scenario. "We will be doing nothing without their involvement because that comes first," Longmuir told Herald Sport. "Their involvement could be needed at fairly short notice, but we have it in our rules that we can call a meeting quite quickly. We have to do the right thing for the game here as well as protecting the interests of the SPL. All we're looking to do is see if there is a solution that the SFL can accommodate. If so it will be done in the best interests of the SFL and the game."

If the SPL compensate the SFL clubs for accepting Sevco 5088 into the first division they will have duped the supporters of every club who urged their chairman to say No.

This would be a farce, Longmuir should resign for even contemplating such a thing. Why should we compromise our league so the SPL can have zombie Rangers back into the fold within a year.

For all those clubs in the SFL who vote this in get prepared for the echoes of Judas because we would betraying our own for the SPL who are looking to leave the blame at someone else door.

Get emailing your chairmen now, we've done all we can as far as our clubs are concerned now it's your turn.

No mechanism today isn't the same as no mechanism tomorrow, how do you think all those wonderful changes muted are going to come into reality.

Until Oldco are legally dead anything is possible.

Edited by ayrmad

On the point that Captain Green and The Mysterons seem not to have their banking arrangements sorted out for the Newco, is it not a bit strange that, even with a huge fanbase, and starting out with NO debt, and the (very, very slight) possibility of entry into the SPL, the big banks ain't falling over themselves to get New Rangers' business and offer them overdraft facilities? Or is it just me? :blink:

Edited by Happy Buddie

Don't know whether this rumour has surfaced before ( not got the time to trawl through 2057 pages!:rolleyes: ) but have heard stories relating to the EBT scheme that there is evidence to suggest a high ranking former Scottish football referee also had one of these....................................... if this is true then surely it adds another nail to the coffin the clue is in the picture below!!!

Anyone else heard this ?

Interesting to think that my own team Clydebank FC "died" as a Senior Football Team in early July 2002 when Jim Ballantyne did his dirty work . If you had told me then that almost 10 years to the day Bankies would be back playing ( albeit in a different guise and at a different level) and the "mighty" Rangers would have gone the way of the dodo people would have laughed

Well who's laughing now?.....................:lol: :lol: :lol:

dallas.gif

The picture is misleading as when it comes to Rangers and referees there are no Principals at all.

From AFC official site:

AFC chairman, Stewart Milne, said: "Contrary to reports, AFC has still to reach a final decision regarding the 4th July vote on the Rangers newco. This is a critical decision which will have major implications for all clubs and the future of Scottish football. The views of our fans and the issue of sporting integrity will clearly be a major influencing factor in our decision-making.

"There is a great deal of speculation about the future of the game in Scotland flying around at present however I can categorically state that any rumours regarding AFC's financial position are ill-founded and completely wide of the mark. It is irresponsible for anyone to suggest otherwise. The changes announced earlier this week to the board and the executive are intended solely to significantly strengthen the club's position and help achieve our ambitious future plans."

Funny that; seeing as Mr. Green was given the 'nod'

HMRC head goes back.

Charlie G.: "HMRC are giving us the nod!"

HMRC head comes forward in classic Glasgow Kiss - CRACK - "stitch that, you fucker, you're not in Manchester now!"

I'll not hear any calls of Judas levelled at myself or my team as I will no longer have a team, are you reading this you fat lump of reconstituted lard?