Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FFS Youngsy i am depressed enough without fan ownership rearing its fat ugly head again :(

Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere and I have missed it, but surely fan ownership is an obvious for newco. Let's assume Green spent £6million (not the 10 he claims) and assume Rangers have 40,000 paying fans. That's £150 a head. Most fans will pay significantly more than this is a season.

You could buy the club and start again. If Green refuses then no fans = no money.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned before... etc.

Can anyone else foresee a situation whereby all domestic football in Scotland is put on hold until the whole Rangers situation is sorted out? They've already gone to the Courts once, so I expect whatever sanction handed down by the SFA will be challenged in a similar manner. Naturally that has the knock-on effect of throwing all remaining fixtures out of kilter (and probably no club could be admitted to the SFL until the Rangers situation is resolved.)

Please someone put me right on this... :huh:

Tom English (Scotsman on Sunday) didn't rule that out today on his webchat. Especially if the SFA are detemined to try to push-thru a SPL/SFL merger to cope with the Ranjurs fallout. Can't see a merger being hammered out fefore the start of August.

But interested clubs will lose interest if H&D delay until the transfer window closes - new clubs have to pay wages for any acquisitions from Ranjurs but be unable to field them. Players may have little choice but to accept tranferring over.

No, they can sign and play free agents at any time.

Can anyone else foresee a situation whereby all domestic football in Scotland is put on hold until the whole Rangers situation is sorted out? They've already gone to the Courts once, so I expect whatever sanction handed down by the SFA will be challenged in a similar manner. Naturally that has the knock-on effect of throwing all remaining fixtures out of kilter (and probably no club could be admitted to the SFL until the Rangers situation is resolved.)

The oldco where a member of the SPL and SFA so they could challenge their authority. Would be difficult/impossible for a newco as they are not a member and could quite legitimately be refused membership or offered membership with conditions.

Cant see it mate, with UEFA breathing down the neck of the SFA they will simply punt them rather than put their jaunts on hold and jeopardise more opportunities to travel and grow fat.

Edited by God of War

Liam McLeod@BBCLiamMcLeod Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The #Rangers Football Club'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18509619

Stake through the heart? Check.......Silver bullet tae the heid? Check........Decapitation? Check..............Disembowelment?Check.......What's that noise? Oh, it's just the final nail. Only the cremation and scattering of ashes in the centre circle to go.

Read his post,he states "exactly who the club stiffed",then shows a graphic going back to 1988/89 season,which is a nonsense. As for the EBTs they were stopped in 2009/10 season,the investigation is from 2001/02season -2009/10 season,if i'm a few months out so be it but his graphic is inferring a policy of cheating go back to 188/89 which as i said is totally wrong.

But you already confirmed the investigation went back to 89.

No, they can sign and play free agents at any time.

Are you sure that national FA's routinely register free agents outside of transfer windows. I thought that for free agents it still required special dispensation.

If a player is a free agent when the transfer window closes, then they can sign for another club at any time. If a player is released outwith the transfer window then they would need special dispensation to sign for another club. If Rangers players found themselves in this position, due to the toing and froings of liquidation, then they would, almost certainly, be allowed to sign for another club.

alex thomson@alextomoSays: "how on earth was Green ever allowed to buy the assets like that under liquidation - you can't do that. Not surpised Smith left."

alex thomson@alextomoSays "now HMRC have gloves off under liquidation, they'll go after Whyte and Murray and more."

alex thomson@alextomoLawyer connected to fmr Rangers manager tells #c4news "there's a massive fraud in Rangers waiting to come out"

Edited by monrovianmonk