Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cockwomble will no doubt be delighted at all the extra publicity this is generating for the SPL.

That's how it works in Cockwomble world isn't it?

Yup. In his world he looks to maximise brand awareness, promote a quality product, and see revenue streams move forward with a quantum based focus-driven....waffle, blah, fcuk-de-blah.

My advice for the Cockwomble would be this.

1. Exit office, car park located at foot of stairs.

2. Turn left onto Aitkenhead Road.

3. Continue for two miles. Turn right onto new M74 extension.

4. Follow signs for Carlisle M74.

5. Keep driving.

Edited by pozbaird

1340282002[/url]' post='6357937']

Any amusement at the rumours going around that a 'deal' has been done for Greenco to make their appearance in SFL1 after consultation with Sky?

FF is full of it at the moment. Worst of all possible worlds I'd say......

That will be nice for them. Lets hope nothing gets in the way like lack of funding, a floating charge, player exodus, fraud investigations, SFA sanctions, endless litigation. So many potential obstacles, it's hard to see which one will be the next source of 'bad news for the former Ibrox outfit'

Motherwell have just released a statement saying that they are allowing the fans (Well Society Members) to vote on how the club should vote on July 4th, ref the "No vote".

Do you think the other 10 clubs will follow.

The fans asked for a voice, now they have it.

Edited by B.K.

There seems to be a strong defence of Rangers/TNR from Motherwell fans.

Is it a sense of sporting justice and fairness, or a lingering fear that their club might be retrospectively punished for shafting creditors too?

What's your basis for that? (I'm assuming you aren't referring to a couple of posters on P&B as your sample, as that would clearly be preposterous). Ask the Motherwell Chief Exec, Director Andrew Wilson or our Media guy Alan Burrows - all of them on Twitter and very responsive - what the overriding feeling amongst 'Well fans is on this - you'll get exactly the same answer as you would from an other club.

And Motherwell being retrospectively punished for exiting admin legally via a CVA 10 years ago - hmmmm - can't see that possibility keeping anyone awake at night quite honestly.

Liked this, presume it's true.

"Maybe its the History they are after. Bury are the only club to have won the FA cup without conceding a goal."

I think they won the final 6-0, biggest ever winning margin. Newco can dream, I suppose.

Right, off back to work. A few things from this morning's posts:

1. If Killie's ST sales ARE up (and our forums would suggest the opposite), it may well be because the club (dead rangers situation notwithstanding) are in a much better state on the pitch than this time last year, when KS's plan was very much in its infancy. I'd have taken 11th place on GD before the season started, and I bet a lot of other Killie fans would. After what has to be seen as a very good year, you would expect a rise in sales, but I'm not convinced by this statement. I simply don't believe MJ, and he's not doing the club any favours recently.

2. There is no longer a rangers in Scottish football. There is a gap at the bottom of Div 3 which will be filled by the best applicant. Purely on business terms, that cannot be a club with no visible finances, no accounts, no history and no infrastructure.

3. The currants would still run south of the border at the drop of a hat - to play at any level. If they don't want to be in Scotland, why try to keep them? This alone absolves us of any sympathy we might feel towards them.

4. Good luck, Poz, Happy Buddie, Wis and the rest of you Buddies. I hope the takeover goes well.

5. And talking of 'Well, looks like T_S_A_R has infected a fair few of his mates with the WATPvirus......

TTFN, see you all tonight for the Dallas, Wattie and Wiggy show :D

Chas Green and the Gang have taken over the mantle of plate spinners in chief from Defer and Procrastinate. This is a sideshow to deflect from the fact that they have no finances in place. Without £££, there is no TRFC in any league. This is the current elephant in the room.

seems to me that a herd of elephants have escaped from blair drummond and are currently stampeding around the boardrooms of our clubsblink.gif

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/06/21/well-society-to-vote-on-newco-rangers/

As a member of the Well Society (Along with my two sons) I know which way I'll be voting!

:thumbsdown Off with their heads!

Motherwell have just released a statement saying that they are allowing the fans (Well Society Members) to vote on how the club should vote on July 4th, ref the "No vote".

Do you think the other 10 clubs will follow.

The fans asked for a voice, now they have it.

A very very good move.

I'd hope for all clubs to follow suit.

T_S_A_R will be preparing to stuff the ballot boxes as we speak.

Nah, it'll be done on paper, I'd expect T_S_A_R to struggle to draw the cross without voice recognition software to do it for him.

http://www.motherwel...-newco-rangers/

As a member of the Well Society (Along with my two sons) I know which way I'll be voting!

:thumbsdown Off with their heads!

A really praiseworthy step from the club as they will know what the result is likely to be already - they should be rightly praised for their stance and it will hugely strengthen the credibility of the 'Well society I'm sure. It will likely be up to the fans to plug whatever financial gap is created if the "correct" decision is taken and I sincerely hope that everyone that has been vociferous about this is ready to do what they can - I certainly am. Proud of the 'Well and I hope other clubs can do similar in their own circumstances.

I love us again.

Hopefully the other clubs will follow suit.

If they do it will just go to show that everyone, SPL, SFA, clubs have been passing the gun around to finish the job and now they have realised that the only ones who have the balls to do the job properly are the fans. Just filled out the ICT supporters' trust "in for a quid" application form I got last week, I can't miss an opportunity to fire one of the shots. Go on Kenny Cameron, let us pull the trigger for you.

A really praiseworthy step from the club as they will know what the result is likely to be already - they should be rightly praised for their stance and it will hugely strengthen the credibility of the 'Well society I'm sure. It will likely be up to the fans to plug whatever financial gap is created if the "correct" decision is taken and I sincerely hope that everyone that has been vociferous about this is ready to do what they can - I certainly am. Proud of the 'Well and I hope other clubs can do similar in their own circumstances.

Could even gain some more Well Society members if they feel strongly enough that they want to vote against the Newco.

(Just noticed it alludes to this in the statement)

Edited by Wellboy1978