Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They are going back to the inception of the present SPL but the actual start of the EBTs was 2001 which will be the main focus of the investigation.

When I first saw C4s Graphic, I questioned it too. However, your assertions are equally bollox on the other end since the use of EBTs covered the priod 2001-2010 and the footballing authority's interest (and the stripping of titles/trophies) relates to seasons 2001/02 to 2010/11

Anyone else get the feeling the SPL made yesterdays announcement with the increasing hostility towards the NewCo and the want for a no votes, so that they can try to placate the fans but still say "We can vote them back in, but they'll still be punished". The fact is, that they've cheated for not just years but decades. It won't wash anymore. The system is completely broken and we need a radical overhaul in the Scottish game, and we're on the verge of being able to achieve that. Rangers have lived a tax-free, opulent lifestyle for decades upon end with other clubs struggling to make ends meet as a result of ridiculous criteria. They've quite simply got to go.

Surely if the NewCo is culpable for the sins of the EBT, then they must also inherit the debt and tax cases of OldCo?

No. The corporate legal status is very clear. The newco is a totally new company and cannot inherit he debts of the old company. Things arent quite so clear in terms of the football entity.

They are going back to the inception of the present SPL but the actual start of the EBTs was 2001 which will be the main focus of the investigation.

So, 1998 was correct, then. Thanks for clearing that up :)

:lol:

Quote from DXBud 10 minutes ago .....

"They could all simply arrange to issue their various decisions on the count of 3. That way it would be like a firing squad where only of those with a gun has a live bullet - they all loaded their guns, they all pulled their triggers at the same time, but which shot actually made the difference??????? In this case all of them, but collective responsibility should apply for them all allowing the situation to develop in the first place, so resolve it collectively. "

I thnk we're all getting to think on the same terms here. Too many bullets for even Traynor to say "IT'S ALIVE". (haud oan, that's another Mel Brooks...Young Frankenstein)

Just received this from The Daily Ranger - given that I'm apt to think the majority of people registered with the DR are likely to be followers of Newco I thought I should post it on here so we can give them a more balanced view of the thoughts of the average football fan.

I like how they give examples of SPL teams who aren't Celtic or Rangers, in case we don't know.

Oh I say, jolly good.

Whilst trying to discredit the graphic, you stated it has no foundation whatever and is nonsense. The fact that too many years were included does not detract from the fact that all the actual years were included and the list correctly lists the runners up in those appropriate seasons. It is therefore far from nonsense and is indeed a very good foundation for assessing the clubs that suffered from Rangers cheating. You're post was therefore almost totally wrong unlike the graphic, which wasn't wrong but just included too much correct information than was needed.

And as i said the only relevant years were the ones being investigated,the rest were as i said,nonsense.

Why would i be assuming that? I'm hoping that HMRC get him for tax evasion and hopefully fraud as regards the arrangement in taking over the club with the ticketus finance as well as the moving of money and selling of the Arsenal shares. If it's found that he has taken over the club illegally then i hope he goes down,don't worry about that. And this applies to Murray if he is found to be complicit in tax evasion dependent on the findings of the EBT tribunal.

I was thinking more as an SPL/SFA disciplinary matter than a state legal one.

Just received this from The Daily Ranger - given that I'm apt to think the majority of people registered with the DR are likely to be followers of Newco I thought I should post it on here so we can give them a more balanced view of the thoughts of the average football fan.

Simply email your answers (e.g. 1=A, 2=B, 3=C)

How on earth do they expect Oldco & Newco supporters to work that out?

I guess the other burning question is when does

My Team: Rangers

get removed from P&B? (or at least changed to something else)

Don't see that that needs changed,plenty of people seek solace in the past.

Simply email your answers (e.g. 1=A, 2=B, 3=C)

How on earth do they expect Oldco & Newco supporters to work that out?

They'll all be sitting sideways at the moment trying to work out what emoticons they are.

This is a smack in the teeth for the support groups,8. First we have the BKs and then Smith heading a consortium,both groups backed by the RST. Just hope the trust don't give out horse tips. Cue the call now for fan ownership.

FFS Youngsy i am depressed enough without fan ownership rearing its fat ugly head again :(

So the Cardigan Consortium ride off into the sunset....who knew? Chas G really is the only game in town.....unlucky.

I thought I heard thunder early and saw storm clouds.

Realise I was wrong - It is Leggo exploding due to this news - I actually want to read his reaction to Grampa Wattie leading the Cardigan Brigade into the sunset

Hope everybody remembers that Lord Cardigan lead the Charge of Light Brigade during the Crimean War - a suicidal charge against Eurpoean opposition with disasterous consequences - I love history and its wee jokes.

:lol:

And since the permaraging loyal supporters are all going to refuse to buy tickets for Greenco because they all support Walter, they're even more fucked than before.

Which gives more weight to my post yesterday that all Green has is three pieces of real estate. No team, no credibility with fans, no ticket sales, no money therefore back to "no team" again. Looks like it's going to be suicide rather than euthanasia after all. We don't need to get all ethical over who fires the bullet. Just hand them the gun and say "Make like an electrician. Wire in."

Edited by Happy Buddie