Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right, Rangers are dead and all the history is dead with it.

The SFA want to punish Rangers for "cheating" and WILL impose sanctions against them.

"The" Rangers are after a place in the top flight of Scottish football without any rights to be there, newco etc etc etc.

So are we dead, or are we just fudging about on the real issue that the SPL will not survive without the money, after all that's what everyone is after.

See below.

Aye,but I support a Scottish team, we will be unaffected, bring it on,it's high time the Self Preservation was eradicated from the SPL once and for all.

I have been accused by some fans of my own club of threatening to turn my back on ICT. I re-iterate here that my stance on all this is that if storting integrity is not maintained and suitable punishments for the crimes committed are not put in place then I will turn my back on the sport I love. I can easily spend a lot less going fishing or walking the hills or even watching another sport. Illegal means have been used to gain advantage and if clubs decide not to punish that severely then those clubs are guilty of aiding and abetting those crimes and that does not bode well with my conscience.

the daft thing no one is pointing out is, if all SPL clubs all lose a similar amount of cash, the wage levels will just go down equally, and most of the same scottish players will be at the same clubs, just earning a wee bit less money.

Cap'n Sensible has been battering on about that sort of thing for years, apologies if I have the wrong Saints fan.

I don't play golf and I'm not taking it up to suit these b*****ds. I'll have to think of some other way to waste spend my time and money.

Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool Everton, Wigan and I suppose the Manchester clubs aren't that far away. And not impossible to get tickets for. Just a shame Blackburn and Bolton got relegated.

Depending on your work schedule Milan and Bremen are fairly easy and relatively inexpensive to get to for a game every now and then.

Businesses have to run on facts, not FACTs or guesstimates or projections on what could happen IF the voting system was to be changed.

The more I think about the mfc statement the more I appreciate the reality of it. Here are the consequences of a no vote. If you're still up forthat then fine. But its not going to be pretty no matter how much fans letting their hearts rule their heads imagine it'll be some utopian land of milk and honey without Rangers.

see if one of your sales staff is a kiddie fiddler, but he's your best salesman, is it reasonable to argue that you should keep him because you have to act in your best interests?

no one is arguing itll be a land of milk and honey. that doesnt mean there should be any ifs and buts. rangers are an abomination. this adds up to the biggest scandal in football ever. systematic cheating for over a decade, followed by liquidation when caught, writing off 140 million pounds. its like enron but with a football.

the way the football world should look on it is to automatically kick the **** out, and then point out how much damage they did to our game and to our teams, not to keep them in.

if this was america, they'd be kicked out and then there'd be a class action suit on behalf of the owners of the wee clubs, against murray, kind, wee murray, whyte etc to pay up their losses.

the daft thing no one is pointing out is, if all SPL clubs all lose a similar amount of cash, the wage levels will just go down equally, and most of the same scottish players will be at the same clubs, just earning a wee bit less money.

I read from a source I posted a link to earlier.......

It would take a year for the SKY to change and next years SKY money will be paid out as normal and clubs would have a year to adjust if the newco does not get the required parachute into the SPL.

The SPL was founded to deny money to the other clubs in the lower leagues. Integrity was the furthest thing from any SPL chairmans mind when they dreamed up the SPL.

Other clubs have cheated their creditors and repaid a fraction of what they owed. Some have actually done this and escaped with NO punishment whatsoever.

At the end of the day The Rangers will come out of this the other side in reasonably good health...The SFL clubs will benefit from the money that The Rangers generate. Celtic will be able to cut their costs and still saunter to the title..The biggest losers financially will be the other SPL clubs.

Correct, whist it may have not been a great system and you can argue the split of cash wasn't correct, the SPL was founded on the same principles as the EPL, make the rich, richer and chase the dream. In essence the OF wanted made richer and agreed they'd throw a wee bit back to the others with them as they went along. It wasn't right but it is what we have.

The difference being that other clubs have largely satisfied their creditors through offers to pay a percentage. Rangers couldn't do this and are proceeding through liquidation. No club would get away unpunished any more- it was down to having no rules at that time.

Will they? You might come out of it, but I'd say things are shaky. If the other SPL clubs get to vote away the 90% vote resolution, one more gets a shot at Europe and they change the money distribution I don't think they'd be that badly hurt.

