Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

ARRRGGGHHH you can't pap it out if it don't exist.

I agree with your sentiments.

But don't they still "exist" as oldco in the SPL?

I've had a few (well, many) so if you you just want to slap your forehaed I will accept that.:)

Going by the posts I assumed Aberdeen were already no.

They released a statement which inferred that, although with the usual 'we need to act on our best interests' spiel. It was 'leaning' no, but from rumours on Twitter, posts on here and general speculation, they seem the most likely.

They would have to apply to the SFL for membership. Spartans and Cove have better applications in already.

are you sure about that..isn't their SFA membership & SPL League share two different things ?

I fear a deal may have been done to get them in the SFL. Seems odd so many SPL clubs are making coordinated statements. If so, this needs to be challenged.

I think its perhaps more like clubs will be talking to each other mate, once say Hearts say to Utd, we are saying no and making it public Utd know that at least one is coming out as a no, they will know others will be as well so they get out there and say it.

The first 5 to publicly say no should get a prize.laugh.gif

are you sure about that..isn't their SFA membership & SPL League share two different things ?

Sevco Rangers have neither at the moment.

They would have needed both to play in the SPL.

If they just have an SFA membership, they still wouldn't have a league to play in, and would have to apply to one like any other club.

Ok, Sevco's application for a Newco, which he will name The Rangers, being rejected by the SPL members.

Better? :angry::P

It'll do but when the Sevco application for share transfer is rejected then the only renaming Green will be doing is Ibrox Stadium to Ibrox retail park.

I fear a deal may have been done to get them in the SFL. Seems odd so many SPL clubs are making coordinated statements. If so, this needs to be challenged.

There's a good chance they'll be voted back in by the clubs down there anyway I'd have thought, even if other clubs do have better applications, 'The Rangers' would provide a cash windfall on the way back up. I doubt they'd go straight into the first division as I don't see anything in the rules that would allow it.

Today is a wonderful day :D

Can anyone quickly confirm for me that it is 5 teams that need to vote no, it is OVER 4 teams, not just 4 teams? Either way, they're fucked it would appear :D :D :D

As I understand it, it is 8 clubs who have to vote YES.

A subtle difference.

Abstainers count as NO.

Hope I'm right.

As are the SFA membership and SFL membership. Reread what I wrote.

Sevco Rangers have neither at the moment.

They would have needed both to play in the SPL.

If they just have an SFA membership, they still wouldn't have a league to play in, and would have to apply to one like any other club.

ah ok.....thanks CK :)

Edited by sjc

Tony McKelvie@TonyMcKelvieIt's all over for Sevco in the SPL. Green will withdraw his application to the SPL shortly, and apply to SFL instead. There will be no vote.

This has been a shambles and this is what should have happened right from the start. How could clubs talk about sporting integrity then vote Newco straight back in for the money they generate?

SFL 3 here we come... :D