Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Interesting:

Debi Edward ‏ @EdwardDebi

Gregg Wylde first player to leave #Rangers but STV News understands he may have asked to be released from his contract

Please release me

Let me go

For I

Don't love you anymore

To waste our lives

Would be a sin

Release me

And let me love again

Interesting:

Debi Edward ‏ @EdwardDebi

Gregg Wylde first player to leave #Rangers but STV News understands he may have asked to be released from his contract

Why not asked to be released! If you think you can get a contract elsewhere, even if it is on 75% of your current wage, isn't a safe 75% better than 50% at a club that might not even be able to pay that soon? (All % figures purely for illustration). I find it surprising that more players haven't asked to be released before now, especially if the March 31st deadline mentioned previously is true.

Keith Downie@STVkeith

Gregg Wylde has left Rangers. He has waived his wages for March and has decided not to take any redundancy package.

As Coyle was willing to take a punt on him, his stock will be fairly high and at the least, a Championship side would be a likely destination.

So the players have have now turned down wage cuts deciding instead to go with whatever redundancies are decided by the administrators.

OK decision made.....but 3 weeks on from appointment why are the adminstrators still bumbling about....

"Duff & Phelps have also advised the squad that if a form of wage cuts cannot be agreed then the redundancies will be more than previously thought. "

"The structured cuts option discussed on Monday that would avoid job losses remains on the table."

"Regrettably, it has not been possible thus far to reach a consensus "........thus far... how long are they going to run up further debt ?

They must have worked through at least 3 or 4 outcomes when they went off to consider the players offer last night

Surely the players outright refusal to accept cuts was one of the options and they prepared a list accordingly.

The injury time is up......IT'S TIME

Why not asked to be released! If you think you can get a contract elsewhere, even if it is on 75% of your current wage, isn't a safe 75% better than 50% at a club that might not even be able to pay that soon? (All % figures purely for illustration). I find it surprising that more players haven't asked to be released before now, especially if the March 31st deadline mentioned previously is true.

If the guys are decent they know its gonna be in their best interest to walk away, they can move to a new club and get a signing on fee etc, its the old/crappy ones that will be the ones most willing to deal.

If Wylde is not a Rangers fan then he'll have reason to stay. As someone else stated, a lower wage guaranteed elsewhere is better than a higher wage you won't get where you are. Who's next?