Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

NOT

FUNNY!

:(

Ach, it was a bit funny. Not as funny as two exceedingly dodgy geezers from the building trade about to offer 11 milion, or Sevco Zombie XI emigrating to Eng-er-land, or anything Neil Cockwomble has done since Feb 14, but a bit funny all the same.

Almost all of the fellow Well fans that I know are strongly against Zombie Rangers rising from the grave.

If we vote them back in then forget it, I won't be back to another SPL match and I will not be investing in the Well Society either.

I'd put the increase in season tickets down to the combination of an upward trend recently and the utter delirium of a Champions League place.

You mean Jim McLean, his ghost, and TSAR don't speak for the majority of Motherwell fans?

I am shocked ;)

This is the last chance Scottish football has of actually doing the right thing and making the long term changes which will benefit the game. If there is any shred of integrity in the game left Rangers will have to reapply as a new club for the vacant SFL 3 spot, along with any other club who wishes to apply. The fact that there seems such uncertainty over whether Rangers will be allowed back into the SPL shows how far Scottish Football has fallen on and off the pitch.

Our game has been in demise for years (if not decades) both at club and international level yet nothing is being done to change this and it is the clubs faults. People turn and blame the SFA for our national teams failings - I don't think clubs get anywhere near the level of critisism. At youth level I see so many talented young players yet it seems to breakdown from the oldest youth sides to first team level. There should be major changes to the rules, giving smaller clubs better incentives to bring through young players such as earning x amount for so many players brought through the ranks or better compensation packages to clubs who poach youngsters on the cheap.

I look at the strategy of the SPL and can only describe it as being totally reliant on 4 games a year between two clubs that is drip fed down to the rest. The TV deal, the away supports, the sponsorships. Surely the SPL needs to find its place in the market. We border the richest league in the world, who pay ridiculous prices for transfers that even England's average 'stars' are going for scandalous sums of money (for future reference, see Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Jones, Smalling etc). Our goal has to be an empahasis of bringing through as many young players and developing them at the top tier of Scotland. It should be the clubs aim to sell these players onto England as we have seen in recent years with the likes of Goodwillie.

The sooner clubs start working together to make financial and strategic changes collectively the better - instead the SPL does nothing but encourage self interest and it is this model which has led to the ruin of the game. Now or never for me, until this happens nothing will ever change and we'll always underachieve at all levels of football.

What's the relevance to your username, by the way? I don't get it - Jim McLean was a Dundee United legend and didn't have any connection to Motherwell as far as I know. He's also not dead.

Was there another Jim McLean?

And a Killie player for a bit.....

Before he went completely hatstand, that is!

Ach, it was a bit funny. Not as funny as two exceedingly dodgy geezers from the building trade about to offer 11 milion, or Sevco Zombie XI emigrating to Eng-er-land, or anything Neil Cockwomble has done since Feb 14, but a bit funny all the same.

Just exactly what has this incompetent, spineless erse done since Feb 14 ?

Almost all of the fellow Well fans that I know are strongly against Zombie Rangers rising from the grave.

If we vote them back in then forget it, I won't be back to another SPL match and I will not be investing in the Well Society either.

I'd put the increase in season tickets down to the combination of an upward trend recently and the utter delirium of a Champions League place.

I agree with you. I think most fans of most diddy clubs will have the courage of their convictions. I don't think we should be trying to infer that fans of certain clubs have less moral strength than others.

This is the attitude i don't quite understand. Why not use the situation for your advantage...Take them for all you can and hopefully help the clubs outwith the SPL regain some power in the game.

It seems to me a lot of people are happy to see their clubs and Scottish football as a whole suffer as long as they get a good kick into Rangers as they go down.

Having time to consider the punishment i now think Rangers should be docked points from last year and relegated. Dunfermline should be re-instated to the SPL as they suffered directly from this cheating. Rangers prize money for finishing 12th should be withheld and with every team from 3rd down moving up a place their prize money adjusted accordingly. Now Rangers are in the SFL 1 and IF they are found guilty of the double contracts they should be relegated to the bottom tier. Seems the fairest and easiest solution to all the ongoing problems.

No. 8, rangers are dead. The fairest and easiest solution is to move on from there with a gap in Div 3 which can be filled by the best-qualified applicant for the position. And with no accounts, no history of sensible management, and no way of being able to trade solvently for a season given their fixed costs, sevco fc won't be it.

I know but we've nothing else to amuse us at the moment except spin and bull. Might go and fill in the Scotsman fan survey again.

Any amusement at the rumours going around that a 'deal' has been done for Greenco to make their appearance in SFL1 after consultation with Sky?

FF is full of it at the moment. Worst of all possible worlds I'd say......

No. 8, rangers are dead. The fairest and easiest solution is to move on from there with a gap in Div 3 which can be filled by the best-qualified applicant for the position. And with no accounts, no history of sensible management, and no way of being able to trade solvently for a season given their fixed costs, sevco fc won't be it.

That's a danger to which I don't think enough attention has been paid, that if Sevco don't have a lot of money at the moment, going round with the investment begging bowl, relying on cojones grandes to get them by, 6 months into the new season, and particularly if it's SPL, they could go tits up again and that would really put the feline in the doocote.

Mind you, most of us here would be more smug than Professor Smug, the smuggest man in Smugtown. It would be the loudest "We told you so." in history.