Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The easiest solution for all this is for the SFA to acknowledge that Rangers F.C. as we knew them are DEAD.

Let there be an enquiry into the past by all means but why complicate matters - titles can eventually be stripped if required, but should have no bearing whatsover on a NEWCO.

Let the SFA determine which league any NEWCO be admitted to, AND TELL THEM THEY ARE A NEW CLUB WITH NO HISTORY.

Why do they need reminded, they ARE a new club with no history, SFA can't change that, as much as they'd like to.

I think Rangers should suffer severe sanctions - no newco admission to SPL, SFL to decide if they admit them to division 3, existing fine, 3/4 years out of Europe and signing ban. Once that's happened they should be allowed back in and allowed to work theur wat back up.

I hated Rangers (and their 'neighbours') long before this all happened but it's important we apply the rules equally. Any team who has committed offences should pay the correct penalty then it should be over (if not necessarily forgotten).

Even allowing for my hatred of all things OF, the situation is that Rangers have killed themselves. They've put themselves out of business. They haven't just broken some rules or gone into admin and therefore need to be punished. They no longer exist through their own actions. Unless we take this opportunity, no matter what sanction is handed out, within a few years the duopoly will be fully back up and running and Scottish football will be back to the normal '3rd place is success' situation.

The only way anything will then change will be when some form of cross border European leagues are formed, the OF join but leave their reserve teams in the Scottish set up. I would expect that these teams would be strong enough to continually win things without perhaps the total stranglehold currently enjoyed.

As long as the Old Firm are in existence, every other club in Scotland is consigned to being also rans. Scottish football can only thrive through true competition without them. We have now been presented with a once only opportunity to free ourselves of one of them through their own actions. To do this, we actually need do very little. Let someone like Spartans in Div 3 and everyone move up one. A couple of seasons budgeting readjustments and then off we go, building a new Scottish football set up. You can't get much more positive than that!

One sanction which should be applied, but hasn't been mentioned yet is a choice of strip to reflect the years of cheating, tax evasion, bigotry, intimidation etc, etc. The SFA should impose a strip so that every time they take to the field they carry the mark of their shame with them. What would be your "uniform" of choice for The New Rangers in Div Whatever? My choice would be black and white hoops from the shirt, through the shorts and right down to the socks with only black boots allowed. (just like the old silent movie convicts)

They also have to play Broadfoot in every game. That'll be the equivalent of the ball and chain round their ankle.

One sanction which should be applied, but hasn't been mentioned yet is a choice of strip to reflect the years of cheating, tax evasion, bigotry, intimidation etc, etc. The SFA should impose a strip so that every time they take to the field they carry the mark of their shame with them. What would be your "uniform" of choice for The New Rangers in Div Whatever? My choice would be black and white hoops from the shirt, through the shorts and right down to the socks with only black boots allowed. (just like the old silent movie convicts)

Anyone read The Scarlet Letter?

The story starts during the summer of 1642, near Boston, Massachusetts, in a Puritan village. A young woman, named Hester Prynne, has been led from the town prison with her infant daughter in her arms, and on the breast of her gown "a rag of scarlet cloth" that "assumed the shape of a letter." It is the uppercase letter "A." The Scarlet Letter "A" represents the act of adultery that she has committed and it is to be a symbol of her sin—a badge of shame—for all to see.

Edited by Sam Leitch Loyal

True. Or SFA registered club, I believe. No license = gemmes a bogey.

That's why I can't see it happening. The 'too big to die' and 'we need Rangers' brigade have pretty much seen to that.

I think the best solution is for the clubs to vote no, Rangers move to the third division. With regards to the panel, they may see that as punishment enough, or perhaps add in the Scottish cup ban to show they are actually doing something.

As much as I'd love to see the back of Rangers, even if it's just for a year, it just wont happen. They'll be in Scottish League football in some form next season - I think we need to acknowledge that as the likely eventuality, otherwise we'll end up being disappointed.

It's a nice time to remind people of exactly who they've stiffed. The only ones missing are their own fans.

Your graphic is a load of nonsense,try sticking to the facts that the investigation covers the years from 2001-2009. But don't let that reality stop you from posting inaccuracies that has no foundation whatever.

Why do they need reminded, they ARE a new club with no history, SFA can't change that, as much as they'd like to.

Considering that I was talking to a 'Rangers' fan yesterday who is in denial and wondering which league 'his' club will eventually be playing in, yes ,I'd say there is definitely a need for the SFA to put an end to the arguments about oldco rangers and newco rangers.

The majority of their fans still think this Newco is the same club.

Talk of stripping of titles is just another side-show - just get to the crux of the matter, and let the SFA tell the world that the old rangers are dead and buried and the newco is just that, a new company and new club.

Considering that I was talking to a 'Rangers' fan yesterday who is in denial and wondering which league 'his' club will eventually be playing in, yes ,I'd say there is definitely a need for the SFA to put an end to the arguments about oldco rangers and newco rangers.

Talk of stripping of titles is just another side-show - just get to the crux of the matter, and let the SFA tell the world that the old rangers are dead and buried and the newco is just that, a new company and new club.

Why should we pander to thick b*****ds?

I suggest this one as it not only gives the idea of being stripped of titles but also the notion of rebirth.

post-35183-0-85296400-1340103791_thumb.j

As for the colours there is the RED wig, the WHITE socks and the BLUE condom. :lol:

I can't see why the SFA will await the SPL's decsion. What if the SPL agree to admit The New Rangers and the SFA then come out with an expulsion or suspension? All this angst for nothing and a reorganisation of the leagues having to be done in jig-time, either additional promotion to the SPL (Dundee?), The Pars back in, then subsequent moves in Divs 2 and 3, or an 11 team SPL. Much better if SFA plan one of these sanctions ( and surely it is only those that are open to them?) to get it over and done with before J4 to give more time for reorganisation.

Edited by Happy Buddie

If Rangers have the same strip, the same sponsor, the same manager, the same stadium, the same players, the same crest.... and so forth, to all intents and purposes, they are the same club. If they get the same league place, what is there really to say the two clubs aren't the same? They need to be stripped of their titles or forced to have the year 2012 on the crest.

Your graphic is a load of nonsense,try sticking to the facts that the investigation covers the years from 2001-2009. But don't let that reality stop you from posting inaccuracies that has no foundation whatever.

Did the graphic contain season 2001 - 2009?

If Rangers have the same strip, the same sponsor, the same manager, the same stadium, the same players, the same crest.... and so forth, to all intents and purposes, they are the same club. If they get the same league place, what is there really to say the two clubs aren't the same? They need to be stripped of their titles or forced to have the year 2012 on the crest.

Each player must stand to attention on the half-way line while a lucky P&B-er gets to rip the crests off.

sorry to disagree, but the stripping of titles is for another day, it is not important at this time.

Te big issue is the question of whether or not there is a direct connection between the oldco and newco.

The likes of Sir Walter of Cardigan, Davie Queen, Fat Sally etc etc realise that their main objective is to see a continuation of the two clubs, hence all the posturing that has been going on.

let's all keep focussed on the main issue at present - NEWCO means NEW CLUB and let's stick to that issue and not be sidetracked.

titles for the the old rangers fc will, no doubt, be stripped in due course when the dust has settled.