I have been accused by some fans of my own club of threatening to turn my back on ICT. I re-iterate here that my stance on all this is that if storting integrity is not maintained and suitable punishments for the crimes committed are not put in place then I will turn my back on the sport I love. I can easily spend a lot less going fishing or walking the hills or even watching another sport. Illegal means have been used to gain advantage and if clubs decide not to punish that severely then those clubs are guilty of aiding and abetting those crimes and that does not bode well with my conscience.

Same here. I only go to a couple of SPL games each season, so will not even be noticed in the grand scheme of things, but I will not go to another one if Rangers are allowed back in.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, cos I was looking forward to Dundee Utd v St Johnstone on Boxing Day.

If the "punishment" for a phoenix club is to start in div 3, isn't this saying to div 3 clubs that it's ok to avoid financial responsibilities in pursuit of div 2 glory? If it all goes wrong, they'll only re-emerge where they started along with a three year European ban!

No, the punishment is only light because of who's involved, I've no doubt that anyone outwith the big 6 would be out of Senior football under the samecircumstances.

Correct, whist it may have not been a great system and you can argue the split of cash wasn't correct, the SPL was founded on the same principles as the EPL, make the rich, richer and chase the dream. In essence the OF wanted made richer and agreed they'd throw a wee bit back to the others with them as they went along. It wasn't right but it is what we have.

The difference being that other clubs have largely satisfied their creditors through offers to pay a percentage. Rangers couldn't do this and are proceeding through liquidation. No club would get away unpunished any more- it was down to having no rules at that time.

Will they? You might come out of it, but I'd say things are shaky. If the other SPL clubs get to vote away the 90% vote resolution, one more gets a shot at Europe and they change the money distribution I don't think they'd be that badly hurt.

One other point I'd add to the above replies is that no other club that went into administration cheated ill people of hospital beds. Cheated children out of proper education. Cheated councils out of the funds required to keep our roads and parks etc up to standard. The biggest crime committed by Rangers is tax evasion and tax avoidance.

Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool Everton, Wigan and I suppose the Manchester clubs aren't that far away. And not impossible to get tickets for. Just a shame Blackburn and Bolton got relegated.

Depending on your work schedule Milan and Bremen are fairly easy and relatively inexpensive to get to for a game every now and then.

£20, £25 and £30 a ticket, 3 hours from Tarbolton, back on the motorway 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Adult and Child ST for approx £400.

No, the punishment is only light because of who's involved, I've no doubt that anyone outwith the big 6 would be out of Senior football under the samecircumstances.

The big 6? Don't think so somehow, ANY team outside of the old firm would have been chucked out the instant the cva failed and punted to the 3rd division and nobody would have batted an eye lid in outrage.

Same here. I only go to a couple of SPL games each season, so will not even be noticed in the grand scheme of things, but I will not go to another one if Rangers are allowed back in.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, cos I was looking forward to Dundee Utd v St Johnstone on Boxing Day.

You would be missed though, you will be 1 of 1,000's.

£20, £25 and £30 a ticket, 3 hours from Tarbolton, back on the motorway 15 minutes after the final whistle.

Adult and Child ST for approx £400.

Wigan is the personal favorite here. Started by them signing the 2 James' to be fair.

2 and a half hours from Glasgow, decent wee stadium which never sells out even against the big teams. Pre match and/or half time pint, decent prices (with the occasional £10/15 offer thrown in from time to time). Its just a shame the town itself is such a hole.

The big 6? Don't think so somehow, ANY team outside of the old firm would have been chucked out the instant the cva failed and punted to the 3rd division and nobody would have batted an eye lid in outrage.

Should have clarified it, punted out of SCOTTISH SENIOR FOOTBALL, The Rangers may still end up in the 3rd, that's getting off lighter than AUFC would in similar circumstances IMHO.

Edited by ayrmad

Simmer down auld fella, just a subtle reminder to our maroon chums the fine distinction between right and wrong.......

I actually agree with you. Its shite that this is coming from a Hearts source, I wish it wasnt.

I admire the hibs stance on this. I fear Hearts will vote yes mad.gif

You...you...you glory hunter. Lots of decent stuff played below the EPL and certainly better than a lot of the SPL offerings.

You...you...you glory hunter. Lots of decent stuff played below the EPL and certainly better than a lot of the SPL offerings.

I supported Sunderland when they were in the 3rd tier of English football.ph34r.gif

I supported Sunderland when they were in the 3rd tier of English football.ph34r.gif

Not Ayr?....not that they were ever in the 3rd tier of English football of course!

Edited by 7-2